Atljbo's super early 2011 Mock Draft 2.0

atljbo

I'm basing my Mock off 2 things

1.That Kroy Biermann and Sidbury will step up.

2. We are picking between 25th-32nd

1st round: 6'5 310lbs RT/LT Clint Boling

Clint Boling will give us that Michael Oher effect.... We can play him at RT but if Baker goes down Clint could play LT... We would have Garrett Reynolds as a swing RT/G..... TD and Coach Smith loves versatility in his O-Line... Boling can play LT,RT, and RG... The guy rent against 2 of the best pass rushers in college football and gave up sacks to either. (Derrick Morgan and Von Miller)...TD talked about how expensive O-Lineman are... The sweet thing about drafting a OT in the end of the 1st round is that the guy will come cheap and you will have him on contract for 5 years (thats like stealing a year) ...Matt Ryan will have 2 bookend Tackles for years to come....

2nd round: 6'3 214lbs WR Greg Little

A big play WR.... Greg Little has an Anquin Boldin to his game but i think he is more elusive then Boldin... Little has strong hands, gets yac, break tackles, very quick (TD loves that), and blocks well..... Greg Little will make a good #2 WR.

3rd round: 6'4 240lbs TE Lance Kendricks

Lance Kendricks is kind of undersized but dude has everything Coach Smith says he want in a TE... He is a good receiving TE, blocks well for a guy his size, and can lineup in the FB and block.... He also runs good routes for a TE and have great speed.

4th round: 6'4 260lbs DE Christian Anthony

Another really good FCS passrusher.... Christian Anthony has all the tools to develop into an good DE in the NFL.... We will have Abe for another year so CA can sit back and learn for a year while taking minmum snaps (Like Kroy and Sid did there first years) .

5th round: 5'11 200lbs RB Da'Rel Scott

Dude is a burner.... The end

6th round: 6'2 230lbs LB Jonas Mouton

A fast LB... Special team

7th (Chris Houston) : 6'3 235lbs P Derek Epperson

A big punter with a HUGE leg

7th round: 6'4 320lbs G Bryant Browning

Would be a good backup guard

Bulldog guard arrested on DUI charge

May 21, 2008 by The Red and Black Archives

Filed under Sports

Georgia right guard Clint Boling was arrested on a charge of DUI last week while in his hometown of Alpharetta, a newspaper reported Wednesday.

Appen Newspapers reported that Boling, 19, was arrested on May 14 on Ga. 120 just before 1:30 a.m. He allegedly nearly left the roadway and changed lanes twice without signaling in a 2002 GMC Yukon. He denied drinking and refused to take any Breathalyzer tests. He was taken to Fulton County Jail North Annex, the newspaper reported.

Georgia head coach Mark Richt is aware of the incident, but he is in Iraq and will not address the matter until he returns, according to the university’s sports information department.

Boling appeared in 12 games this year, making 10 starts. Under the policy set forth by the Georgia Athletic Department, a student-athlete found in violation of the University’s alcohol policy is automatically suspended for 10 percent of the team’s games.

http://www.redandblack.com/2008/05/21/bulldog-guard-arrested-on-dui-charge/

1. This class looks like it is loaded with quality OTs. For that reason, and the fact that we are drafting a guy to play RT, I think we could wait until the 2nd round or 3rd round.

2. I think Little has a more big-play ability than Boldin. They both are very physical, but Little might be a bit faster. I would really compare Little to a slightly more physical version of Roddy White (good all-around WR not just a possession guy). Just like Roddy, I think this guy has the ability of a #1 WR at the next level. Together, they would be a lethal combo.

3. I think you know about how I feel at TE. It's Palmer all the way. lol

4. This guy has stuck out to me in the little time I have looked at the 2011 draft. We will see what happens as the season goes on.

5. Scott has had some issues in the past. I like him as a RB, but I'm not sure TD would look at him.

1. This class looks like it is loaded with quality OTs. For that reason, and the fact that we are drafting a guy to play RT, I think we could wait until the 2nd round or 3rd round.

I thought about that also but you have to look at it this way....

1.Teams very rarely put there impact DE on just 1 side.. They lineup there DE's on the best matchup...

