How are you filling this dead time?

jes2400

This has got to be the worst time in the world for us Falcons fans. It's just dead. What are you guys doing to avoid going crazy? I'm trying to get excited about the Braves, but it's still kinda early to get too excited about MLB. The world cup is OK, but I'm not a big soccer fan. My local minor league(A) Savannah Sand Gnats are a game behind 1st place Augusta for the 1st half season title and they play each other in the last 4 games of the season's 1st half, so that's a little exciting for me, and July 4th I'm going to the Georgia Aquarium for the 1st time. So I'm doing my best to fill the dead time. how are you guys keeping busy? Maybe they should bring back the USFL :lol: ! I actually liked that league. I'm a football nut , so that filled the time for me. Since Atlanta didn't have a team, I adopted the New Jersey Generals as my team. I was born there and they aquired Hershel Walker. did you guys watch that league? Did you have a favorite team?

Edited by jes2400

I'm focusing on my impending move to Boston and keeping very busy with all the details of it. Still, as I'm packing, any time I hit any piece of Falcons gear, I get desperate for September to arrive. And my first order of business when I found out I would be moving was to nail down plans to watch the NFL's kick-off Sunday at a bar with friends. (Can't afford NFL Ticket this year on my grad student budget. ohmy.gifohmy.gif )

watching the movie hangover over and over again..

I love that movie lol. Im watching the braves when i can. i dont give a crap about the world cup soccer tournament. That sport sucks so much. Im watching the nba finals also. When madden 2011 comes out thats where im going to spend my most time lol.

I'm focusing on my impending move to Boston and keeping very busy with all the details of it. Still, as I'm packing, any time I hit any piece of Falcons gear, I get desperate for September to arrive. And my first order of business when I found out I would be moving was to nail down plans to watch the NFL's kick-off Sunday at a bar with friends. (Can't afford NFL Ticket this year on my grad student budget. ohmy.gifohmy.gif )

Wow! You'll be busy! I know how moving can be. :) Wish you a safe trip when you leave, and don't let those Patriot fans drown you out! How much Falcon gear do you have? Enough to fill a couple of moving boxes :lol: ? Maybe you'll find a Loco's. That's where I go here in Savannah when a Falcon telecast is pre-empted for a Jaguar's game( :angry: I'm beginning to really hate the Jaguars!). Anyway, once again, best wishes on you're move.

Edited by jes2400

Work and watching baseball! :D I wear my jerseys from time to time cause I'm way bored not being able to watch any football :( well there is the Utah Blaze, but they suck so I don't go to their games that much haha but I agree Hangover is the best movie so funny! I think I'm going to watch it now :D

Wow! You'll be busy! I know how moving can be. Wish you a safe trip when you leave, and don't let those Patriot fans drown you out! How much Falcon gear do you have? Enough to fill a couple of moving boxes laugh.gif ? Maybe you'll find a Loco's. That's where I go here in Savannah when a Falcon telecast is pre-empted for a Jaguar's game( angry.gif I'm beginning to really hate the Jaguars!). Anyway, once again, best wishes on you're move.

Thanks so much, and don't worry, I'll never let the Pats fans drown me out or convert me (as they try to do to everyone if my college years there are any indication)!

I definitely have a Falcons Box coming together in the move ... jersey, T-shirts, cap, pennant, programs to the games I've been able to attend, poster, desk calendar, wall calendar, daily calendar, mousepad, jewelry, hair ties, beer holders, mini Matt Ryan action figure, my plush Freddie mascot ... and I don't even think that's it! laugh.gif

Luckily, there's a fun bar near BC that knows its allegiances. Every weekend, the two biggest screens in the bar are the Patriots and the Falcons (thanks to Matty Ice being something of a celebrity around BC parts). I have a feeling that I (and my friends and my grad school homework) will be spending copious amounts of time there this year!!

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

Thanks so much, and don't worry, I'll never let the Pats fans drown me out or convert me (as they try to do to everyone if my college years there are any indication)!

I definitely have a Falcons Box coming together in the move ... jersey, T-shirts, cap, pennant, programs to the games I've been able to attend, poster, desk calendar, wall calendar, daily calendar, mousepad, jewelry, hair ties, beer holders, mini Matt Ryan action figure, my plush Freddie mascot ... and I don't even think that's it! laugh.gif

Luckily, there's a fun bar near BC that knows its allegiances. Every weekend, the two biggest screens in the bar are the Patriots and the Falcons (thanks to Matty Ice being something of a celebrity around BC parts). I have a feeling that I (and my friends and my grad school homework) will be spending copious amounts of time there this year!!

Oh yeah, I forgot about Matt being from BC! You should be alright as far as Falcon games go. As far as your Falcons gear, I thought I had some stuff. You got me beat! You may need one of those PODS just for your Falcon gear :lol:!

Its all spent here... :lol:

Breaking Bad was nice to look forward to every Sunday, but thats over now.

I watched all 5 seasons of The Wire in the last couple months.

These last few months will be the worst, but I have lots of vacation time planned, and I just started season 1 of Sons of Anarchy. With that and Strasburg to watch here in chocolate city I think i might make it. ^_^

Edited by blackredfellow