Haynesworth to New Orleans

SaintRay

So today, a very reliable Saints insider stated that Haynesworth to the Saints is alive and well. The only holdup is Haynesworth returning a portion of the money he was recently paid by the 'Skins.

According to the source, the Saints will trade the pick they received from the Redskins for Jammal Brown , a 3rd or 4th rounder, back to the Redskins in exchange for Haynesworth. The Redskins would keep the 5th or 6th pick in the trade already finalized in the Jammal Brown trade.

If it happens, Haynesworth would cost the Saints Jammal Brown and the 5th or 6th pick in next years draft.

Now we wait and see if it's true and pans out.

If it does happen, the highway is CLOSED in the middle lanes.

If the Saints somehow landed Haynesworth that would bring us near the top in terms of defensive lines.

Smith Haynesworth Ellis Brown

good god...wink.gif

how much cancer do you guys want ????

the dope scandal

madden cover

usc

now Haynesworth ????

yea , you guys are in good shape to do what no other NFC South team has done, ever

and post a winning season the next yr

:rolleyes:

best D Line in the NFL :lol::lol::lol:

you saints guys are so funny

the dope scandal

madden cover

usc

now Haynesworth ????

yea , you guys are in good shape to do what no other NFC South team has done, ever

and post a winning season the next yr

rolleyes.gif

best D Line in the NFL laugh.giflaugh.gif

you saints guys are so funny

The Saints have a strong locker room. People said trading for Shock would be a bad move but look at how he's fit in. I have all faith that if Haynesworth came to New Orleans, he'd be well behaved and would be another part of the team. I have all the faith in the world that the leaders on this team (and we have many on each side of the ball) would keep him in line, just like they have with Shockey. BTW, where did I ever say the Saints would have the best DL in the NFL?

There's a difference between "near the top" and being the "best."

Edited by nolafan33

the dope scandal

madden cover

usc

now Haynesworth ????

dope scandal = small distraction

madden cover = no distraction

USC = no distraction

Haynesworth = Highway closed in center lanes

Starting to look like another NFC South title to me.

Please let this happen, A loss of draft picks and cancer. All that money has gotten to his already fat head, he'll never be the same again

IF it happens, the Saints stand to lose a 5th or 6th round pick. Brown was going to be gone in any senerio because he was replaced by Bushrod.

Haynesworth and the loss of a 6th rounder = I can handle that.

IF it happens, the Saints stand to lose a 5th or 6th round pick. Brown was going to be gone in any senerio because he was replaced by Bushrod.

Haynesworth and the loss of a 6th rounder = I can handle that.

Not to mention he'd come with a very small contract. First sign of trouble, buh bye.

The Saints have a strong locker room. People said trading for Shock would be a bad move but look at how he's fit in. I have all faith that if Haynesworth came to New Orleans, he'd be well behaved and would be another part of the team. I have all the faith in the world that the leaders on this team (and we have many on each side of the ball) would keep him in line, just like they have with Shockey. BTW, where did I ever say the Saints would have the best DL in the NFL?

There's a difference between "near the top" and being the "best."

Locker room, how about strong QB... Last year, Drew chewed Shockey a new one on the side line. I thought he was going to put his foot up Shockey's a&*...

It would depend on which Haynesworth that showed up.

If he is the lack luster lazy sob who does not care about anyone but himself that the titans saw for most of his tenure there and what the skins got last year.........

Or the fired up unblockable beast that conveniently showed up in contract years....

If its the former then please take him.

If he is the latter then that would be a tough thing on the nfc south.

just keep in mind his last 2 years in Tennessee that were not contract years the titans finished 22nd in 05 and 30th in 06.

He is a Me first guy who is only motivated by money.

btw there is a HUGE difference between Shockey and Fat Albert.

Shockey for being a jerk that he was accused of being , was never considered lazy.

Albert often has been described as lazy and unmotivated.

Please don't say a championship will motivate him because if he TRULY wanted a championship he would have never signed with skins in the first place.

People are so hung up on stats its ridiculous.

Shockey has 2 Super Bowl Rings and has played on winning teams almost his entire career.

Last year, when he was in the lineup, the Saints were 16-0, including the playoffs. In the 3 games he missed, they were 0-3. There simply must be something about the guy that works. He clears the middle lanes of the field and linebackers in the process, can go deep down the center of the field, blocks extremely well in the running game and is a high motor guy the entire game. Works for me.

So is TG great, you betcha. Winslow, I'll reserve judgement there for sure. But can either claim the success Shockey has enjoyed, no way.