The one thing I don't want us to do as a fanbase..............

DavyDmx

I love all my fellow Falcon fans from here to around the world. The one thing that I would hate to see is us as a potential Super Bowl winning franchise being spoiled by our success as a future recipient of The Lombardi trophy. It saddens me to see some fans of teams with winning track records (Dallas, Chicago, and Philadelphia) and recent champions (Saints) who go to other teams boards or even opposing teams stadiums and conduct themselves like spoiled children with no manners rather than being a proud follower of their team and conduct themselves with class (even if their team is losing). I never want to see us lowering ourselves like some other fan bases and hope we remain humble during what appears to be a very exciting time to be a Falcons fan.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all my fellow Falcon fans from here to around the world. The one thing that I would hate to see is us as a potential Super Bowl winning franchise being spoiled by our success as a future recipient of The Lombardi trophy. It saddens me to see some fans of teams with winning track records (Dallas, Chicago, and Philadelphia) and recent champions (Saints) who go to other teams boards or even opposing teams stadiums and conduct themselves like spoiled children with no manners rather than being a proud follower of their team and conduct themselves with class (even if their team is losing). I never want to see us lowering ourselves like some other fan bases and hope we remain humble during what appears to be a very exciting time to be a Falcons fan.

agreed +1

Also, we won't be able to change our username to anything related to the Superbowl by time all these Stanks fans take them all. lol. Maybe the mods will completely free most of them up on principle.

Edited by JKH5785

Too late.

Stop being nieve and thinking your fanbase doesn't

Hurry up and get here season! Heres to 2 injury free seasons for us.

Edited by Laugher

Evenry team has loyal, classy fans who have stuck with their team through the lean years and handle success with dignity. However, every team also has a small % of idiotic bandwagon fans who have nothing better to do with theitr lives than to spend time on other teams' boards acting like idiots - and posting as though their team's success some how makes them better - and more knowledgeable - fans than the fans of other teams.

I look at this in two ways.

One - it gets tiring to come on your own teams board and have thread after thread hijacked by someone singing the praises of their team. This is an aggravation we have to deal with as fans of a rival team who just won the superbowl, however, so we just have to deal.

Two - I have been a Falcon fan since the beginning of the Falcons. There are plenty of Saints fans who have been Saints fans since the beginning of the Saints. Neither of us have any "great and wonderful" history as a team to boast about as fans - like the Steelers, Dolphins and 49ers do, but we've stuck by our team and loved them and frustrating year after frustrating year, we've cheered them on. After all these years, if your team wins the Superbowl - you are going to want to soak in every moment you can get. It will be hard to focus on much else. You are going to want to shout it from the rooftops and make sure everybody is relishing it as much as you are. In this aspect - I totally get it.

So, while my style is to stay on our message board and revel in the joy with my fellow fans, I am sure I would be checking out all the rival boards just to see what they were saying because I would want to hear every syllable about the Falcons I could. While I wouldn't run over to the other boards and rub it in their face, I would expect there will be plenty of Falcon fans who will. It's actually understandable if you consider that they just watched their team with a magical season - the most magical in their history win the superbowl. You can't tell me that if that was our team we wouldn't be sitting on that same cloud, walking in that same daze and basking in that same glory they are. We would.

You can't tell me that if that was our team we wouldn't be sitting on that same cloud, walking in that same daze and basking in that same glory they are. We would.

Not me. When we finally get to the Promised Land, I'm just gonna utter "Win, win, win", followed by a yawn and then back to bed.-_-

Got mixed feelings about this. Myself, I belong to several boards but rarely post, just

like to peek at what they may be saying about the Birds. There is nothing wrong with

that, IMO. They is a thing called civility when you visit other folks board, and

if you are, you are usually welcomed with open arms. Just is interesting to me, to view

another fanbase viewpoints. Now when we do hoist the big one, will I post pictures of

say the Lombardi trophy?, nope.

I have officially seen my low point as a falcon fan.

We are actually imagining how classy we will be IF we win the Super Bowl.

Wow. Maybe I will pretend to pay my mortgage.

Apparently You havn't been a Falcon's fan for long then.

I'm sure some amongst us will go to other boards and rub it in, human nature.

Pretend being homeless while you're at it.

I look at this in two ways.

One - it gets tiring to come on your own teams board and have thread after thread hijacked by someone singing the praises of their team. This is an aggravation we have to deal with as fans of a rival team who just won the superbowl, however, so we just have to deal.

Two - I have been a Falcon fan since the beginning of the Falcons. There are plenty of Saints fans who have been Saints fans since the beginning of the Saints. Neither of us have any "great and wonderful" history as a team to boast about as fans - like the Steelers, Dolphins and 49ers do, but we've stuck by our team and loved them and frustrating year after frustrating year, we've cheered them on. After all these years, if your team wins the Superbowl - you are going to want to soak in every moment you can get. It will be hard to focus on much else. You are going to want to shout it from the rooftops and make sure everybody is relishing it as much as you are. In this aspect - I totally get it.

