beautiful article on Ryan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all - I wouldn't look under Payton - no telling what that Vicodin does to a man. Second - we will see, won't we?

Finally - get your head out of your *** - this whole world is not about the Saints and their year last year. Maybe it is in Saintsville - but I think you took a wrong turn. This is the Falcons board - and this thread was about our QB. If you don't like the subject back out of it.

Why you guys are so insecure that you think you have to turn every thread into some shrine for your team is beyond me.

It's getting a little boring that you guys think you have to come hijack every thread to talk about the fact that you won the superbowl. Show a little class and act like you can handle success without being an obnoxious boring boar.

In other words, as our loving coach said - TO H.ELL WITH THE SAINTS!

You mean Vitt, right? wink.gif

Your right, this thread is about your QB and I'm one of the few who gave a realistic view point of him. He's nowhere near elite! Only fools would think he's even close to that level.

and then.....

A Falcon fan got upset because of my realistic point of view on him. I even pointed out that he COULD be elite, but he isn't right now. I could have been "one of those guys" and said he was below average just to start something, but I didn't. What's wrong with that? I doubt I'll ever get a response on that.

and then.....someone had the nerve to say this:

most of those saying Matt Ryan is not elite are Saints fans, Trolls or both.

If he really believes that he needs to leave this board, most of the people saying Ryan IS elite are Falcon fans and BC fans, oh and Clayton. Actually, that comment doesn't really have anything to do with this I just found it incredibly stupid...biggrin.gif

but then......

YOU came back with something that is completely irrelevant about team history when just by doing a quick search everyone can tell the past records of the teams have nothing to do with NOW as the Saints have made the Falcons their own personal stepping stones, rarely less than twice a season, this usually takes place twice a season. Basically, yall can have the alltime record, I just want to keep beating the Falcons on a regular basis...

AND THEN.....

Falconsken made a comment that I agreed with about rivals not giving others credit when it's due....which is very true. But then I got to thinking, what do Saints fans have to give credit for? The Falcons haven't done anything significant other than losing in the first round of the playoffs in a long time. But that's not the point, I agreed with a comment then went forward and tried to get Falcon fans to give credit where it's due then I would have given credit to *SOMETHING* (is it really worth giving credit towards a losing performance? ok, how about not drafting a bust in the first round of the 08 draft? how's that?) and we all would have been happy. But no, now we are here because Falcon fans get butt hurt to easily, I suppose? I'm not sure that's the reason, I'm just wondering.

Last but not least, I WISH I could live in the world you guys try to live in when you talk about how Saints fans come out all over your board. Do yall ever leave the comfort of home? That little home on the corner of the street and venture out in the real world? I spend more time on other sites than I do on this one, and I WISH I could say there aren't opposing fans (or "trolls") on those sites too!

As for class, you have to show class to recieve it! Surely you read these boards that yall run here? Falcon fans should be the LAST people talking to Saints fans about class. The number of jokes and other sayings that show up on these boards relating to two of the greatest disasters in US history FAR outweights what us Saints fans say. Again, Falcon fans should be the last fanbase talking about class towards fans of the NEW ORLEANS SAINTS.

ps- can't we all just get along? happy.gif

Edited by nolafan33

LOL @ these saints fans being haters.

The guy didn't say Ryan is elite right now, he's an honorable mention, mostly he is talking about Ryan's potential and intangibles. Do yourself a favor go back and look at Brees' stats his first three years... he couldn't hold Ryan's Jock strap when compared and thats when they had a good offensive line with the leagues best RB.

So stop hating, ya'll won your superbowl... be thankful because it won't happen again. Have fun sitting at the bottom of the NFC south this year.

1 Sep 09 MIN @ NO Superdome -- NO Loss (Brown paper bag brought home with a bottle of whiskey to ease the pain)

2 Sep 20 NO @ SF Candlestick Park -- NO Loss (Peep holes cut out of brown paper bag)

3 Sep 26 ATL @ NO Superdome 1:00 PM -- NO Loss (Brown paper bag ENGAGED!)

Edited by thestufford

What happened Clayton?

