Should I Pick Turner at Number 5?

I'd pick DeAngelo Williams. The Panthers offense will have a young QB leading them no matter what, and knowing John Fox and the Panthers offense that means a load of carries for Williams and Stewart. Ray Rice would be option #2 considering he's a great pass catching back also.

Turner - he is great with touchdowns - especially when we need him to punch it in. He is deadly in Fantasy football - I always use him - until he went down last year. Even so - he gave me plenty of points before that.

He's also in better shape this year and I expect to see him explode this year.

Look at it this way -

Turner missed 8 games basically last year AND he started out very slowly as we all know - mostly because he was out of shape. Nonetheless, he was worth 146.6 standard points in fantasy football in 2009.

Williams missed 3 games last year and he was worth 174.9 standard points in fantasy football in 2009.

That means Turner was averaging 18.33 points per game in a bad year for him and Williams was averaging 13.45 points per game. I attribute the lack of numbers for Williams as much to the rise in numbers for Stewart as anything else.

If you go back a year to 2008, when both players were very hot, Turner gave 276 points for the year and Williams gave 283 (a difference of 7 points on the year) while Stewart gave 148.

In 2009, Stewart gave 189.2 points, up 41+ points. I expect his numbers to go up even more this year, while Williams' goes down. I don't expect anyone to be taking Turners place as the lead guy this year.

I'd pick DeAngelo Williams. The Panthers offense will have a young QB leading them no matter what, and knowing John Fox and the Panthers offense that means a load of carries for Williams and Stewart. Ray Rice would be option #2 considering he's a great pass catching back also.

Deangelo Williams will split carries and shouldn't be picked till round 2.

Pick Ray Rice if its PPR, Turner for regular leagues.

G-Dawg's fantasy board

Top 20:

1. Chris Johnson, RB-Titans

2. Adrian Peterson, RB-Vikings

3. Maurice Jones-Drew, RB-Jaguars

4. Ray Rice, RB-Ravens

5. Michael Turner, RB-Falcons

6. Steven Jackson, RB-Rams

7. Andre Johnson, WR-Texans

8. Frank Gore, RB-Niners

9. Randy Moss, WR-Patriots

10. Larry Fitzgerald, WR-Cardinals

11. Drew Brees, QB-Saints

12. DeAngelo Wiliams, RB-Panthers

13. Aaron Rogers, QB-Packers

14. Reggie Wayne, WR-Colts

15. Peyton Manning, QB-Colts

16. Brandon Marshall, WR-Dolphins

17. Reshard Mendenhall, RB-Steelers

18. Cedric Benson, RB-Bengals

19. Jamaal Charles, RB-Chiefs

20. Shonn Greene, RB-Jets

so "yes" take him at #5....not before though.

Edited by g-dawg

Take Turner at #5 he is going to have a monster year with his conditioning and schedule.

G-Dawg's fantasy board

Top 20:

1. Chris Johnson, RB-Titans

2. Adrian Peterson, RB-Vikings

3. Maurice Jones-Drew, RB-Jaguars

4. Ray Rice, RB-Ravens

5. Michael Turner, RB-Falcons

6. Steven Jackson, RB-Rams

7. Andre Johnson, WR-Texans

8. Frank Gore, RB-Niners

9. Randy Moss, WR-Patriots

10. Larry Fitzgerald, WR-Cardinals

11. Drew Brees, QB-Saints

12. DeAngelo Wiliams, RB-Panthers

13. Aaron Rogers, QB-Packers

14. Reggie Wayne, WR-Colts

15. Peyton Manning, QB-Colts

16. Brandon Marshall, WR-Dolphins

17. Reshard Mendenhall, RB-Steelers

18. Cedric Benson, RB-Bengals

19. Jamaal Charles, RB-Chiefs

20. Shonn Greene, RB-Jets

Hey G-Dawg I like your top 20 but take my advice being a 3 year Steven Jackson owner he is the most over hyped FF RB ever. I keep dropping him down the list every year and I still seem to get him. He never gives me a good year, I'm not even putting him in my top 20 this year.

Edited by Xfactor

Ray Rice had 7 rushing and 1 receiving touchdown(s) last year - playing the whole year and he lost 3 fumbles. Fantasy wise, he didn't measure up to the points Turner or Williams gave in '08 when they were both healthy. On a per game basis - he was giving 15.4 points.

Turner - who basically missed 1/2 year last year - had 10 rushing touchdowns but lost 2 fumbles. On a per game basis - he was giving 18.33 points.