Jarvis Jones to UGA.

SacFalcFan

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Awesome.. not only for the huge pick-up, but also for breaking through the Carver-Columbus wall. It'll help at least some with Crowell.

100% agree.. this is huge imo for carver and uga.

USC transfer Jarvis Jones chooses Georgia Bulldogs

5:40 pm June 15, 2010, by Chip Towers

Former Carver-Columbus star linebacker Jarvis Jones has decided to transfer to the University of Georgia from Southern Cal.

That was the word from Carver-Columbus coach Dell McGee, who first delivered the news in a text message that read: “Jarvis is a GA Bulldog.”

“That’s what he told me he was going to do,” McGee said in a phone call moments later. “It’s not official yet but that’s what is going to happen.”

McGee went on to say Jones has not yet signed a financial aid agreement but intends to do so as soon as possible. He said Jones was medically cleared by UGA doctors.

Jones has not returned phone and text messages. But McGee said he got the word from Jones himself.

“I actually got a few texts from him and other people about it,” said McGee, who had just gotten off the phone with Jones. “I told him I was happy for him and I would support him no matter wherever he decides to go. Then I said ‘Go Dawgs!’”

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/chriswhite/?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&insiteUserId=e5628959-db95-41c1-a7ff-0bea742596a7&plckPostId=Blog:e5628959-db95-41c1-a7ff-0bea742596a7Post:d504cc70-11ec-4ed3-96ef-7e3103d5abe2&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

Former Carver, USC linebacker Jarvis Jones chooses Georgia as next destination

Posted by chwhite at 6/15/2010 5:37 PM EDT on Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

Former Carver and Southern California linebacker Jarvis Jones has chosen to play at Georgia and is expected to officially sign in the next 24 hours, according to Carver coach Dell McGee.

Jones visited Georgia on Monday and Tuesday and has been cleared to play by Georgia's doctors, McGee said.

Georgia was among the finalists when Jones chose to play for USC after his senior season at Carver.

Jones, who was recently granted release from his scholarship at USC, whittled down a list of prospective schools to Georgia and Florida State last week. He had a strong start to his freshman season at USC, but he suffered a neck injury that caused him to miss the final five games of the season and all of spring practice.

Jones will petition to play in the 2010 season, according to McGee.

For more updates, check back here, pick up Wednesday's edition of the Ledger-Enquirer. And, of course, don't forget to follow me on Twitter attwitter.com/le_chriswhite.

Great quote imo:

McGee credited Georgia players Aaron Murray and Orson Charles for helping persuade Jones to join them in Athens. He played with those guys in the U.S. Army All-American Game and they`ve been friends ever since, McGee said. I know they took him out and showed him around and that's a big reason he wanted to go there.

Ok, I know this has been addresssed, but I'm a little confused. Per the AJC (chip towers):

McGee said Jones was medically cleared by UGA doctors on Tuesday. However, Jones will still have to sit out a year per NCAA transfer rules, according to other persons with knowledge of the situation. He will have three years of eligibility remaining

I thought he was going to be eligible immediately? Is that not the case anymore? Or is that misprint?

Ok, I know this has been addresssed, but I'm a little confused. Per the AJC (chip towers):

I thought he was going to be eligible immediately? Is that not the case anymore? Or is that misprint?

His medical petition has to be granted by the NCAA for him to not have to sit out.

it's the ajc..coach mcgee and others feel confident jarvis will be playing this year, but if somehow the waiver is denied it's fine we will have him on the team and ready for next season..

it's the ajc..coach mcgee and others feel confident jarvis will be playing this year, but if somehow the waiver is denied it's fine we will have him on the team and ready for next season..

Gotcha. I was just thrown there for a minute, as I thought it was pretty much done. Whether we get him this year or not, this is a huge pickup.