The Mike Smith Appreciation Thread

Statick

I love him. He's second on my all time Falcon list right now. Gaining ground on Reeves. As soon as he gives me some playoff wins he will get the top spot. My only complaint has been his benching skills. But he seems to improve game by game. I think he is almost there.

90985086.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0553BCF20D08A48A9AC020E2CD854B9CD35534E1A7CDFB37DE30A760B0D81129793615389.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0ABEC3B38B0E218CEFC0DB6B69559200852C2A486A41D6C51E30A760B0D811297

I hope he's working on his flag-throwing skills for this season.

Im glad he is the coach of the falcons. He his my favortie falcon coach of all time right next to dan reeves. im glad we have a coach who will stand up for his players in the middle of the game. I hope he is the coach for a very long time.

Ive been watching football a long time, and i can honestly say with no bias

that Coach Mike Smith is my favorite coach of all time.

I think we found us a winner!

I love him. He's second on my all time Falcon list right now. Gaining ground on Reeves. As soon as he gives me some playoff wins he will get the top spot. My only complaint has been his benching skills. But he seems to improve game by game. I think he is almost there.

HoE:

I have an on going Love Affair with the NFL going on 48 years now, and Head Coaches like

Mike Smith are far and few between.

FFS 70:

It never ceases to amaze me that New Head Coaches have a learning curve.

I would think that all roads leading up to becoming a HC would have taught a HC to be aware of

all of the little details, such as benching, and or the correct shoe and variation for the away games.

Pre Game Assessment and Evaluation.

Nut to Smitty's credit, I agree with you, Smitty is almost there.

To All:

Smitty is a rare breed of Coach.

I had a chat with a well known Sports Writer from a neighboring state who knows

Smitty.

"Mike Smith is a Hard Nosed but Fair Coach.

If you are making mistakes, he will pull you aside and teach you.

If you continue to make the same mistakes, you are going to find out

that he is a hard nosed coach.

Mike Smith is The Man, among Men.

Over on the Panties board, the actually have a thread vote going on about the Most Hated NFC South Coach.

So far, Payton is first. Coach Smitty is second. I can understand Payton, but what did Smitty ever do to them?

B@stages. I guess they're preparing for the future a**whoopin's he's about to inflict upon them.

My son has worked under four different head coaches now - **** Tomey, John Mackovic, Mike Stoops, and now Mike Smith. He'll tell you in a heartbeat that Coach Smith is the best of the lot, respectful of his players, his assistants and all his staff, even-handed and even-tempered (with a couple noteworthy sidelines exceptions), demanding but supportive, and always fair-minded. There are lots of ways to coach successfully in the NFL, and more than one personality type that can get the job done. But I doubt there's a better model anywhere than Mike Smith.

EDIT: I guess I should have typed 'Richard' Tomey.

Edited by JOEinPHX

Well, there are only four teams in a division. They, of course, aren't going to vote for their own coach. So that leaves them with TB, NO, and Atlanta. TB isn't going to worry anyone any time soon, so he's irrelevant to them (for now). So, that really only leaves us and NO. It's a crap shoot on who they would hate more, but NO at the top isn't a surprise.