Listen to this

HuskerFalcon

WOW. A real shocker we got here.

TCU and OU fans with p**** envy ripping Texas on some sports radio show?

Cannot believe they would do that without the Aggies and the Huskers there to chime in and whine.

Let me guess... some kind of whining that we make so much more money than they do, that we're so much more powerful and important than they are, that we have unfair advantages and that we are arrogant jerks.

Yep.

In other breaking news... a grizzly bear just took a dump in the woods somewhere in British Columbia.

Hook'em!

:blink: left of the picture of the girls underneath the ticker...click it :blink:

WOW. A real shocker we got here.

TCU and OU fans with p**** envy ripping Texas on some sports radio show?

Cannot believe they would do that without the Aggies and the Huskers there to chime in and whine.

Let me guess... some kind of whining that we make so much more money than they do, that we're so much more powerful and important than they are, that we have unfair advantages and that we are arrogant jerks.

Yep.

In other breaking news... a grizzly bear just took a dump in the woods somewhere in British Columbia.

Hook'em!

Nothing against you GATX, but unless you're unbelievably good at what you do, being liked is important. And given that Bama just took your lunch money the last game you played, perhaps UT isn't quite as good as most of the their fans would like to believe.

Is any team/school as good as their fans believe?

Is there any strong or dominant program that doesn't have their share of detractors?

You're talking about our loss in the BCS game. But what's your point? Bama, a great team, beat us. So maybe we're not as good as we think we are? Ha. Okay. That's a bold conclusion. Now I guess we can go ahead and say that about every team Bama played last year. But where does that take us? I don't really understand the meaning of your point.

My post was about regional teams hating Texas. Are you saying it's important for us to be liked by our regional rivals?

Nothing against you GATX, but unless you're unbelievably good at what you do, being liked is important. And given that Bama just took your lunch money the last game you played, perhaps UT isn't quite as good as most of the their fans would like to believe.

Is any team/school as good as their fans believe?

Is there any strong or dominant program that doesn't have their share of detractors?

You're talking about our loss in the BCS game. But what's your point? Bama, a great team, beat us. So maybe we're not as good as we think we are? Ha. Okay. That's a bold conclusion. Now I guess we can go ahead and say that about every team Bama played last year. But where does that take us? I don't really understand the meaning of your point.

My post was about regional teams hating Texas. Are you saying it's important for us to be liked by our regional rivals?

My point was that there's no upside being an arrogant jerk.

Well, sure. Was there ever any doubt about that?

Personally, I don't think Longhorns are arrogant jerks. You can bet your last dollar our rivals will say we are till they're out of breath.

We're cocky, or proud, or confident, or even arrogant -- depending on the individual fan. But I think it's a stretch to call all Longhorns arrogant jerks.

I'm a Georgia fan first and a Texas fan second. Spent five years in both places. In my opinion, the two fan bases are very similar in terms of style, culture, taste, etc. There are few other programs in America I could get behind as a Georgia fan like Texas.

Spend some time in Austin. We may not be as bad as you think.

My point was that there's no upside being an arrogant jerk.

How can you NOT say that ALL programs are trying to earn as much money as possible?

That is one of the fundamental missions that an AD undertakes. That's what businesses all over the USA and all over the world do. It's capitalism. And, yes, Division I football has certain elements of a free market economy (i.e. capitalism). For better or worse. ADs are like CEOs and athletic programs are businesses.

Texas happens to have some advantages that allow the AD to make a ton of money. Just because UT athletics have had some success at that does not mean that we are somehow different or more interested in making money.

In fact, the UGA athletics dept is pretty darned good at making money. And Georgia should be. We also have some advantages that allow for it. Top football programs are good at making a lot of money (see below). UT happens to be making the most money right now -- that will change some day -- but we're all trying to do the same thing.

Is the UGA AD's financial mission any different from that of the Texas AD? No way. If it were different, he wouldn't be doing his job. I guarantee you the Nebraska AD is doing everything in his power to make Nebraska as much money as possible. That's his job.

Link: The 12 Most Valuable Teams in NCAA Football

how can you not say texas is a bunch of selfish money wanting jerks?

Exactly.

News Flash: Athletic Depts are trying to make money.

yes they are, but they go about it differently.. the sec shares the money equally among all teams.. you don't think florida and bama after winning the past 2 titles now would like to demand they get a lot more money that other teams? of course they may want that, but for the betterment of the entire conference knowing the importance of healthy programs from #1 through #12 they share the money among all teams. That is the issue with the big 12 and a big reason why they have not been a healthy conference for years. Texas has been too focused on them only and to heck with everyone else. They met with the pac-10 over 6 months ago to work on the details of throttling their conference. They didn't a crap about the other teams in it other than teams they felt they had to bring with them and teams like oklahoma and okie state who are attached at the hip. When they saw a&m do something texas isn't used to and tell them no we won't go they realized how this isn't a great deal for them if the sec is invited into their state and they also realized that pac-10 wasn't going to let them run over that conference and have their own network. texas now should be set til it falls apart in a few years which it will, uneven money distribution will destroy the conference.