2. Most likely we will let Clabo walk so we will need a RT that can step in day 1 and start.

3. TD loves versatility.... Boling can play RT,LT, and RG

I thought about that also but you have to look at it this way....

1.Teams very rarely put there impact DE on just 1 side.. They lineup there DE's on the best matchup...

2. Most likely we will let Clabo walk so we will need a RT that can step in day 1 and start.

3. TD loves versatility.... Boling can play RT,LT, and RG

Yea that is true, but I am just mainly looking at how deep the position looks next year and thinking we can still get a quality guy a little later.

Gabe Carimi

Joseph Barksdale

Clint Boling

Anthony Castonzo

Jason Pinkston

Those are 5 seniors just off the top of my head (quality OTs)and we all know that there will be a some underclassmen/risers that will get in the mix by seasons end.

If we don't get an OT 1st rd I like Boling, Sherrod, and Culbreath. The only OT we will have a shot at 1st rd is

Reynolds. I really like Reynolds. But the 3 I mentioned above I would easily take them 2-3 rd. Sherrod and Culbreath are really nasty.

Yea that is true, but I am just mainly looking at how deep the position looks next year and thinking we can still get a quality guy a little later.

Gabe Carimi

Joseph Barksdale

Clint Boling

Anthony Castonzo

Jason Pinkston

Those are 5 seniors just off the top of my head (quality OTs)and we all know that there will be a some underclassmen/risers that will get in the mix by seasons end.

I get what you are saying.... I just think OT and TE is the best value pick as a late 1st rounder....

At TE you can get the best TE prospect in the draft... At OT you are getting a good player at an expensive position for 5 years at a low price....

If we don't get an OT 1st rd I like Boling, Sherrod, and Culbreath. The only OT we will have a shot at 1st rd is

Reynolds. I really like Reynolds. But the 3 I mentioned above I would easily take them 2-3 rd. Sherrod and Culbreath are really nasty.

Reynolds probably won't end up as a first rounder. He is a natural RT who struggles some with speed off the edge.

I get what you are saying.... I just think OT and TE is the best value pick as a late 1st rounder....

At TE you can get the best TE prospect in the draft... At OT you are getting a good player at an expensive position for 5 years at a low price....

Oh I agree with you on that man. I just don't think a OT or TE are needs that require first round consideration from our team.....especially TE.

I might be in the minority here, but I really liked our Offense much better in 2008 without Gonzo. I think a HUGE reason is that we had very good blocking TEs whose main jobs were to stay in and help in pass protection. I truly think those guys help mask a lot of our Offensive line's deficiencies that year.

Looking ahead into the future, I definitely could see us reverting back to that type of offense once Gonzo retires.

I want you to know that I am not totally against a OT at all. I just think that a WR or CB would mean a little more to our team (especially if we could still grab a RT later in the draft). All 3 of the positions look pretty deep right now, but we will see what happens.

Oh I agree with you on that man. I just don't think a OT or TE are needs that require first round consideration from our team.....especially TE.

I might be in the minority here, but I really liked our Offense much better in 2008 without Gonzo. I think a HUGE reason is that we had very good blocking TEs whose main jobs were to stay in and help in pass protection. I truly think those guys help mask a lot of our Offensive line's deficiencies that year.

Looking ahead into the future, I definitely could see us reverting back to that type of offense once Gonzo retires.

I want you to know that I am not totally against a OT at all. I just think that a WR or CB would mean a little more to our team (especially if we could still grab a RT later in the draft). All 3 of the positions look pretty deep right now, but we will see what happens.

No way..... Did Ryan target in on Tony G allot last year... yes but we are a way better team with Gonzo... We will get another impact TE before Gonzo retire... We have shown allot of interest in the last 2 top TE's from the last 2 drafts... Its just Defensive needs has been more important... I can guarantee that we are not going to just a blocking TE when Gonzo retire...

I remember TD saying after the 2008 season when they reviewed the tapes... Not having a TE hurt us allot... Thats the reason we got Gonzo... We are not going back.... They want a complete TE.

I agree that WR can be the pick with the 1st round pick.... I just dont see the CB need tho... Not with the 1st pick... Guys like Patrick Peterson, Aaron Williams, and Prince Amukamara are top 20 type CB's... All 3 of those guys got the height ,weight ,speed thing going on with talent.... They are top 20.

