It's a good thing I'm not GM !

jes2400

While sitting here looking at the roster, I thought of some of the things I wanted the Falcons to do and how thankfull I am that they didn't! Now some of the decisions they made I agreed with, but some, which were good ones, I didn't at first. For example, if I were GM, we would've got Dorsey instead of Ryan, drafted Brohm or another QB in the later rounds, probably wouldn't have thought of trying to trade for Gonzales and instead drafted B.Pettigrew, and probably tried to talk Mr. Blank into giving Vick another chance. ;) I'll bet you guys are glad I'm not GM! What would the team look like if you were GM?

While sitting here looking at the roster, I thought of some of the things I wanted the Falcons to do and how thankfull I am that they didn't! Now some of the decisions they made I agreed with, but some, which were good ones, I didn't at first. For example, if I were GM, we would've got Dorsey instead of Ryan, drafted Brohm or another QB in the later rounds, probably wouldn't have thought of trying to trade for Gonzales and instead drafted B.Pettigrew, and probably tried to talk Mr. Blank into giving Vick another chance. ;) I'll bet you guys are glad I'm not GM! What would the team look like if you were GM?

:wacko: :lol:

Glad I'm not GM either. But then again there is no telling b/c it's not right to go back now and decide who I would've taken. I can say this though, we would have never even drafted Vick if I was the GM. BUT we wouldn't have drafted Ryan either.... And we wouldn't have drafted JA98...

who would you have taken with the first pick if not vick

Yes, I concur. I am glad alot of us aren't GM's. But at least you can admit your mistakes. :lol: But we would have Patrick Willis instead of Ja98 if I was GM.

Hey, I would've gotten it eventually! I mean, our team would probably be run into the ground, set records for futility, and I'd probably make Ken Herock look like a genious, but I would've figured it out! :lol:

I definitely would not have hired Jim Mora. I thought that Lovie Smith was the choice.

I forgot to mention coaches. That may have been another error of mine. I wanted us to hire Mike Singletary, and I had never herd of this Mike Smith character. This hire taught me not to be so caught up in big names. I'm reminding myself of this because I wasn't too enthusiastic about the Hawks hire of Larry Drew, but the more I read and hear about him, the more I think, maybe he'll be the Hawks "Mike Smith".

I forgot to mention coaches. That may have been another error of mine. I wanted us to hire Mike Singletary, and I had never herd of this Mike Smith character. This hire taught me not to be so caught up in big names. I'm reminding myself of this because I wasn't too enthusiastic about the Hawks hire of Larry Drew, but the more I read and hear about him, the more I think, maybe he'll be the Hawks "Mike Smith".

I was screaming for Singletary as well. at the time i figured what he would bring to the locker room was just what we needed. Of course, it turned out Smitty was born to be here.

I definitely would not have hired Jim Mora. I thought that Lovie Smith was the choice.

A lot of fans tend to forget that Smith was also being courted by the Bears, and Smith let it be known that he would much prefer to go to Chicago instead of Atlanta. I truly believe the Falcons brain trust hired Mora only because they knew Smith was headed to the Bears in any case; Mora was the "bird in the hand," so to speak.

I don't know how I would have drafted, if I had what they had available as resources. The interview process would be my biggest factor.

I was actually for drafting Matt Ryan, until the rumor came out that he didn't want to play for the Falcons. Turns out it was some radio guy putting words in his mouth. We all act like we know how we'd shape the team, but few of us have the same resources to make those determinations

That said, my last few drafts would have gone:

08' Dorsey or Ryan

09' Clay Matthews

10' Spoon

Edited by paulitik