This Kawakami guy is good!

Goodoleboy58

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like him, but there are other teams with worse 5th starters. The thing around here is that people are just tired of defending him and making excuses as to why he's winless. Once the fans think he's about to go on a good streak, he breaks down. He looks like he's turning it around and then has some bad outings. Seems like it's too predictable though.

Edited by Chili Dog

I don't like him, but there are other teams with worse 5th starters. The thing around here is that people are just tired of defending him and making excuses as to why he's winless. Once the fans think he's about to go on a good streak, he breaks down. He looks like he's turning it around and then has some bad outings. Seems like it's too predictable though.

Win/loss record for pitchers are irrelevant, so there's no need to defend him for his win-loss record.

Kawakami is, however, pretty much what he looks like... a very mediocre major league starter. Yes, he's better than most team's 5th starters, but if you actually look at other team's 5th starters, you realize that's not saying much. I don't really expect much from him, and I suspect he'll go to the bullpen when JJ comes back. He did OK with us in long relief last season, so hopefully he can contribute that way.

defend kawakami if you guys want, but i think that no one will aruge with the fact that medlen deserves to be in the rotation over him.

I don't think anyone will argue that. I just can't stand when people make dumb threads like these acting like they've accomplished something. Talk **** when he does bad but keep your mouth quiet when he does good? That's bush league.

defend kawakami if you guys want, but i think that no one will aruge with the fact that medlen deserves to be in the rotation over him.

I agree with this.

I feel a little less confident when KK takes the mound than when Lowe does...and that's saying something. To be fair though he hasn't been as awful as the record indicates. He's had some solid starts and just had a bit of bad luck.

I would like to see Medlen as the 5th starter though and see him moved to the bullpen. I REALLY would like to see JJ come back soon!

So where were you when Kawakami shut out the D-Backs? Or had 3 straight quality starts and lowered his ERA from 5.79 to 4.48? Sure, he needs to go to the Pen, but please don't come here after one bad outing and beat your chest.

He's had more than 1 bad outing my man.

He's had more than 1 bad outing my man.

I know he has. My point is that he had pitched pretty well his last few starts, going at least 6 innings in all of his previous 5 starts with 4 quality starts in those 5 games. He just waited till he actually got rocked until he made a thread like this.

i know that KK hasnt lived up to expectations, and doesnt deserve a spot in the rotation anymore, but you do have to have some sympathy for the guy..

he always seems energetic and happy in the dugout when he isn't pitching.

Agreed, but how long until he looks in the mirror and asks, what am I doing wrong to not have a win this late into the season. I know the arguement can be made for him not getting any run support and a large portion of his starts are justified behind that reasoning. However, even if he were to get 3-4 runs of support, it almost never seems like enough. I mean the Braves did well to come back in the bottom of the first against the Rays after they threw up a 4 spot in the top of the first. We battled back, but there is only so much hope you can have when every time you go up to bat, your deficit increases.