Also... You just payed Dunta Robinson a boatload of money, Chris Owens has proved he can be a #2, Grimes got the ability to be a #2 or NB like Owens, you just drafted a talented Dominique Franks, and you got a Chevis Jackson who i have heard looks better playing on the island this offseason.

Last year i felt like we had #2'and #3 CB's .. We just didnt have a #1... Now we do (Dunta Robinson).... I just dont see the need for another young CB in the 1st round....

We already have a boatload of young CB's that grew up last year....They need to play.

W

No way..... Did Ryan target in on Tony G allot last year... yes but we are a way better team with Gonzo... We will get another impact TE before Gonzo retire... We have shown allot of interest in the last 2 top TE's from the last 2 drafts... Its just Defensive needs has been more important... I can guarantee that we are not going to just a blocking TE when Gonzo retire...

I remember TD saying after the 2008 season when they reviewed the tapes... Not having a TE hurt us allot... Thats the reason we got Gonzo... We are not going back.... They want a complete TE.

I agree that WR can be the pick with the 1st round pick.... I just dont see the CB need tho... Not with the 1st pick... Guys like Patrick Peterson, Aaron Williams, and Prince Amukamara are top 20 type CB's... All 3 of those guys got the height ,weight ,speed thing going on with talent.... They are top 20.

Also... You just payed Dunta Robinson a boatload of money, Chris Owens has proved he can be a #2, Grimes got the ability to be a #2 or NB like Owens, you just drafted a talented Dominique Franks, and you got a Chevis Jackson who i have heard looks better playing on the island this offseason.

Last year i felt like we had #2'and #3 CB's .. We just didnt have a #1... Now we do (Dunta Robinson).... I just dont see the need for another young CB in the 1st round....

We already have a boatload of young CB's that grew up last year....They need to play.

W

I'm not saying the next TE we get is going to be totally inept as a receiver. I just think that he will be much more balanced. Tony is probably the best to ever play the position, but honestly, he is not much of a blocker.

I'm really not looking at what TD said after that 2008 season. I am looking at the results of the 2009 season where we got one of the best TEs in the league and our passing game ended up being fairly bad. It just looked to me that we were trying to force TG into an offense that is just not geared to have a TE as one of the main targets.

Onto the CB thing. We play the Saints twice a year. There is also a large number of teams who rely heavily on the passing game to win games. Having two top flight CBs would just help counter those passing attacks.

Is it a luxury pick? absolutely.... But look at what the Jets just did. The have the best CB in the league, but they traded for a Pro-Bowl guy AND drafted a CB in the 1st round. That is how valuable the position is to a defense.

Now I am not saying lets "reach" for a guy who is unworthy. I am just saying, if the right player falls in our laps, I wouldn't hesitate to add him to what is already shaping up to be an extremely talented secondary.

When I look at Grimes/Owens/Chevis/Franks.... honestly nobody really strikes me as the clear cut starter. I like Owens' game, but the staff wanted him to be the NB. Franks has potential, but right now, that is all it is.

I'm not saying the next TE we get is going to be totally inept as a receiver. I just think that he will be much more balanced. Tony is probably the best to ever play the position, but honestly, he is not much of a blocker.

I'm really not looking at what TD said after that 2008 season. I am looking at the results of the 2009 season where we got one of the best TEs in the league and our passing game ended up being fairly bad. It just looked to me that we were trying to force TG into an offense that is just not geared to have a TE as one of the main targets.

Onto the CB thing. We play the Saints twice a year. There is also a large number of teams who rely heavily on the passing game to win games. Having two top flight CBs would just help counter those passing attacks.

Is it a luxury pick? absolutely.... But look at what the Jets just did. The have the best CB in the league, but they traded for a Pro-Bowl guy AND drafted a CB in the 1st round. That is how valuable the position is to a defense.

Now I am not saying lets "reach" for a guy who is unworthy. I am just saying, if the right player falls in our laps, I wouldn't hesitate to add him to what is already shaping up to be an extremely talented secondary.

When I look at Grimes/Owens/Chevis/Franks.... honestly nobody really strikes me as the clear cut starter. I like Owens' game, but the staff wanted him to be the NB. Franks has potential, but right now, that is all it is.

