Falcon Fan Forum

A year or two ago, I "joined" a different Atlanta Falcons message board. I think it had been set up by a fan when this MB was on the fritz...I really don't remember. Anyhoo, I posted there a few times and checked in every now and again. I hadn't been there in a long time, in fact I totally forgot about it. Today, I received this email from the admin(edited for content):

Well guys, I'm sad to say this, but I'm done here with this MB, it will be shut down.. Can't get members to post, can't get in touch with people needed most, can't get **** done, etc. etc. I looked at this place after the crash and thought of something,..it's post crash and in trying to rebuild no one is posting sh-t. No,..seriously,..look at it. NOBODY IS DOING JACK SH-T. So yeah...This MB is done. I will and shall NOT be the only stupid b-stard coming in here and posting any and everything. OK,.to be fair,..90% of it anyways. I can get all the Falcons news and watch our games online that I post here with 5000% less hassle on my end. To be honest, I'm worn out, and don't see this getting any better for me. Yes, ME. I'm f-ing tired of it. I would also say, in parting, the lot of you that just sat back and let it get to this point, ya shoulda seen it coming. Less than 24 hrs.

To all the staff I say thank you, and hope to see or hear from you soon. To our members, (Who actually POSTED SOMETHING) I say thank you also. Without all of you we would have been nothing. And now we are. Nothing. And to all you creepers who never signed up, go f--k yourself. Oh and to those who signed up and would not post, please, go f--k yourself twice, with a sledgehammer.

Iowahorse

I don't even know this clown and he sends me an email telling me to go F myself.

Nice.

Edited by THE ForceFan27™

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ Iowahorse

Sure, he handled that wrong, but I can understand how he feels. (still trying to remember why he left AFMB in the first place). I'm a member of FFF and the only time I frequented that board was if and when AFMB had server problems. Other than that, its pretty boring over there.

LOL @ Iowahorse

Sure, he handled that wrong, but I can understand how he feels. (still trying to remember why he left AFMB in the first place). I'm a member of FFF and the only time I frequented that board was if and when AFMB had server problems. Other than that, its pretty boring over there.

I can't remember who it was by name but someone kept hounding him in all of his post to quit with his copy and paste method of posting news articles. He had an argument with this person inside each of his threads. I liked it over there but there just wasn't enough people posting to keep it interesting.

The fact you used the word "was" shows how random it was. There's no denying that people have been unfairly banned from this site for years.

There's no denying that Iowa got away with anything he wanted for years while a certain mod who is no longer here was here. So whatever he may have been banned for, if he was banned, was probably not unfairly done.

he probably just got his feelings hurt over a recipe and left. Who cares? He was always doing stuff like the email posted here.

He ran the site on his own time and not many posted there. I actually feel bad I didn't post there more often. I can understand why he's upset. I'm not excusing the language but I do understand his frustration.

Agree. Really enjoyed the recipe and movie threads. Iowa did a ton of work over there, and he helped me out when I had a crazy situation pop up. I don't know his history here and don't care. He's a good guy.

I tried to visit the site a couple of weeks ago only to find out that it was down. The board was not a very busy place, but many of the good posters here were really good posters over there. I tried to create a few threads, and help with posting for a while, but it just never got the kind of volume that was needed, I guess. It's a shame, because there was freedom over there to do some things you really cannot do over here. RIP, FFF.

I got that email too. Don't know what to say. Message boards are hard to keep up. They got to have the right niche with the right amount of content and activity. None of these 'spin-off' boards (e.g. og barbershop) appealed to me because I always just come back here. Can't spread myself too thin.

og barbershop>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I even read on here somewhere that we are a gang

*flashes gang sign*

Yeah we are.

*fires fully automatic weapon into the air*

No one run I got to get another clip.

Seriously though, our little joint is a perfect example of how a small board with a small amount of people can function successfully. It'll die for a couple hours at a time but people have jobs and **** and half of our board lives in Cali, and the other half live up north, and the rest in the south. Hard for people to all be on at the same time. When we are though, that **** is jumpin.