So, while my style is to stay on our message board and revel in the joy with my fellow fans, I am sure I would be checking out all the rival boards just to see what they were saying because I would want to hear every syllable about the Falcons I could. While I wouldn't run over to the other boards and rub it in their face, I would expect there will be plenty of Falcon fans who will. It's actually understandable if you consider that they just watched their team with a magical season - the most magical in their history win the superbowl. You can't tell me that if that was our team we wouldn't be sitting on that same cloud, walking in that same daze and basking in that same glory they are. We would.

Well said. In addition, the Saints fans' sentiment hit me as I was watching the HBO series "Treme". After the despair brought by Katrina really exacerbated their celebration. I can understand having that light come from all that darkness. That said, I really don't need to visit any other boards; they all inevitably visit us. So I'll just wait until a sour Saints fan comes to our board (after we hoist the Lombardi trophy) to unleash.

If this is your low point, I doubt you've been a fan since before 2008.

By the way, pal, it's WHEN not IF!!!!

I am very angry and disturbed right now. If this team doesn't win something soon. I'm afraid I might hurt myself. I am very ANGRY. I am very DISTURBED!!!!! :angry:

Look. There are lots of positives (moral victories) here.

We played the Saints close. We had back to back whining seasons.

P. Jerry doesn't look as old as he is.

Edited by atlmycity7

If this is your low point, I doubt you've been a fan since before 2008.

By the way, pal, it's WHEN not IF!!!!

True.

If you consider the fact that WHEN can extend into INFINITY. And would also include strike seasons played by non-union players. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Looks like our best hope is a collective bargaining collapse. A trophy is a trophy.

Look. There are lots of positives (moral victories) here.

We played the Saints close. We had back to back whining seasons.

P. Jerry doesn't look as old as he is.

Why so negative, if you're indeed a Falcon fan and know anytrhing about our past, how

can you not be optimistic about the future? I don't get the apparent sarcasm/animosity

you hold toward a team you are(?) a fan of.

BTW - If in the future if you quote one of my posts, pls ensure it remotely resembles what i posted.

Edited by vabchbirdlover

True.

If you consider the fact that WHEN can extend into INFINITY. And would also include strike seasons played by non-union players. There is more than one way to skin a cat. Looks like our best hope is a collective bargaining collapse. A trophy is a trophy.

Well, I was a young lady when the Falcons formed a team. I have been waiting an awfully long time, and I refuse to die until we win that SB. So, if I have to be immortal - so be it.

I absolutely understand your skepticism, but I'm here to tell you that we are not a fluke team right now. They are building for the future - and it will get us where we want to go. You are right, we don't know when, but if the Lord chooses to leave me here long enough to see it - I'll be willing to wait. When the day comes, I honestly can't tell you how I'll feel. The closest I can come is telling you how I felt the day I walked into that Miami stadium back in 1999. I thought my heart would burst out of my chest it was pounding so hard, I couldn't see straight because my head was spinning and I was breaking out in a cold sweat. Any other day, I guess it could have been the flu or low blood sugar, but on that day it was a mixture of fear, excitement, elation and disbelief. Honestly, how would I have acted if we won? What would I have felt? I have no clue - but I'd sure like to find out!

Why so negative, if you're indeed a Falcon fan and know anytrhing about our past, how

can you not be optimistic about the future? I don't get the apparent sarcasm/animosity

you hold toward a team you are(?) a fan of.

BTW - If in the future if you quote one of my posts, pls ensure it remotely resembles what i posted.

Typical.

Here's a thought.

If you want to go and edit and change someone's post. Don't whine about yours not being changed the way you like it.

Well, I was a young lady when the Falcons formed a team. I have been waiting an awfully long time, and I refuse to die until we win that SB. So, if I have to be immortal - so be it.

I absolutely understand your skepticism, but I'm here to tell you that we are not a fluke team right now. They are building for the future - and it will get us where we want to go. You are right, we don't know when, but if the Lord chooses to leave me here long enough to see it - I'll be willing to wait. When the day comes, I honestly can't tell you how I'll feel. The closest I can come is telling you how I felt the day I walked into that Miami stadium back in 1999. I thought my heart would burst out of my chest it was pounding so hard, I couldn't see straight because my head was spinning and I was breaking out in a cold sweat. Any other day, I guess it could have been the flu or low blood sugar, but on that day it was a mixture of fear, excitement, elation and disbelief. Honestly, how would I have acted if we won? What would I have felt? I have no clue - but I'd sure like to find out!

+1

A true fan.