A couple of things..

1.I agree that Matt Ryan focused on Tony G allot last year but i guarantee that we would not have went 9-7 without Tony Gonzalez... A complete TE is like having an extra WR.. Look at how Harry Douglas went down... Think about us with no complete TE last year. Tony Gonzalez is not a trained killer as a blocker but he is a good blocking TE.

2 I feel like its not fair to compare 2008 kinda weak schedule with 2009 strong schedule and the injuries...

3. Ive said it and ill say it again.... TD has payed attention 2 the last 2 best TE's in the last 2 drafts.... I was told that TD really had his eye on Jermaine Gresham.. Its just a Defense playmaker was a bigger need.... I was also told if our Defensive guys was off the board (Graham, Morgan, and Spoon)... We would have taken Gresham... TD fab 5 prospects were Graham, Morgan, Spoon, Pouncey, and Gresham (Morgan #1) .. I have no doubt in my mind that we will have a complete TE after Gonzo.

4.I really wouldnt use the Jets as an example because there scheme is totally different... Thier scheme is a blitz base scheme... They dont have a great pass rusher so they blitz... If you are going to blitz all day... You will need cover guys

5. I dont think we drafted Kroy Biermann thinking.. Dude is going to be a starting DE for us... He just proved he deserved that chance.... TD said he drafted Chris Owens to be the NB but he surprised them by becoming a #2... Thats a good thing... You said franks is just potential right now.... Thats what this rookie CB next year is going to be... You brought up the Jets... They drafted Wilson to be there NB.

We can finally be in the position where we could just draft the best player on the draft board because we have no needs next year... If a big time CB slipped into the our hands in the 1st round... I have no problem taking him.... I just dont see it as a top 3 positions of need

But yea... I see us keeping an balance TE in our scheme for Matt Ryan.... Especially would us not leaning as much on Turner and leaning more on Matt Ryan... I look at the best QB's and their top notch offenses... Rivers have Gates.... Manning have Clark... Brees have Shockey... Rogers have Finley....Favre have Shiancoe ... McNabb had Celek ... I can go on and on... TD knows how important an good TE is to our team.

This is something Coached Smith recently said

"The tight end is without a doubt one of our most complex positions simply because of what we do," Smith said recently. "We ask them to be very multiple. Not only do they play the fullback position but they also play the tight end position."

"These guys have a great opportunity to work with a player of the stature of Tony Gonzalez that's definitely going to be a Hall of Famer," said Smith. "They can learn a lot, not only about his work ethic, but also how to catch the football and run routes. What they're seeing, they can go and talk with him and Tony is going to be a guy that is going to be a very good mentor for all these guys."

Basically we want a complete TE... Besides in the 1st or 2nd round... This pass draft either had a good pass catching TE or a good blocking TE in rounds 3-7.... Thats why i think we passed on TE's in this draft.. Besides Jermaine Gresham and Rob Gronkowski (and Anthony McCoy.. I heard we liked him until we find out about his weed problem) ... There was not a complete TE... TD and Coach Smith want complete TE to take over for Gonzo when he retire.

I personally would want a TE, WR,or OT with the 1st pick next year...Either a guy to protect Matt Ryan or a weapon for Matt Ryan.

I personally would want a TE, WR,or OT with the 1st pick next year...Either a guy to protect Matt Ryan or a weapon for Matt Ryan.

I don't see WR or TE 1st rd. There are only 4 guaranteed WR's in the 1st and 2 have had off-field incidents.

Baldwin and Floyd. Green and Jones won't be there. WR's in the 1st are a HUGE bust risk compared to other

positions. TE in the 1st there's only 2 and 1 of them have had some issues too.(Saunders) Any other TE

would be a reach IMO.

I think it's OT or CB.

Edited by hawkeye

Reynolds probably won't end up as a first rounder. He is a natural RT who struggles some with speed off the edge.

Reynolds will definitely go 1st rd. He can play LT or RT depending on the QB. But he has played LT the last 2 yrs.