Matt Ryan elite? laugh.giflaugh.gif

Drew Brees is elite, Peyton Manning is elite, Tom Brady is elite, Brett Favre is elite, Aaron Rodgers is elite, Tony Romo is elite. Ryan isn't on the level of any of those guys.

Ryan is in the average/slightly above average group of guys like Kyle Orton, Joe Flacco, Vince Young, David Garrard, and Jason Campbell. The thing seperating Ryan from most of those guys is the P word...and we all know how that goes.

Could Ryan be elite someday? Sure, of course. Is he now? No, not even close.

well considering ryan won 1 out of 3 games starting against the saints and beat aaron rodgers 100% of the time.

i would think would the falcons lose to joey harrington? no. but the saints mighty brees lost to the falcons with harrington behind the helm and dunn in the backfeild and nearly lost twice to him. redmann nearly mustard a win. matty is consistent against solid QB's. i doubt we will see the saints even beat the falcons once next year. brees has a great offense but the falcons will overtake them this year. it nearly happened with redmann and our 3rd string RB. the saints deserve credit but to claim matty is beneath brees by measures! you are just being a homer. when harrington and redmann put up a fight you gotta realize where you really stand.

Agreed - but depends how you define elite

Clayton's list is below. I have bolded the actual elite. But Ryan deserves to be in the company of QBs like Palmer, Manning E and Flacco, so if they are elite he is too.

Tom Brady, New England

Joe Flacco, Baltimore

Peyton Manning, Indianapolis

Carson Palmer, Cincinnati

Philip Rivers, San Diego

Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh

Matt Schaub, Houston

Drew Brees, New Orleans

Brett Favre, Minnesota

Donovan McNabb, Washington

Eli Manning, New York Giants

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay

Tony Romo, Dallas

Matt Ryan, Atlanta

That's almost half the league's starting quarterbacks. Ryan is a good quarterback, not an elite one. All Clayton showed in this article is that he doesn't know the definition of the word 'elite.'

Clayton lists 14 "elite" QBs...kinda defeats the meaning of elite if you list almost have the starting QBs in the league.

Everyone has a different opinion about the word "elite" and how it applies to pro sports players. The whole argument that Brees is more elite than Ryan is laughable, Ryan is what the Falcons need and Brees is what the Saints need right now. They'll both be replaced at some point in their career by someone who is perceived as being better. Not to mention it's pretty tough to compare a Flacco or Ryan to a Manning or Brees who have already gone through their early learning lumps. But hey it gives people something to talk about even though the whole debate is pointless.

Thanks for the laugh john Clayton, i sure did enjoy that article. :D :D

Matt ryan an "elite" qb! :D is that why it took snelling to have a career day for the falcons to beat my 3-13 bucs, because Matt ryan is an elite" qb? Jus some food for thought.

Still not even in my top 7 qb in the NFC, let alone the NFl. Perhaps next season falcon fans, it'll be okay. :P

btw go rays

In all fairness division games are a crap shoot. It doesn't matter how "good" or "bad" a team is, when there is a divisional game anything goes. Besides I don't think the bucs were all that terrible. If you look at their record only then yeah it's easy to come to that conclusion, but they are still an NFL team and when two teams from the same division play each other all **** can and usually does break loose.

YOU came back with something that is completely irrelevant about team history when just by doing a quick search everyone can tell the past records of the teams have nothing to do with NOW as the Saints have made the Falcons their own personal stepping stones, rarely less than twice a season, this usually takes place twice a season. Basically, yall can have the alltime record, I just want to keep beating the Falcons on a regular basis...*

Falconsken made a comment that I agreed with about rivals not giving others credit when it's due....which is very true. But then I got to thinking, what do Saints fans have to give credit for? **

* Explain to me how both of those things could possibly happen, cajun cooter.

** How about an all-time record of Falcons winning vs losing.

Pretty simple really, but I'm not surprised you needed help w/those things...