Droning horns at the World Cup

Anybody notice during the World th Cup the Incessant droning horns, the Vuvuzela horn. Some Genius gave everybody that walked in the world cup these free horns. Couldn't they give out Bobble heads? Or Key Chains, not a piece of plastic in a poor country that they probably love just blowing on the thing more then anything. :P

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/Vuvuzela-The-Buzz-of-the-World-Cup.html

They were not as bad during the Nigeria/Argentina match as they were in the S. Africa/Mexico match, but they are still annoying.

I actually got to hear some of the Argentinos cheering in that match, so that was nice. But for this reason alone, I hope South Africa never hosts another World Cup.

Anybody notice during the World th Cup the Incessant droning horns, the Vuvuzela horn. Some Genius gave everybody that walked in the world cup these free horns. Couldn't they give out Bobble heads? Or Key Chains, not a piece of plastic in a poor country that they probably love just blowing on the thing more then anything. :P

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/Vuvuzela-The-Buzz-of-the-World-Cup.html

Oh, every body at the world cup has a bobble head alright....

I listened on the radio on my way home from work and again on television when I got there. That, and the fact that I'm not even a casual soccer fan, are enough for me to not watch any more matches. I hope nobody does that for any of our road games this year.

It's the most terrible god awful noise ever. I'm surprised that whoever is in charge of the whole soccer sport thing lets them do that. That buzzing made it even more unbearable to watch, which is a crowning achievement in and of itself, since it was soccer that I was watching.

IF the Dome was filled with that noise when the defense was on the field we'd have the toughest stadium to play in in the league. I don't think football players would know what to do.

I had thought the same thing, but the No Fun League would ban them about 5 minutes after we started using them and kick anyone caught using it out of the dome.

At least if it spread to the NFL you could count on fans to just blow it when the home team was on D, not the entire game.

if a dude next to me in the crowd spent the entire ******* game blowing one of those damned horns I would shove that thing down his throat and not care if he was a Saints fan or an opponent's fan