PFW Whispers

atljbo

link

Falcons SS Erik Coleman has provided steady veteran leadership in Atlanta's secondary and was second on the team in tackles last season (116), but he could face a challenge for his starting spot in training camp, sources say. The Falcons' 2009 second-round pick, William Moore, who missed all but two games last season because of knee and hamstring injuries, is expected to get a shot to win the job.

BVG gave an interview earlier this week on this subject. He gave a couple nice accolades to Moore and finished off the answer with something like, 'but he's got a whole lot to learn'.

He better learn it quick or there may be a lot of disappointed Moore supporters.

I hope he can do it cause I'm ready to see some of these Ed Reed type plays I keep hearing about.

Ed Reed

You know that is an ongoing joke on the forum right?

Outside of a few "specials" who always exist, the consensus is that he will have a decent shot at taking the job. All he has to do is come close to matching Coleman and he will win the job. I think he has a 60/40 shot at doing it if he remains healthy.

BVG gave an interview earlier this week on this subject. He gave a couple nice accolades to Moore and finished off the answer with something like, 'but he's got a whole lot to learn'.

He better learn it quick or there may be a lot of disappointed Moore supporters.

I hope he can do it cause I'm ready to see some of these Ed Reed type plays I keep hearing about.

Ive never heard anyone compare him to Ed Reed .. Ed Reed plays the deep middle field... William Moore would be playing way closer to the LOS.

But yea.. Thats why i like BVG... He rarely gives out compliments... You have to prove to him you can play during games that count... If BVG say good things about you... It means you are impressing

I remember BVG had a radio interview.... The radio guys was praising Curtis Lofton and looking for BVG to praise him but dude just wouldnt do it....lol... He just kept saying Curtis Lofton can be as good as he want too... Its up to Curtis Lofton.

But yea... The SS job is going to be a good TC battle... Coleman dont suck so William Moore would have to play even or better then Coleman to win the job..... We will see what he can do.

link

Falcons SS Erik Coleman has provided steady veteran leadership in Atlanta's secondary and was second on the team in tackles last season (116), but he could face a challenge for his starting spot in training camp, sources say. The Falcons' 2009 second-round pick, William Moore, who missed all but two games last season because of knee and hamstring injuries, is expected to get a shot to win the job.

Well this is a big fat DUH statement. Gee, imagine that, a starter being pushed for a spot by a second year draftee, Big Freakin' Surprise!! If our backup and up and coming guys aren't pushing for starting slots, then I really don't want them on the team. I want EVERY starter to have to push and work their butts off, because if they don't, they know their replacement is chomping at the bit to get in the game, and might play better.

Why can't I get a job being able to spew such common sense drivel.

But thanks Jbo for the info, and time to find it.

Ive never heard anyone compare him to Ed Reed .. Ed Reed plays the deep middle field... William Moore would be playing way closer to the LOS.

I have seen all kinds of posts, NCAA YouTube videos claiming he is an Ed Reed type playmaker. You can add Polumalu to that list.
But yea.. Thats why i like BVG... He rarely gives out compliments... You have to prove to him you can play during games that count... If BVG say good things about you... It means you are impressingI remember BVG had a radio interview.... The radio guys was praising Curtis Lofton and looking for BVG to praise him but dude just wouldnt do it....lol... He just kept saying Curtis Lofton can be as good as he want too... Its up to Curtis Lofton.
You seem to like BVG. I don't like his system worth a dam. I always hated a bend but don't break. His is a lot worst than Campbell's, Blackmon's and Zonatell's.
But yea... The SS job is going to be a good TC battle... Coleman dont suck so William Moore would have to play even or better then Coleman to win the job..... We will see what he can do.
I can't wait. I got my money on Coleman. I know the staff wasn't pleased with Coleman at SS but 'he's got a whole lot to learn' is not exactly a vote of confidence for WillyMo. Let the games begin. It's time to see who will RISE UP at several positions.

I have seen all kinds of posts, NCAA YouTube videos claiming he is an Ed Reed type playmaker. You can add Polumalu to that list.

You seem to like BVG. I don't like his system worth a dam. I always hated a bend but don't break. His is a lot worst than Campbell's, Blackmon's and Zonatell's.

I can't wait. I got my money on Coleman. I know the staff wasn't pleased with Coleman at SS but 'he's got a whole lot to learn' is not exactly a vote of confidence for WillyMo. Let the games begin. It's time to see who will RISE UP at several positions.

I havnt seen anyone compare him to Reed... I have seen some compare him to Troy P tho... I know he played that Rover position that Troy P plays.

I dont like BVG or dislike him... I'm waiting to see what he does with this talent... There are no excuses now... I do like that he doesn't overly praise any one...

