Do you think the Obama administration is behaving in an unacceptable manner by forcing BP to pay up?

Xnex

I just cannot wrap my mind around the reasoning for these Congressmen to step up and defend BP and for one of them to even apologize to BP for the way the US government is treating them. Do other people here think BP is being treated unfairly as it relates to the oil spill?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/17/AR2010061703756.html?hpid=topnews

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people on the gulf coast are being treated unfairly and that's all I care about.

This is Obama's Katrina, and once again, he's just like Bush.

You mean a typical politician? At least Bush had the attitude that he didn't care what other people thought, he just did what HE thought was right. I sure do miss Clinton and Regan, they could at least make everyone feel comfortable with what they were saying without the thoughts of "how?" or "why?" popping into your head after every sentence.

Are you kidding me? The whole thing is a complete charade. Obama has done NOTHING. BP has done NOTHING.

And we're still not getting accurate information from either, just a dog and pony show by an 'outraged' Congress.

Worst case scenario is that they've hit a flow of oil that is unstoppable and there is nothing they can do but let it flow for decades. Best case is that they can stop the flow, but have chosen not to because doing so would render the well unusable.

Both scenarios make me furious.

Even talking about the paltry $20B 'compensation' is a charade and a complete joke.

kanye-west-ring1.jpg?w=500&h=365

Is that the word "entertainment" on the wall behind him? My my, that's ironic that he's blocking that out of the picture.

You mean a typical politician? At least Bush had the attitude that he didn't care what other people thought, he just did what HE thought was right. I sure do miss Clinton and Regan, they could at least make everyone feel comfortable with what they were saying without the thoughts of "how?" or "why?" popping into your head after every sentence.

I don't remember much about Reagan, other than the old jokes and SNL skits. I remember Clinton (I voted for him in 1996 because I was young and stupid) and he wasn't that great either.

Does anyone care about a president anymore? My grandmother says that in her time, when the president was on the radio or television the entire family sat around it and listened to every word. It was mandatory. Her father would have tanned her hide if she was late for a president's radio speech. Even if they didn't vote for the president that won the election.

Now all you see is bumper stickers that say "Bush lied" or "Obama is not MY president."

This is supposed to be America. Somehow, nobody really cares anymore.

We have willfully exchanged culture for commerce. The only beliefs that people act upon are beliefs about money. Citizens talk a big game, but in the end, they want theirs and they want it in material terms.

We are a mirror image of BP.

Does anyone care about a president anymore? My grandmother says that in her time, when the president was on the radio or television the entire family sat around it and listened to every word. It was mandatory. Her father would have tanned her hide if she was late for a president's radio speech. Even if they didn't vote for the president that won the election.

Now all you see is bumper stickers that say "Bush lied" or "Obama is not MY president."

fallofrome.jpg

We have willfully exchanged culture for commerce. The only beliefs that people act upon are beliefs about money. Citizens talk a big game, but in the end, they want theirs and they want it in material terms.

We are a mirror image of BP.

I read an article recently about how things like twitter, facebook, myspace and message boards have turned the people of the world into narcissists. We all believe that we are the center of the world and bigger than everyone else. We need to update our status repeatedly throughout the day to feed our egos.

That is why nobody really respects government, police, judges etc. We all feel as if we are above it all.

No, and there is still a lot of work to be done! Think about it, 20 BILLION, for starters..................

To everyone wanting the President to give you a "warm fuzzy," Bush 1 didn't even take his azz to Alaska! The Congressmen (and others) that defend BP need to be kicked the phuck out of DC! Talk about bought and paid for!!!angry.gifangry.gif

Only if you equate human life with sea turtles.

No it's not. But it looks nice on a bumper sticker.

Talk about dumbing down a situation.

I feel really bad for the people that fish and work (charters/restaurants/hotels/etc) on the gulf, not to mention tourism and the beaches that families won't be going to and "enjoying." A lot of people are saying that this was going to be the bounceback season for people effected by Katrina and then the recession. Now they are put back in a hole.

So, this is Obama's fault?

I feel really bad for the people that fish and work (charters/restaurants/hotels/etc) on the gulf, not to mention tourism and the beaches that families won't be going to and "enjoying." A lot of people are saying that this was going to be the bounceback season for people effected by Katrina and then the recession. Now they are put back in a hole.

Yes, it is Obama's Katrina and it could get worse. It's sure not getting better.

Oh look, he held a press conference! HOORAY!

It's Obama's Exxon Valdez. For God's sake it's not like you even have to go back THAT far to find suitable comparision.

If a bunch of kids come through my subdivision and throw eggs at all the homes and knock down mail boxes I can tell everyone that it was "Our 9-11" but it doesn't make it true.

This is a economic and enviornmental disaster.

Katrina was old ladies stranded on roofs and babies drowning.

THOUSANDS OF HUMAN BEINGS DIED.

Talk about dumbing down a situation.

Arent you a libertarian? Tell Obama to stay out of the way and let the free market fix all this mess.

It's Obama's Exxon Valdez. For God's sake it's not like you even have to go back THAT far to find suitable comparision.

If a bunch of kids come through my subdivision and throw eggs at all the homes and knock down mail boxes I can tell everyone that it was "Our 9-11" but it doesn't make it true.

This is a economic and enviornmental disaster.

Katrina was old ladies stranded on roofs and babies drowning.

THOUSANDS OF HUMAN BEINGS DIED.

Give it time. The environmental impact has not even begun to hit.

Only if you equate human life with sea turtles.

No it's not. But it looks nice on a bumper sticker.

Thank you. You beat me to it! I dont see how anyone can compare the two. But anyways to some people no matter what Obama does it wont be good enough. God Bless America!