Very early 2011 Recruiting Class Prediction

SacFalcFan

It's a slow time now that expansion gate is done. Let's have some fun. Now I know it's pretty early and some teams have very few commits, but you can still give a good guess at this. We will probably have a few more of these throughout the year and then at the end just see how accurate we all were. Again it's just for fun.

So for your team you follow pick the number of commits your team signs. Provide a list of named recruits you think your team signs and provide a breakdown of positions as well you think you team signs. If you think you have 3 OTs, but you really can only think of 2 by name, just put in a 3rd OT TBD later. Now in the next update you may find that 3rd OT.

I will hold off my uga guesses until we get a few uga fans in here with their guesses. There isn't a wrong or right answer at this point in the process.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Georgia will finish third behind Alabama who will sign 35 and Auburn who will sign 42. The over signing practice makes a mockery of any NCAA shcolly limit.

The schools do it too...

The number of students they accept is based on their average admissions yield, not the number of spots in the class.

Edited by btrain5489

1. David Andrews - C

2. Sterling Bailey - DE

3. Devin Bowman - CB

4. Chris Conley - WR

5. Amarlo Herrera - ILB

6. Christian LeMay - QB

7. Nick Marshall - CB

8. Corey Moore - SS

9. Chris Sanders - FS

10. Justin Scott-Wesley - WR

11. Watts Dantzler - OT

12. Isaiah Crowell - RB

13. Rashad Greene - WR

14. Jay Rome - TE

15. Xzavier Ward - OT

16. Brandon Shell - OT

17. Zach DeBell - OT

18. Nathan Theus - LS

19. Ray Drew - DE/OLB

20. Justin Garrett - OLB

21. Malcolm Mitchell - CB

22. Damian Swann - CB

23. Chris Mayes - DT

24. Ramik Wilson - ILB

25. Toby Jackson - DE

26. Lonnie Gosha - DT

And one of these guys.... Jeoffery Pagan, Xzavier Dickson, Kent Turene, Gabriel Wright.

I'm kinda unsure about where we stand now with Mitchell, T. Jackson, Gosha, Pagan, and the other guys.. But that's my list! Optimistic for sure.

UGA:

1 Quarterback: Christain Lemay

1 Running back: Isiah Crowell

4 Wide Receivers: Justin Scott-Wesley, Christian Conley, Zack Wichett, Rashard Greene

1 Tight End: Jay Rome

4 Offensive Tackles: Zach Debell, Watts Dantzler, Xavier Ward, Brandon Shell

1 Center- David Andrews

4 Defensive line- Gabe Wright, Sterling Bailey, Ray Drew, Chris Mayes, Xavier Dickson

4 Linebackers- Amaro Herrera, Stephone Anthony, Ramik Wilson, Justin Garrett

4 Conerbacks- Damian Swann, Devin Bowman, Malcolm Mitchell, Nick Marshal

2 Safety- Chris Sanders, Corey Moore

1 ls- Nathan Theus

27 Commitments

Anthony has already committed somewhere. Trust me on that one.

Jgator, I def. believe you. But it kinda seems irrelevant. Kids clearly could give two craps about whether they've "committed" somewhere when making their decisions about where to ultimately go. This is double true on a "silent commitment", whatever the heck that is.

None of it matters until they sign very true and in which case all the stuff we talk about in here in terms of recruiting is truly useless and irrelevant. In this particular case i will say though that Anthony is recruiting for the school he has silently committed to.

This is a prediction thread not a who's committed where(public or silent)thread. Everything in this thread is irrelevant but its conversation amongst college football lovers on a professional football teams message board. Let's keep to Sac's request please...

This is a prediction thread not a who's committed where(public or silent)thread. Everything in this thread is irrelevant but its conversation amongst college football lovers on a professional football teams message board. Let's keep to Sac's request please...

Yes and my comments were made in reference to a prediction and as you stated its conversation amongst football fans. Its the way every thread thats ever been made in this forum since the day it was created has gone.

yeah i was more talking about going into other details like oversigning.. i didn't want to start that in this thread.. LOL you going to make your prediction? :)

We'll get Gabe and Xzavier. But Stephone Anthony will be a fight. I think we will ultimately come out on top.

as jgator said they are in the driver's seat for stephone which most knew, but he is visiting uga on his own so he is interested in checking out uga and when you get a guy on campus a lot can change. i know of a lot of stories of guys going elsewhere who visited campus and that was it for them.. you just never know.

Jgator, I def. believe you. But it kinda seems irrelevant. Kids clearly could give two craps about whether they've "committed" somewhere when making their decisions about where to ultimately go. This is double true on a "silent commitment", whatever the heck that is.

you are correct there. imo silents are changed a lot more than publics and i have been told many times about recruits we are after to not bother even thinking about it because they are in florida or south carolina or their dad played at a school who is #1 on their list. if a kid is willing to pay his way to visit your campus and give you a chance you just never know what can happen, it's recruiting and teenagers, they change often.. lol

Have you ever seen me do a class prediction? I'll leave that to you guys. All I will say is that by the end of July I think UF will be sitting very,very pretty.

Give or take another flameout/semi-retirement from Meyer which is spastic, indecisive, and extremely hurtful to and dismissive of his family. Think if that happens again, recruits will simply have had enough. Not that I necessarily think it will, but I am completely convinced that Meyer is at least a little unbalanced, and it wouldn't shock me, nor many others.

My prediction. I'll start with guys I'm most confident about, and end with guys who seem like question marks.(all the current commits are assumed to stay commits)

1. Watts Dantzler

2. Damian Swann

3. Malcolm Mitchell

4. Ray Drew

5. Chris Mayes

6. Isaiah Crowell

7. Ramik Wilson

8. B. Shell

9. Z. Debell

10. N. Theus

11. Jay Rome

12. Terry Bell

13. Xavier Dickson

14. Gabe Wright

15. A wildcard, either B. Fulse, Pagan, Deion Blue, or (hope he gets offer) Silverberry Moloun.

I honestly couldn't think of anyone else, unless new offers go out.

Edited by Mr Pickle1

I'll do FSUs

1.Eric Beverly

2.Cortez Davis

3.Lamarcus Brutus

4.Tyler Hunter

5.Nile Lawrence-Stample

6.Sterling Lovelady

7.Derrick Mitchell

8.Trey Pettis

9.Keelin Smith

10.Terrance Smith

11.Karlos Williams

12.Tony Steward

13.Nick O'Leary

14.Bobby Hart

15.Giorgio Newberry

16.Rashad Greene

17.Ricardo Williams

18.Chavis Akins

19.Mike Matulis

20.Stephern Rivers

doing this in a hurry so I probably missed some.

Yes and my comments were made in reference to a prediction and as you stated its conversation amongst football fans. Its the way every thread thats ever been made in this forum since the day it was created has gone.

A comment saying he's already committed somewhere so your prediction is wrong already in mid-June...But I guess I see where you're coming from ;)

yeah i was more talking about going into other details like oversigning.. i didn't want to start that in this thread.. LOL you going to make your prediction? :)

Way too early my dude but get another one of these going during the season I will oblige you.