PC Gaming

Suprised no one has brought this up yet. I am an avid PC gamer, Ive been playing PC games back since 2001 with BF1942 (before that I did play N64 and NES a lot) I have also purchased a Wii and Xbox lately. All in all Console gaming is one of the biggest rip-offs now. A bran new Xbox 360 w/o any games is 200$ the Elite is 400$.

Now this is where a lot of people say that consoles are better than PC. the pricetag on a new gaming PC is anywhere from 800$-5000$ depending on who you buy it from. What most people don't get is that you can build your own PC and get the parts from places like Newegg for around 600$ for one that costs 1500$ retail. When the PS3 first came out it was 600$. So much for that arguement.

Second Point. PC has better graphics than any modern day console. Most modern day consoles are built with the best graphics cards when they came out. The 360 came out in 05' I think so the top GFX cards would've been the Nvidia 7800 series. Nvidia already has thier 9800 series out. You think gfx on 360 is good just go check out somebody with a 9800 GTX.

Third Point. User Created content. User Created Content otherwise known as Mods, are content created by the community which can be uploaded to a website free of charge for others to download. Such Mods would include the famous Desert Combat for Bf1942, Gary's Mod for HL2, and the many add-ons and UIs for WoW. User Created Content is 98% completely free of charge. Most of the mods have even spawned games based on them, as BF2 was loosely based on Desert Combat.

O you also save 10$ buying games on PC than you do on consoles.

I get tired of PC gamers acting like they're the kings of games. It gets old.

I can lay on my couch, sit in a chair, lay in bed, whatever and play a console game. My friends play console games so there's always someone to get into something with. Every good game will be on a console, not true on PC's.

However I will be on my PC a ton when StarCraft 2 arrives.

xbox360 came out in 2005, PS3 came out in 2006. no way you could spend 600 dollars on a gaming rig that still owns at gaming. PC gaming rigs go out of date within 6 months. xbox and 360 from launch are still playing games that are getting release today.

**** 5 years ago we were still using single cores in our computers. this argument is pure ***.

360 and ps3 hae mod communities. they are not as prominent, but they do exist.

we now we got

360/ps3 cheaper over the same period. More uptodate over the same period. Lasts longer also. i got my slim for 300 bucks, and it will still be relevant for another 2-3years probably, so i paid 300 for a system that lasts me around 3-4 years probably. tell me one PC gamer who can say that ****.

like DI said. i can play it anywhere. PC is at a desk,unless you got a laptop, which wont cost 600 bucks.

PC games look just as good if not better on the 360. they are made future proof. Same with PS3.

Console gaming >> PC gaming, and its not just from a playing standpoint.

xbox360 came out in 2005, PS3 came out in 2006. no way you could spend 600 dollars on a gaming rig that still owns at gaming. PC gaming rigs go out of date within 6 months. xbox and 360 from launch are still playing games that are getting release today.

**** 5 years ago we were still using single cores in our computers. this argument is pure ***.

we now we got

360/ps3 cheaper over the same period. More uptodate over the same period. Lasts longer also. i got my slim for 300 bucks, and it will still be relevant for another 2-3years probably, so i paid 300 for a system that lasts me around 3-4 years probably. tell me one PC gamer who can say that ****.

like DI said. i can play it anywhere. PC is at a desk,unless you got a laptop, which wont cost 600 bucks.

PC games look just as good if not better on the 360. they are made future proof. Same with PS3.

Wrong. do try again tho.

I can lay on my couch, sit in a chair, lay in bed, whatever and play a console game. My friends play console games so there's always someone to get into something with. Every good game will be on a console, not true on PC's.

we now we got

pc's aren't restricted to desks and laptops. most TVs nowadays have appropriate connections.

I agree, it seems to happen alot. Through my experiences, it seems PC gamers seem to start these conversations. Who really cares? You are a PC gamer, fine. You are a console gamer, cool. Does it really matter? It's such pointless agrument.

I prefer the console, but I agree DI, when SC2 comes out. I will be on the PC in a heartbeat. The first Starcraft is one of my favorite games of all time.

Wrong. do try again tho.

How about to show me where I am wrong. This post sounds like you just crying wrong, because you do not like the facts. Cmon show me a 300 dollar gaming rig that will last more than 3 years or a 600 dollar rig that will last 5+ years.

Don't worry I'll wait.

Also it's a fact most games are made for xbox and ported to PC.

