Per Dillon Baxter: Florida, Oregon, Washington, Alabama illegally contact him.

SacFalcFan

USC true freshman running back Dillon Baxter told the school's director of compliance that five schools illegally contacted him in the wake of USC's NCAA penalties, according to a document reviewed by ESPN's Joe Schad.

In a letter written by USC director of compliance Matt Billings to Pac-10 Associate Commissioner for Governance and Enforcement Ron Barker, Florida, Washington, Oregon, Fresno State and Alabama allegedly contacted Baxter.

The letter states in part: "I just met with (Baxter) and he told me that he received phone calls from five institutions (June 10th.) All of the institutions asked if he was interested in transferring to USC due to the NCAA decision. Would you please speak with these schools to remind them they cannot speak to this student athlete?"

then per joe schad dillon lost his cell phone.. huh?

Full Story

Ok, now really reading the story....

Are true freshmen allowed to transfer, I thought it was juniors & seniors?

And why are they asking if he wanted to transfer "to" USC?

It's a typo I'm guessing.

I don't think under normal circumstances true freshmen are allowed to transfer, but I don't know what the rules are with something like this situation.

Lets see, 2 schools from Lanes SEC past that he had words with, 2 schools that will give him trouble now in the Pac 10 and Fresno which makes no sense from any stand point. They know they coulnt get him so why woul they even try. Good job Lane.

lol I didn't even see Fresno because it wasn't included in the thread title.

But LMAO @ Fresno State getting Dillon Baxter.

Lets see, 2 schools from Lanes SEC past that he had words with, 2 schools that will give him trouble now in the Pac 10 and Fresno which makes no sense from any stand point. They know they coulnt get him so why woul they even try. Good job Lane.

Exactly. Once again Lane is being Lane and lashing out anyway he can because the mean old NCAA took away his blankee. I really cant wait for him to fall on his face and its coming.....no doubt in my mind because the guy in not mature enough to handle coaching a Jr. High school team much less a major Div 1 college team.

It's a typo I'm guessing.

I don't think under normal circumstances true freshmen are allowed to transfer, but I don't know what the rules are with something like this situation.

they aren't even in this situation.. it only applies to usc's jrs and srs.. this should be easy to follow up on and verify if there illegal contact.

they aren't even in this situation.. it only applies to usc's jrs and srs.. this should be easy to follow up on and verify if there illegal contact.

Lost phone or not, the cell company should have a record of all incoming/outgoing calls. Would be fairly easy to verify the story.

Lost phone or not, the cell company should have a record of all incoming/outgoing calls. Would be fairly easy to verify the story.

you are right, it should be easy to determine if they violated recruiting rules or not.. it also seems that markeith ambles is going to transfer.

Ok maybe I'm blind but where did it say anything about Lane? I read that Baxter went and told Matt Billings. I think you guys are letting your hate for a man you don't know personally get the best of you

I dont hate Lane at all. I personally think hes humorous. The truth of it is though that most of the teams he mentions dont even make alot of sense for him. UF had a chance to recruit him after Pete left and we said no. Hes not the kind of back that fits Bamas run game. Oregon signed an equally high ranked back in Seastrunk. Fresno St. wouldnt have a chance in **** and they would know that. That really leaves Washington. We all know though after watching his circus act last year that Lnae loves to play these mind games to take the pressures off his own team.

I dont hate Lane at all. I personally think hes humorous. The truth of it is though that most of the teams he mentions dont even make alot of sense for him. UF had a chance to recruit him after Pete left and we said no. Hes not the kind of back that fits Bamas run game. Oregon signed an equally high ranked back in Seastrunk. Fresno St. wouldnt have a chance in **** and they would know that. That really leaves Washington. We all know though after watching his circus act last year that Lnae loves to play these mind games to take the pressures off his own team.

i just personally thought it was one of the weird collections of teams who baxter said called him..

• 4 weeks later...

USC honestly should be punished for those baseless accusations. Making false allegations of improprieties public about other member institutions is a big deal. If you come out as an Athletic Department and claim that other SPECIFIC schools are cheating, then you better have the goods to back that up. And USC obviously did not.

Those allegations cost these institutions time and money in investigating the issue (which had to be done no matter how ridiculous the allegations were) and a PR hit as several members of the media, mainly on the West Coast, criticized the institutions for the alleged improper contacts with a freshman. I'm sorry but "I'm sorry" should not cut it in this case.

And if it is found that members of the Athletic Department, and particularly the football coaching staff, prompted the allegations, then there should be serious penalties levied including some people losing their jobs.

USC honestly should be punished for those baseless accusations. Making false allegations of improprieties public about other member institutions is a big deal. If you come out as an Athletic Department and claim that other SPECIFIC schools are cheating, then you better have the goods to back that up. And USC obviously did not.

Those allegations cost these institutions time and money in investigating the issue (which had to be done no matter how ridiculous the allegations were) and a PR hit as several members of the media, mainly on the West Coast, criticized the institutions for the alleged improper contacts with a freshman. I'm sorry but "I'm sorry" should not cut it in this case.

And if it is found that members of the Athletic Department, and particularly the football coaching staff, prompted the allegations, then there should be serious penalties levied including some people losing their jobs.

very well said. these type of false accusations an i'm sorry is not enough..