Dunta Robinson

For the longest i have been trying to think who Dunta reminded me of. A guy who got his career off to a fast start, but injuries and scheme changes hindered his production. It just hit me who the guy is, its none other than CHARLES WOODSON (not trying to imply they are the same caliber of player). Dunta had a great rookie season but injuries and different coaching have played a part in his tail off since then. Woodson was the same way. When he signed with Green Bay in 2006, Woodson was 29 and had 17 ints with 28 PDefs (PDef became an official stat in 2001 so Charles has 3 years not counted). Dunta is 28 with 13 ints with 54 PDefs. Woodson now has 45 career pics, and seems to be getting better with age. The point being, its amazing what scheme comfortability, being healthy, and a change of scenery can do for a player. Like i said, im not saying he is the next coming of Woodson, but i expect a better Robinson than seen in previous years.

We will have hit a home run if it turns out this way!

Yeah you're right. Something else to consider is him playing in front of his friends and family on a consistent basis. We dont know how much that factors into how hard he is working to play great for this team

The reason why i think Dunta Robinson will have better numbers with us because of the scheme... In Houston they mainly play bump in run coverage.... His back was mainly towards the QB... In our coverage he would have the chance to jump routes... We will play some man coverage but we mainly play off man coverage and zone....

He should shine in our system...

The reason why i think Dunta Robinson will have better numbers with us because of the scheme... In Houston they mainly play bump in run coverage.... His back was mainly towards the QB... In our coverage he would have the chance to jump routes... We will play some man coverage but we mainly play off man coverage and zone....

He should shine in our system...

You're right, the scheme makes a world of difference. Most physical corners are better when breaking on the ball oppose to running stride for stride with receivers, even though Dunta is more than capable. His skill set is better suited for him to beat up the WR for the first five yards and protect his zone while reading the QBs eyes. Not to mention he has a good initial jam at the line which should come in handy for some more sacks this year