Bobby McCray

Just released by the Saints per RotoWorld. He had his best years under who, our HC Mike Smith. He could potentially be the added veteran help we need on our D Line.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2939

http://www.nfl.com/players/bobbymccray/profile?id=MCC663361

Thoughts?

Edited by ~GotJsOnDeck~

per espn insider rumors

McCray's next step

4:10

PM ETBobby McCray | Saints Top Email In a surprising move on Monday -- mainly because we haven't gotten the whole story yet -- the New Orleans Saints announced that they were releasing DE Bobby McCray. It's possible that the signing of Alex Brown and Jimmy Wilkerson earlier this offseason put McCray's spot in peril.

For now, we can begin to wonder where McCray will end up next. The Florida product excels at getting into the backfield using his speed, but struggles getting release when he is engaged by blockers. His best fit is probably with a 4-3 team that can use him in a time-share to generate some edge pressure on passing downs, and there are several teams who could use help there. We're only speculating here, but a team like the Atlanta Falcons -- a playoff-caliber team that still has some serious questions as to how they're going to get after the QB in 2010 -- might take a look. In any case, it's pretty likely that McCray will find a home before training camps begin.

sound slike the saints are getting haynesworth to me.

with trade of the brown fora draft pick, and now roster space being freed up.

What? Why wouldn't they have just traded Brown for Haynesworth? You know they traded Brown to Washington, and Haynesworth plays for that team?

Oh, and no on McCray. I don't think he is better than any DE on our team.

Edited by sporkdevil

What? Why wouldn't they have just traded Brown for Haynesworth? You know they traded Brown to Washington, and Haynesworth plays for that team?

Oh, and no on McCray. I don't think he is better than any DE on our team.

I am not sure, I was just speculating, but it would have been more of a package deal that the details haven't fully emerged yet.

but i am just guessing which is about a useful as pissing in the wind.

I don't think the Falcons should sign him. He isn't the same player he was in Jacksonville, dude has chronic back problems...and he definetly isn't good enough to start.

No kidding. 1 sack last year. He is on the wrong side of his career. No way we sign him. He isn't good, and it's not like Smitty has brought in a load of old Jacksonville players. I thought Spicer was a better player when he was a FA, was in Jacksonville forever, and we didn't even try to pick him up.

Oh man, same with Henderson.

No kidding. 1 sack last year. He is on the wrong side of his career. No way we sign him. He isn't good, and it's not like Smitty has brought in a load of old Jacksonville players. I thought Spicer was a better player when he was a FA, was in Jacksonville forever, and we didn't even try to pick him up.

Henderson wanted $$$$. We didn't really "need" a DT. I'd bring McCray in on a no risk contract. Why not give him a chance?

The Saints signed Spicer and dude didn't even make the cut. Though we did resign him when Charles Grant went down. Dude got himself a Super Bowl ring for doing NOTHING. I don't think he stepped on the field as a Saint one single time.

As for McCray, not only is he not the pass rusher he once was, he's TERRIBLE against the run.