CBS Rapid Reports

11:25 am DE John Abraham is present at OTAs and participated yesterday. Abraham had been absent the previous three weeks.

12:54 pm Coach Mike Smith said LT Sam Baker was not in attendance for today's OTA session. His absence wasn't because of an injury, Smith said.

12:56 pm Coach Mike Smith on DE John Abraham coming to the last week of OTAs: "It was good to have John back. But like I said from the beginning, we've known where John is. All of these workouts are optional."

12:57 pm Coach Mike Smith seemed more thrilled than upset that DE John Abraham finally came to OTAs, and said the coaching staff is hoping to get a lot more production out of Abraham this season. "We're excited to get him rolling like he did in 2008 (16.5 sacks)," Smith said.

1:00 pm Coach Mike Smith said the coaching staff will take time off when OTAs are over before gearing up for training camp in late July. "We have all of our i's dotted and t's crossed for training camp," Smith said. "We've got over 1,475 snaps that we will be running in training camp. They've all been scripted, so we're ready to go."

So Abraham finally showed up, eh? Better late than never!! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the over-30 club getting the rest for their bodies that they need, but you can tell from listening to our rookies (and, honestly, just from common sense) that having the vets on the field makes a huge difference in team cohesion and in an accelerated learning curve for the youngsters.

Edited by BCEaGleATLFaLcOn

So Abraham finally showed up, eh? Better late than never!! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the over-30 club getting the rest for their bodies that they need, but you can tell from listening to our rookies (and, honestly, just from common sense) that having the vets on the field makes a huge difference in team cohesion and in an accelerated learning curve for the youngsters.

Luckily we don't have any rookie DE's that missed time learning from Abraham though. Abe knows his job and I guarantee he was somewhere doing his off-season conditioning that he does every year.