1st Annual Roddy White Golf Classic

durrdbyrd

I just wanted to pass along some information about the Roddy White Golf Classic being held at The River Golf Club in North Augusta, S.C. on Monday, June 28.

The cost is $150 for an individual; $500 for a foursome.

The proceeds from the tournament benefit a youth organization in the Augusta area that White is closely associated with known as Choices-A Lifetime Development which aims to "motivate and encourage the youth of our society through workshops, seminars, mentor initiative and tutoring services". It's truly a great thing that he's doing.

Along with White, others expected to participate include: Michael Jenkins, former Falcons and current Steelers QB Byron Leftwich and former Clemson great Perry Tuttle.

I will be there covering the event and will post my story once it's published.

If any of you are interested in playing, you can visit www.rivergolfclub.com

If you want to learn more about the organization, check out www.choicesltd.net

Edited by durrdbyrd

It is the "Inaugural Roddy White Golf Classic". Next year will be the 1st Annual.

In theory, there is no such thing as a first annual.

I see your point, but on my press release it said "1st annual" so that's what I'm obliged to go with. But I think the belief is that it will become an annual event, which is why they say that.