Do Seattle cops not carry guns?

Because if I were him this would have looked like a scene from Reservoir Dogs.

##### if you push a cop trying to make an arrest because your loud friend wants to escalate a situation INTO an arrest... getting punched in your ******** face should be the least of your worries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_P5jOoDDbI

And " are you serious?" dude would have been the first one I popped.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The girls were definitly wrong. But if you can't restrain a 17 year old girl without punching her in the face, perhaps you should find another line of work.

well, he had two dumb### girls and probably another ten people around him. So it was probably reflex after getting shoved to just make it one less problem.

Cops usually don't arrest people for jay walking,so how it escalated to that I don't know.

But I do know that if you push a cop nothing good will usually come from it.

I dislike most cops, but I aint stupid enough to push one.

I couldn't be a cop because of this. You got two women acting crazy and assaulting the officer and an entire crowd around them that doesn't help. The only thing they cared about was trying to get it on youtube and making smart *** remarks about a well deserved punch to the face.

Well said. I would have pulled the gun on the entire crowd. The dudes directly behind him while he has both hands occupied with the crazy chick...that could have easily been a really ugly incident.

The girls were definitly wrong. But if you can't restrain a 17 year old girl without punching her in the face, perhaps you should find another line of work.

Did you watch the video? The guy was by himself dealing with multiple people acting crazy. I don't care how much of a man you think a cop should be, he's only got two arms and two hands. She's lucky the guy didn't start tazering all of them there.

Did you watch the video? The guy was by himself dealing with multiple people acting crazy. I don't care how much of a man you think a cop should be, he's only got two arms and two hands. She's lucky the guy didn't start tazering all of them there.

That would been hilarious :lol: That is what he should have done in the first place, tazered those crazy girls trying to resist arrest...

He should have called for backup. I don't agree with the punch, which made him look bad regardless.

He should have just overpowered her, cuffed her and threw her in the car.

He should have called for backup. I don't agree with the punch, which made him look bad regardless.

He should have just overpowered her, cuffed her and threw her in the car.

Pretty much. The punch was either out of fear or anger which are two things a good cop should never fall prey to. And I'm speaking as someone that comes from a family of law enforcement officials. Him throwing the punch could have actually exacerbated the situation. He's lucky things ended so well.

i am not excusing the punch...it would have only taken a moment to press the radio button on his shoulder and call backup

but you all act like subduing an adult one on one is easy and it is not. not by a long shot

add to that all the people clustered around that he had to worry about if his attention were diverted in bodily trying to subdue that woman

i am not excusing the punch...it would have only taken a moment to press the radio button on his shoulder and call backup

but you all act like subduing an adult one on one is easy and it is not. not by a long shot

add to that all the people clustered around that he had to worry about if his attention were diverted in bodily trying to subdue that woman

Yeah, that chick was HUGE. (sarcasm off)

As for whatever people clustered around him, him punching a girl could have made the situation worse. He's lucky he didn't make the situation worse himself. Now the NAACP is on him for it.

Yeah, that chick was HUGE. (sarcasm off)

As for whatever people clustered around him, him punching a girl could have made the situation worse. He's lucky he didn't make the situation worse himself. Now the NAACP is on him for it.

i believe i specifically said he should have called for backup, not punched her

he had one woman he was trying to subdue and her friend who was also being confrontational and obviously willing to get physical. then there were other people standing around in close proximity. you are going to tell me nobody ever jumps on somebody when they are locking up with someone else?

i believe i specifically said he should have called for backup, not punched her

he had one woman he was trying to subdue and her friend who was also being confrontational and obviously willing to get physical. then there were other people standing around in close proximity. you are going to tell me nobody ever jumps on somebody when they are locking up with someone else?

Not all all. Are you going to tell me, with certainty, that other chick was going to go full bore and take on a cop because her friend was getting arrested? She may have acted stupid on the video, but I don't think she was going to go full stupid and do that.

Not all all. Are you going to tell me, with certainty, that other chick was going to go full bore and take on a cop because her friend was getting arrested? She may have acted stupid on the video, but I don't think she was going to go full stupid and do that.

She pushed and grabbed a cop. She's lucky her family isn't burying her as we speak.

She deserved every bit of that punch. Maybe a few more just to make sure she learned her lesson.

do you know anything about the training they get to deal with those situations? it doesnt involve making a determination on if THIS is the time the people standing around are going to start going to town on the back of their head when their attention is diverted.

their training tells them to ALWAYS see that as a possibility and act accordingly which means calling for backup

There definitely seems to be difference in training. Where I live, the cops can barely write a speeding ticket without calling for backup and they are very quick to break out the taser. They almost look for an excuse to use it, which has a few of them in hot water presently in my area.

Edited by Gritzblitz 2.0