L...M...A...O

Testasparo

you will prolly get banned for such a blatant mockery of teh interwebz. :angry:

ATTICA!!ATTICA!!!ATTICA!!!ATTICA!!!

Every time I see the word Attica I think of Kevin Nash and Scott Hall being dragged away by WCW security while Kevin Nash is screaming "Attica! Attica! Attica!" the whole time.

Dog Day Afternoon was really the last truly great movie, in my opinion, that Pacino was ever in.

Dog Day Afternoon was really the last truly great movie, in my opinion, that Pacino was ever in.

****, that's a bold statement... Scarface, And Justice for All, Scent of a Woman, Heat? Glengarry Glen Ross, Carlito's Way?

You think Pacino only had 4 great movies? I'm throwing in Godfather I & II and Serpico as the pre-Dog Day films...

btw - just askin, not tryin to be a ****... :D

****, that's a bold statement... Scarface, And Justice for All, Scent of a Woman, Heat? Glengarry Glen Ross, Carlito's Way?

You think Pacino only had 4 great movies? I'm throwing in Godfather I & II and Serpico as the pre-Dog Day films...

btw - just askin, not tryin to be a ****... :D

I'm ashamed at myself for forgetting Heat, because it's in my top 5 movies of all time :(

But I am one of the few people who thinks Pacino is almost unbearable. He over-acts in 95% of his movies, he is way too animated when the moment doesn't call for it, and his generally posture and the way he carries himself rarely ever fits the character.

The Devil's Advocate was a terrible movie but his performance as Satan was great because he played to that character so well and carried himself so well. Scent of a Woman would have been a much better movie had a better actor been in that role in my opinion.

I don't know, I love Pacino in the Godfather movies, Scarface, Dog Day Afternoon, Heat, and The Devil's Advocate and he was good in Serpico. Everything else he's almost unbearable in though. Any Given Sunday may be the worst movie of all time, and easily his worst performance of all time.

Every time I see the word Attica I think of Kevin Nash and Scott Hall being dragged away by WCW security while Kevin Nash is screaming "Attica! Attica! Attica!" the whole time.

I agree it was the last great movie, but he has had some great roles that he made great since then. I know people want me to say Scarface, but his role and his speech at the end of scent of a woman was awesome.

I agree it was the last great movie, but he has had some great roles that he made great since then. I know people want me to sat Scarface, but his role and his speech at the end of scent of a woman was awesome.

Truly one of the greatest speeches in movie history...if someone else would have made it.

I'm about to be real nitpicky and unbearable right now, but oh well, it's only because I don't find him believable as an actor.

Listen to his voice inflection, the way his voice goes up and down and up and down in times when it shouldn't.

Imagine typing his speech the way he speaks it: This IS...such a CROCK of SH*T.

I understand that he is unique in that way, and he will forever have this aura and screen presence about him, but for whatever reason I can not get over the way he talks. It's distracting, and it's not any way that anyone in real life talks. He has the voice inflection of a soap opera actor, and it bothers me.

In movies he plays a normal, level guy he's really good in. I'll add another movie: Insomnia. A lot of people hated that movie and though it was boring, but I thought it was one of his better performances.

If I'm casting a character that needs presence and power, I'm casting Al Pacino. If I'm casting a character that has tremendous depth and a myriad of emotion, I don't think I'm even looking his way.

Edited by Testasparo

Truly one of the greatest speeches in movie history...if someone else would have made it.

I'm about to be real nitpicky and unbearable right now, but oh well, it's only because I don't find him believable as an actor.

Listen to his voice inflection, the way his voice goes up and down and up and down in times when it shouldn't.

Imagine typing his speech the way he speaks it: This IS...such a CROCK of SH*T.

I understand that he is unique in that way, and he will forever have this aura and screen presence about him, but for whatever reason I can not get over the way he talks. It's distracting, and it's not any way that anyone in real life talks. He has the voice inflection of a soap opera actor, and it bothers me.

In movies he plays a normal, level guy he's really good in. I'll add another movie: Insomnia. A lot of people hated that movie and though it was boring, but I thought it was one of his better performances.

If I'm casting a character that needs presence and power, I'm casting Al Pacino. If I'm casting a character that has tremendous depth and a myriad of emotion, I don't think I'm even looking his way.

Thats racist.

Just thought I'd try that since we disagree.

Hey Testasparo, did you like Donnie Brasco?

Honestly I've never watched it all the way through. Depp is one of my favorite actors, so I don't know why I haven't, but I've just never found the parts I have watched to be all that compelling. Every time I turn the TV to that movie when it's on, it's the scene where Depp is sitting at the table with his kids eating breakfast and they're not talking to him.

Never really watched much before or after that. Would you recommend it?

Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro both ran out of range of characters to play years. No matter how well they do, they are repeating characters that they played already. I find it difficult to watch any of their newer films because of this. I only see the actors, not the characters and it distracts me too much for me to like the movies.

The same thing happened to Jack Lemmon before he died and Jack Nicholson hasn't been fresh or interesting for years. Merryl Streep is perhaps the only actor/actress that has been doing it for 30+ years who still knocks her performances out of the park consistently.

Al Pacino and Robert DeNiro both ran out of range of characters to play years. No matter how well they do, they are repeating characters that they played already. I find it difficult to watch any of their newer films because of this. I only see the actors, not the characters and it distracts me too much for me to like the movies.

The same thing happened to Jack Lemmon before he died and Jack Nicholson hasn't been fresh or interesting for years. Merryl Streep is perhaps the only actor/actress that has been doing it for 30+ years who still knocks her performances out of the park consistently.

Agreed with 99% of this. The only one percent I disagree with is Nicholson because his performance in The Departed was so against the grain for him that it was awesome.

I think Clint still knocks it out of the park every time he steps in front of a camera. I also think Tom Hanks doesn't miss. And Leonardo Dicaprio(sp) has really become quite an excellent actor, IMO. I know he's still relatively fresh compared to Streep, Pacino, and Nicholson, but Leonardo has really earned my respect as an actor. Another one who people may disagree with me on is George Clooney. I think the guy does a really good job on just about everything since he "took off" on ER.