Fathers day Salute

Walter Mathou was your Dad????!!!

All kidding aside, Happy Father's Day!!!

Any shufflin', jivin', triflin', no-job having worthless loser can be a Dad. But it takes a MAN to be a Father.

You know who you are, this day is for you!

thanks pencilpucher for acknowledging it, I will watch "Grumpy Old Men" or "Bad News Bear" in honor of your Father today.

Any shufflin', jivin', triflin', no-job having worthless loser can be a Dad. But it takes a MAN to be a Father.

thanks pencilpucher for acknowledging it, I will watch "Grumpy Old Men" or "Bad News Bear" in honor of your Father today.

Actually, I think you have that backwards. <_< My stepson's absentee "Father" fits the first description very well, while I like to hope I live up to the 2nd one. Anyone can pop a sperm in a coochie. It's what you do after that, that counts.

Just sayin'....

At any rate, if not for a world-class Dad, oh, and btw, Stepdad for me too, I would not be half the parent that I am today. They both have some awful big shoes to fill, but they're also responsible for making me want to do my best to fill them.

:lol: THANK you for that. That has been such a long running thing in my family. My dad was skinnier than Walter, but sometimes I have watched a movie and actually cried because it was like seeing my dad.Charley Varrick, if you can find it was a raelly good movie with Walter and it was so full of 70's Kitsch which makes it more fun to watch.

Anyway, you gave me a laugh on a sad day.

charley_varrick.jpg

17962_101190436579035_100000642375481_34731_7780394_n.jpg

17962_101190573245688_100000642375481_34741_1026232_n.jpg

I lost my dad back in December so this is my first Father's Day without him. He was my biggest hero. I became a father again for the third time in January. I now have a 15 year old, a 10 year old, and a 5 month old. I hope they think atleast half as highly of me as I have of him.

I lost my dad back in December so this is my first Father's Day without him. He was my biggest hero. I became a father again for the third time in January. I now have a 15 year old, a 10 year old, and a 5 month old. I hope they think atleast half as highly of me as I have of him.

That first pic is just pure awesomeness.People had so much style back in the day, and your dad clearly had a taste for it.

Guest Regular Guy

Flip, I don't "know" you but **** man, that is REAL. I appreciate you sharing that with me. I lost my mother a long time ago and Mother's Day is like that for me. It's sad. I can tell by what you write that you're a good man and your kids are lucky to have a Father like yourself. Your Dad is watching and smiling!

That first pic is just pure awesomeness.People had so much style back in the day, and your dad clearly had a taste for it.

PP, you are your Father's son my man! I can tell by that baby pic of you that you look a lot like your pop.

I know I have gone and gotten mushy here, oh well. To the both of you, you both still have them. You are a part of them and they are a part of you. You'll always have them in your hearts. Honor them this day as you did in the past.

To ALL the Falcons Father's (and Cowboy one's too!), I wish you all a Happy Father's Day!

Oh BTW Flip, Pops looks like he's about to be clubbin' in Miami! Lookin' Dapper.

PP, your Old Man looks like a nice guy that didn't take any sh#t! :lol:

Guest Regular Guy

Wow. Some deep stuff in this thread.

Happy Father's Day!

I got out of hand it seems :o I wear my emotions on my sleeves at times I suppose.

Guest Regular Guy

No no. I wasn't being a jerk or sarcastic. It's deep (real) stuff. Sorry for you and others' losses. It just makes me grateful to still have both of my parents.

Cool. Thanks!