Meeting players

jes2400

I've been a Falcon fan for years, but because of finances and distance,I don't get to meet many Falcons. That'll change this year when I attend my 1st game. When I was young, I did get to meet Billy "White Shoes" Johnson. I was a little kid, it was great. Some other stars I got to meet, Charlie Chris, playing for the Hawks at the time, came to my uncle's house for Thanksgiving. We wen't to my uncle's in Atlanta almost every Thanksgiving. most of my star meeting luck has been with wrestlers. I've met Dusty Rhodes, Terry Taylor, Arn Anderson, Meng, Larry Zabisko. What Falcons have you met, and what other celebs have you met?

Guest Gritz

Just a few weeks ago I got to meet Thomas DeCoud and Todd Weiner. I actually got to talk with DeCoud for a while. Great attitude, loves being a Falcon, wasn't close to being satisfied with his performance last year....

Todd....very humble...soft-spoken guy...

Being an illustrator I have worked for the Hawks, Falcons and Braves over the years....Got to meet and spend some time with Glanville.....very funny guy, called me "pod-nah" the whole time. Bobby Cox, very nice guy, but very liberal when it comes to the cussing. I had barely met him and within 5 minutes at least 3 or 4 cuss words come flying out....and he was happy....Mike Fratello.....Hawks and TBS hired me to do the retirement portrait of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, so I got to meet and spend some time with Jabbar before the game....very cool guy.

My favorite professional athlete I have ever met?

Kevin Johnson, former point guard for the Phoenix Suns....long story how we met, but I did a portrait of him....he dug it big time...We met before a Hawks game. We actually corresponded a couple of times after that. Kevin is currently the mayor of Sacramento, California. Incredible life story.

Didn't meet him in person but received a really nice phone call from my childhood hero Archie Manning. Did a portrait of him several years ago...delivered it to his office in New Orleans. He called me in my studio the next week....

Guest Gritz

Hard to follow Gritz huh guys!

I'm just lucky that what I do for a living has let me meet some cool people in sports.

Guest Gritz

Man, like a dope I left out that meeting of the 3 former Falcon greats in May....the Lunch with Legends...

Buddy Curry, Jeff Van Note and Jessie Tuggle.

Superfan and I got to have an actual conversation with Van Note....very down-to-earth guy.

You guys pay attention to and get behind this FNCO....This group will give you chances in the future to rub elbows with Falcons.

I've been a Falcon fan for years, but because of finances and distance,I don't get to meet many Falcons. That'll change this year when I attend my 1st game. When I was young, I did get to meet Billy "White Shoes" Johnson. I was a little kid, it was great. Some other stars I got to meet, Charlie Chris, playing for the Hawks at the time, came to my uncle's house for Thanksgiving. We wen't to my uncle's in Atlanta almost every Thanksgiving. most of my star meeting luck has been with wrestlers. I've met Dusty Rhodes, Terry Taylor, Arn Anderson, Meng, Larry Zabisko. What Falcons have you met, and what other celebs have you met?

You probably won't get to meet any players just by attending a game. You may want to try a practice.

I've met a lot of celebs and Falcons. Too many to mention. My favorite Falcon meetings were:

-Van Note - watched an entire two hour practice with him in 2002

-Chris Hinton - spent a couple hours with him talking Falcons football at a boring Xmas party in 91

My favorite celeb meeting was Stevie Wonder. At his friend Hamilton Bohannon's house. Stevie was one of my musical idols at the time. I was scared shtless. He walks over to me without a guide and strikes up a convo. After about 15 minutes he asks me what do you think about this melody. He hums a melody in my ear. It was beautiful. He told me it was a song he was working on. It turned out to be Overjoyed. One of his many hits. My favorite celeb encounter. By far. True story.

I met the entire 2005 team. I got lost leaving the New Orleans game and randomly saw Arthur Blank walking through a crowd of people. I ran down there and got him to sign a dollar bill for me and then asked everybody what was going on. It was a signing set up for memorabilia vendors. They came out 1 by 1 and signed stuff for the people there. I still have a 1 dollar bill signed by 15 falcons including Crump, DHall, Brooking etc and my white Kerney jersey and the black/silver falcons hat signed by Pat. It was good times.

I have met many players/celebrities in my life and even played football with some of our most beloved.

My most memorable would be selling a few of them cars. When you do that you really get to know someone. Calvin Johnson sticks out just because he really was a pleasure to do business with. Very nice, him and his whole family.