The same thing was said about Decoud last year "has allot to learn" .... BVG didnt sound sure about the LDE spot (Biermann)... He is not gonna praise any one until they have proved they can do it.

I dont have my money on anyone... I just want to see a great TC battle.. I cant lie... I do want Moore to win the job... Not only because he has the talent but also because if he wins it over coleman... it means he out played him which is a good thing..... The Coaching Staff is not giving Moore the job... He has to earn it.

If Coleman wins the job... Its cool because he is a solid vet... I do think William Moore will see snaps this year unless he just looks terrible.

I dont like BVG or dislike him... I'm waiting to see what he does with this talent... There are no excuses now... I do like that he doesn't overly praise any one...
No more excuses? OK. Can't wait. Finally.
The same thing was said about Decoud last year "has allot to learn" .... BVG didnt sound sure about the LDE spot (Biermann)... He is not gonna praise any one until they have proved they can do it.I dont have my money on anyone...
I don't remember that. You got a thread? Never mind, not really trying to make you work on a Sunday.
I just want to see a great TC battle.. I cant lie... I do want Moore to win the job... Not only because he has the talent but also because if he wins it over coleman... it means he out played him which is a good thing..... The Coaching Staff is not giving Moore the job... He has to earn it.If Coleman wins the job... Its cool because he is a solid vet... I do think William Moore will see snaps this year unless he just looks terrible.
This regime has given jobs to players like Busterson and Crisp before. Probably based on draft status. I hate that. If they give Moore a Busterson style pass in 2010 and he sucks I will be psd and will let you know it.

No more excuses? OK. Can't wait. Finally.

I don't remember that. You got a thread? Never mind, not really trying to make you work on a Sunday.

This regime has given jobs to players like Busterson and Crisp before. Probably based on draft status. I hate that. If they give Moore a Busterson style pass in 2010 and he sucks I will be psd and will let you know it.

Man i wasnt even gonna look for it... i;m not gonna lie

I feel differently about the Chris Houston and JA98.. I get what you are saying... But i see it like this... In 2008 they didnt know what they had..... Chris Houston wasnt bad in 2008... He showed allot of improvement in 08 (showed signs of taking the next step) ... JA98 showed that he bust at DE... He is good against the run but is bad on the money downs (pass rusher)

In 09 Chris Houston definitely took a step back ... JA98 played DE's on run downs but he either played DT or was on the bench on passing downs....Kroy Biermann played more pass rushing downs.

I get you guys just want JA98 gone... I get that... I dont want dude playing DE either.... I guess the Coaching Staff was trying to play everybody to their strengths.

Kroy, Sid, and Chauncey (very under-rated) should see more snaps with JA98 playing more DT (if he makes the team)...

When Harvey Dahl started over Forney ... That showed me The Coaching Staff will play the players who they think is best... You might not agree with what they think but it is what it is.

Also lets be real... Every team give there high picks a chance until they prove that they are a complete bust (in some sort of way).

Chris Houston wasnt bad in 2008...
Crisp was bad every year he suited up in a Falcon uniform.
JA98 showed that he bust at DE...
That might be an understatement.
I get you guys just want JA98 gone...
I don't necessarily want Busterson gone. I want a Lombardi. From anybody that can help me get one. If dude can step up I'm with him. I have been waiting three years to give him his name back and he has disappointed every time. I hope this will be his year. If for nothing to give my buddy Gazoo a chance to beat his chest. He needs it.

About time William Moore did something with his career! :P Just kidding, I know I know he was injured. Hopefully he'll be much more inspired this year because his boy Weatherspoon is on the same team as him. I'd love to see both of them max their potential and be the types of players they were drafted to be. That would make our defense that much better this year... good luck to both of these men!

I don't necessarily want Busterson gone. I want a Lombardi. From anybody that can help me get one. If dude can step up I'm with him. I have been waiting three years to give him his name back and he has disappointed every time. I hope this will be his year. If for nothing to give my buddy Gazoo a chance to beat his chest. He needs it.

In before Gazoo comes in and blows the thread up.

Who wants odds? I say the thread goes 5 pages.

there's 2 ways that Moore can get on the field, 1 is beat out Coleman and if he can't then if either Decoud or Coleman gets hurt, but it's good to have 3-4 good Safeties.

I agree, I want everybody to be starter material **** with injuries etc. Moore had better be ready to play regardless,i think Coleman beats him out but Moore get significant snaps too. I love the depth they are building on defense,especially with the younger DB's,but like having a vet in there somewhere. Not totally sold on Van Gorder's defense either but now it's gonna be difficult to totally say it's because of lack of players to play his scheme.