Reynolds’ job is to protect the quarterback’s blindside. He has spent the past two seasons as a left tackle protecting Max Hall, but has yet to figure out where he’ll play in 2010. The Cougars are still trying to determine their quarterback situation. If freshman Jake Heaps gets the job, Reynolds will stay on the left. If it’s junior Riley Nelson, a southpaw, Reynolds will shift to the right.

That type of versatility is what has made Reynolds the best offensive lineman on BYU, one of the best in the Mountain West Conference and according to McShay, one of the best in the country.

5. I dont think we drafted Kroy Biermann thinking.. Dude is going to be a starting DE for us... He just proved he deserved that chance.... TD said he drafted Chris Owens to be the NB but he surprised them by becoming a #2... Thats a good thing... You said franks is just potential right now.... Thats what this rookie CB next year is going to be... You brought up the Jets... They drafted Wilson to be there NB.

We can finally be in the position where we could just draft the best player on the draft board because we have no needs next year... If a big time CB slipped into the our hands in the 1st round... I have no problem taking him.... I just dont see it as a top 3 positions of need

Just to clear the air, during the state of the Franchise event TD said that Owens was drafted to compete for a starting position or at the least the NB position, so basically he was drafted to either start or play the NB, not specifically to play the NB position.

A couple of things..

1.I agree that Matt Ryan focused on Tony G allot last year but i guarantee that we would not have went 9-7 without Tony Gonzalez... A complete TE is like having an extra WR.. Look at how Harry Douglas went down... Think about us with no complete TE last year. Tony Gonzalez is not a trained killer as a blocker but he is a good blocking TE.

2 I feel like its not fair to compare 2008 kinda weak schedule with 2009 strong schedule and the injuries...

3. Ive said it and ill say it again.... TD has payed attention 2 the last 2 best TE's in the last 2 drafts.... I was told that TD really had his eye on Jermaine Gresham.. Its just a Defense playmaker was a bigger need.... I was also told if our Defensive guys was off the board (Graham, Morgan, and Spoon)... We would have taken Gresham... TD fab 5 prospects were Graham, Morgan, Spoon, Pouncey, and Gresham (Morgan #1) .. I have no doubt in my mind that we will have a complete TE after Gonzo.

4.I really wouldnt use the Jets as an example because there scheme is totally different... Thier scheme is a blitz base scheme... They dont have a great pass rusher so they blitz... If you are going to blitz all day... You will need cover guys

But yea... I see us keeping an balance TE in our scheme for Matt Ryan.... Especially would us not leaning as much on Turner and leaning more on Matt Ryan... I look at the best QB's and their top notch offenses... Rivers have Gates.... Manning have Clark... Brees have Shockey... Rogers have Finley....Favre have Shiancoe ... McNabb had Celek ... I can go on and on... TD knows how important an good TE is to our team.

This is something Coached Smith recently said

Basically we want a complete TE... Besides in the 1st or 2nd round... This pass draft either had a good pass catching TE or a good blocking TE in rounds 3-7.... Thats why i think we passed on TE's in this draft.. Besides Jermaine Gresham and Rob Gronkowski (and Anthony McCoy.. I heard we liked him until we find out about his weed problem) ... There was not a complete TE... TD and Coach Smith want complete TE to take over for Gonzo when he retire.

I am not arguing the fact that we want a balanced TE. It is just my opinion that Tony Gonzalez is not really the model of what we are looking for in our next TE. I am not even going to argue the fact the he helped us win those 9 games.... its obvious that he did, but to say our passing game didn't take a step back just wouldn't be true.

I just think it is important to have a very good blocker especially in our offense where the talent level of our offensive line is really not that high. We need that 6th man to help on some of those elite pass rushers. This past year, it was an odd fit (having a mainly receiving TE) and it really exposed our Line. Just look at how uncomfortable Matt Ryan was in the pocket compared to 2008.

Harry Douglas was a loss, but I don't think a guy who had just caught 20 passes the previous year is the main reason for our Offense's decline. Even before the rest of those injuries really settled in, our Offense was still very stagnant.

It really doesn't matter the scheme. If you have two top flight CBs, it allows you the opportunity to be very creative with how you play defense and can really mask other deficiencies. Lets just throw an idea out there.....how crazy would it be if we had:

RCB: Dunta Robinson FS: Thomas DeCoud SS: William Moore LCB: Aaron Williams or Amukara and move Owens to NB. That would probably the most talented young secondary in the league. Not to mention that we just drafted a cover LB in Weatherspoon to help take away RBs.