Believe it or not, computer parts are not as Expensive like they used to be, the only thing that is mostly expensive these days are Video Cards, but I guess it really depends though and you do not need to upgrade your pc every 6 months either if you have a good enough pc.

Believe it or not, computer parts are not as Expensive like they used to be, the only thing that is mostly expensive these days are Video Cards, but I guess it really depends though and you do not need to upgrade your pc every 6 months either if you have a good enough pc.

Exactly. I don't feel like shelling out money every 6 months just to be able to play a game.

Sure, I can turn the graphics down...but who wants to do that? I want to play the game they way it should be played.

Exactly. I don't feel like shelling out money every 6 months just to be able to play a game.

Sure, I can turn the graphics down...but who wants to do that? I want to play the game they way it should be played.

As long as you have a 3.0cpu, at least 4gb of ram, a good Video card, your good as go for a couple years.

I'm slightly confused... you claim to be a supporter of PC gaming yet you don't even have your facts straight on Video cards? Radeon far surpasses nVidia (which has long ago passed the 9 series).

The biggest difference between the PS3/xbox and the PC is the person playing it. PC is no longer for your casual gamer when it comes to staying in the market. A good PC can last 5+ years as long as your willing to update your system (usually just the graphic card can get you by). I dished out about $1200 for my rig, and its still able to pull full graphic options after 18 months. Probably will be able to for 18 months more. Once it starts to slow down and I can't enjoy the quality I am used to, I just stick another graphic card (another advantage coming with PCs nowadays is the ability to plug 2 or more graphic cards depending on the setup, although it must be the same card).

PC Gamers come in two varieties:

The clueless pay and play gamer who buys an overly expensive pre-built system and just plays the latest games until his computer is no good and buys a new one.

The hardcore gamer who plays every game at least once and continuously updates but is dedicated to specific games (mine being Counter-strike, before that, Starseige Tribes) and goes on to become an amateur player in tournaments and so on.

PS3/xBox can never advance to the precision level of a PC game when it comes to FPS games. It's a system purely for the enjoyment of the user, and I have no problem with that at all.

I'm slightly confused... you claim to be a supporter of PC gaming yet you don't even have your facts straight on Video cards? Radeon far surpasses nVidia (which has long ago passed the 9 series).

The biggest difference between the PS3/xbox and the PC is the person playing it. PC is no longer for your casual gamer when it comes to staying in the market. A good PC can last 5+ years as long as your willing to update your system (usually just the graphic card can get you by). I dished out about $1200 for my rig, and its still able to pull full graphic options after 18 months. Probably will be able to for 18 months more. Once it starts to slow down and I can't enjoy the quality I am used to, I just stick another graphic card (another advantage coming with PCs nowadays is the ability to plug 2 or more graphic cards depending on the setup, although it must be the same card).

PC Gamers come in two varieties:

The clueless pay and play gamer who buys an overly expensive pre-built system and just plays the latest games until his computer is no good and buys a new one.

The hardcore gamer who plays every game at least once and continuously updates but is dedicated to specific games (mine being Counter-strike, before that, Starseige Tribes) and goes on to become an amateur player in tournaments and so on.

PS3/xBox can never advance to the precision level of a PC game when it comes to FPS games. It's a system purely for the enjoyment of the user, and I have no problem with that at all.

I would say I used to be a 'hardcore gamer', built my PC's, always had mIRC running in the background, always looking for pug's like they were going out of style. These days, I just don't have the desire to play as much as I used, so I buy my computers and upgrade the video card and run with that. I don't know the last time i played CS to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

PC gamers v. Console gamers

Why can't people just be gamers? That's what I am. I play most of my games on a console, but do enjoy some PC gaming from time to time. One of the best RPG's that I have ever played is on a PC. Some people might be missing out on some excellent games by refusing to play a console or PC game...

Radeon has really never been the card of choice, its hard to find a ATI card that most games these days do support I used to have a computer that had an ATI card in it I finally switched it out to Nvidia so I could play a lot more games.

Also I too am excited for SC2. Already got my $ reserved for it, It will be fun getting my *** whipped in 5 minutes by the occasional Korean guy I run into lol.

BTW my computer has a 8800GT 520 MB which was tops about 4 Years ago and still runs Most things except for Crysis on Ultra wonderfully on Full GFX setting occasionally I have to turn shadows off but thats about it.