OLB J.T. Thomas WVU

hawkeye

I would love to get Thomas to help us keep a strong young LB corp. Peterson and Wire are on their way out and it

would be good to have Spoon, Lofton, and Nicholas starting with Adkins and Thomas as backups. Thomas has speed

and can cover and blitz good. He also has a lil swagger. With Thomas and Adkins backing up the starting 3, man

that's lethal.

MORGANTOWN — West Virginia linebacker J.T. Thomas is resilient, having started 13 games in each of the last two seasons.

And the redshirt senior from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., is starting to become a force with which to be reckoned.

Last year, Thomas had 76 tackles (two behind team leader Pat Lazear, who had 78), two interceptions (tied for third) and seven tackles for a loss of yardage (second).

“He started doing that last year as a junior, getting himself into position where he can be a guy who can start taking over the defense — he and Chris Neild,” defensive coordinator Jeff Casteel said. “I think it’s something he looks forward to, and I think that’s something he’s going to work hard to be very good at.”