I agree with you. Looking on paper, CB is not one of our top needs. But imagine the impact of adding a top flight CB to our defense. I think it would be much greater than adding a TE to our offense.

Even looking at the TEs you listed..... only 2 of those 6 guys were 1st round picks. I think we can get what we want later in the draft anyway. TD didn't just show interest in the top TEs. He worked out plenty of guys. TE isn't really a position that requires 1st round attention imo.

I am not arguing the fact that we want a balanced TE. It is just my opinion that Tony Gonzalez is not really the model of what we are looking for in our next TE. I am not even going to argue the fact the he helped us win those 9 games.... its obvious that he did, but to say our passing game didn't take a step back just wouldn't be true.

I just think it is important to have a very good blocker especially in our offense where the talent level of our offensive line is really not that high. We need that 6th man to help on some of those elite pass rushers. This past year, it was an odd fit (having a mainly receiving TE) and it really exposed our Line. Just look at how uncomfortable Matt Ryan was in the pocket compared to 2008.

Harry Douglas was a loss, but I don't think a guy who had just caught 20 passes the previous year is the main reason for our Offense's decline. Even before the rest of those injuries really settled in, our Offense was still very stagnant.

It really doesn't matter the scheme. If you have two top flight CBs, it allows you the opportunity to be very creative with how you play defense and can really mask other deficiencies. Lets just throw an idea out there.....how crazy would it be if we had:

RCB: Dunta Robinson FS: Thomas DeCoud SS: William Moore LCB: Aaron Williams or Amukara and move Owens to NB. That would probably the most talented young secondary in the league. Not to mention that we just drafted a cover LB in Weatherspoon to help take away RBs.

I agree with you. Looking on paper, CB is not one of our top needs. But imagine the impact of adding a top flight CB to our defense. I think it would be much greater than adding a TE to our offense.

Even looking at the TEs you listed..... only 2 of those 6 guys were 1st round picks. I think we can get what we want later in the draft anyway. TD didn't just show interest in the top TEs. He worked out plenty of guys. TE isn't really a position that requires 1st round attention imo.

I have us picking between 25th-32nd..... So i agree... If a top flight CB is there.... The smart thing is to get the guy.... I just dont see Aaron Williams or Amukara making it pass the 21st pick....They have that height-weight-speed thing going on with being talented... CB's like that fly off the board... I remember Antonio Cromartie never even really started in college but he have that height-weight-speed thing so he went top 20.

I dont think we are going to agree about the TE thing... I see us getting getting a TE in the top 3 rounds.

I have us picking between 25th-32nd..... So i agree... If a top flight CB is there.... The smart thing is to get the guy.... I just dont see Aaron Williams or Amukara making it pass the 21st pick....They have that height-weight-speed thing going on with being talented... CB's like that fly off the board... I remember Antonio Cromartie never even really started in college but he have that height-weight-speed thing so he went top 20.

I dont think we are going to agree about the TE thing... I see us getting getting a TE in the top 3 rounds.

Stranger things have happened. Another CB who has been very good, but hasn't gotten the hype yet is Rashad Carmichael outta Virgina Tech. He is 5'11 190 and runs a 4.3 40.... he also had 6 picks last year.

I think rounds 2 or 3 is a good spot to grab a TE. I just am not really on board in the 1st round though.

Stranger things have happened. Another CB who has been very good, but hasn't gotten the hype yet is Rashad Carmichael outta Virgina Tech. He is 5'11 190 and runs a 4.3 40.... he also had 6 picks last year.

I think rounds 2 or 3 is a good spot to grab a TE. I just am not really on board in the 1st round though.

I like Carmichael and Davon House too. They make plays and are fast and can tackle good too. I think they both

go 2nd rd.

Rashad Carmichael is a 2nd round guy

I will say this tho... If Kyle Wilson went in the 1st round....Rashad Carmichael can go in the 1st round next year (end of the 1st round).

I think Rashad is a 2nd rounder... I will say this tho... I think he is just as talented as D-Hall was when he was at V-Tech... D-Hall just had the hype machine.