NFC South Chat

Link

Jay (Albany, GA)

Do you have any info on what the situation is with Peria Jerry's injury? Is the situation much worse than we thought?

Pat Yasinskas (12:57 PM)

Falcons have been very quiet on this one, which has me a bit worried. Just have to wait to training camp to see.

Ken (NY)

Best O-Line in the NFC south?

Pat Yasinskas (1:04 PM)

Probably Carolina.

Eric (Atlanta)

Top three wr's in the nfc stout?

Pat Yasinskas (1:25 PM)

1. Smith. 2. Colston. 3. White.

Cristian (Kissimmee fl)

5 years prediction, who is really the best QB ? Freeman / Clausen / or Ryan? Put them in you're order

Pat Yasinskas (1:38 PM)

1. Ryan 2. Freeman. 3. Clausen.

Chris (VA)

Pat, who do you see being the best #2 running back in ATL this year?

Pat Yasinskas (1:48 PM)

Snelling.

Chris (VA)

Countless articles have talked endlessly about Harry Douglas being the key to Atlanta's pass offense. Is he really that good, and should we expect him to have a lot of rust for the first half of the season?

Pat Yasinskas (1:56 PM)

He really is that good. They had huge plans for him last year before he got hurt. Wanted to use him in slot and mabe eventually take over for Jenkins. Think those plans remain in place.

Akonz (WI)

What about Harry's ACL. It usually takes two seasons for a person with an ACL injury to fully recover, doesn't it?

Pat Yasinskas (1:59 PM)

If you're looking for a bright side on that, Harry went down right at the start of camp last year. So he's already got almost a full year in and all indications are he's ahead of schedule.

Edited by Toronto_Dirty_Bird

Sorry, but Steve Smith and Roddy White were in the Pro Bowl and deserved it. Colston is not better than Roddy White and at this point, I don't even think Smith is.

Steve Smith is the best and a tie to Colston and White... Only reason he was in the probowl was because the other WR's didn't want to play.

Steve Smith is the best and a tie to Colston and White... Only reason he was in the probowl was because the other WR's didn't want to play.

The only reason the others were there to begin with was due to it being a popularity contest and them playing for teams like the Cowboys.

The only reason the others were there to begin with was due to it being a popularity contest and them playing for teams like the Cowboys.

That I agree it's always going to be like that though. Should just put the whole Cowboys team on there.

Smith at this point, is going based on reputation, not so much production anymore, he was an insanely good WR for a few years there, but his star is burning out. Delhomme got 100% of the blame, but only deserved about 80% of it. Smith is going to have to re-focus and quit punching teammates if he ever plans on returning to another level again. I can tell you 1 thing for sure, there are more guys in the league who can cover Steve Smith than can cover Roddy White.

All three are great receivers, and will more then likely be in the HOF one day.

I'd say White is the best WR in the South right now. Smith said he didn't want to be the #1 WR anymore, that hardly puts him at the top.

The question someone asked about is Douglas really that good. LOL HeII yes he's that good! I'm glad Patty came to bat on that question

1. White

2. Smith

3. Colston (very tough between him and Smith at #2)

Smith WAS the best. He had an off year and COULD re-establish himself as the best in the South but I think his best years are over with. Not to mention he is going to have Moore or Clausen throwing to him unless he goes elsewhere.

I agree, Smith wont be as good as he used to be, with Moore/Clausen throwing the ball. I think Colston isn't as good as people say he is, White is def. the best outta those 3

I agree, Smith wont be as good as he used to be, with Moore/Clausen throwing the ball. I think Colston isn't as good as people say he is, White is def. the best outta those 3

Roddy White, drafted by Falcons in the 1st round in 2005

Receptions 315

Receiving Yards 4,689

Receiving TDs 27

Marques Colston, drafted by Saints in the 7th round in 2006

Receptions 285

Receiving Yards 4,074

Receiving TDs 33

I think I will stay with Colston.

Guest Gritz

Receptions 315

Receiving Yards 4,689

Receiving TDs 27

Receptions 285

Receiving Yards 4,074

Receiving TDs 33

You can have him.

I'll take Roddy White any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Guest Gritz

R.White may not be rated #1 going into this season, but afterwards everyone will know.

Last year he came in late, etc. This year he is on time and burning it up. Also, we didn't

throw down field much last year, that will change this year.

GO FALCONS !!

Big year coming up for #84.......

Thank god I wasn't the only one who stared at his answer to that question for 3 minutes. I could see White at 2 behind SS, but Colston?

Just plain terrible Pat. Clearly he needs assistance for his glue huffing addiction, because that just ain't right. As far as next year, White has the best numbers. Bank on it.

Receptions 315

Receiving Yards 4,689

Receiving TDs 27

Receptions 285

Receiving Yards 4,074

Receiving TDs 33

Tell ya what, go get Vick, Harringon, Letfwich,and Redman and have them all throw to Colston and see if you still take him.

Roddy White, drafted by Falcons in the 1st round in 2005Receptions 315 Receiving Yards 4,689 Receiving TDs 27 Marques Colston, drafted by Saints in the 7th round in 2006Receptions 285 Receiving Yards 4,074 Receiving TDs 33 I think I will stay with Colston.

LAST THREE SEASONS

Colston - 215 receptions, 3036 yards, 25 TDs, 0 Pro Bowls

RoWhite - 256 receptions, 3737 yards, 24 TDs, 2 Pro Bowls

2009 SEASON

Colston - 70 receptions, 1074 yards, 9 TDs, 0 Pro Bowls

RoWhite - 85 receptions, 1153 yards, 11 TDs, 1 Pro Bowl