Hawks to Hire Larry Drew as Head coach?

Hatch

It's a decent hired. The players has a lot of respects for him and he knows what is the problem with them.

This roster need some cleaning. Either try to trade Smith or Marvin. Move Al to the 4 and draft or sign a True Center.

ASG need to sell the Hawks. Maybe Mr. Blank can buy it or someone that is like him or better.

my initial take on this hire is negative for many of the reasons you guys have brought up...

of course my initial takes in the past were:

- Falcons should not draft Matt Ryan

- Falcons should draft Glen Dorsey

- Braves should NOT sign Troy Glaus

So, sometimes the "initial take" is not always the correct one. B)

Edited by g-dawg

my initial take on this hire is negative for many of the reasons you guys have brought up...

of course my initial takes in the past were:

- Falcons should not draft Matt Ryan

- Falcons should draft Glen Dorsey

- Braves should NOT sign Troy Glaus

So, sometimes the "initial take" is not always the correct one. B)

Good points. Unfortunately, the Braves and Falcons are being run much, MUCH better than the Hawks/Thrashers. :(

im not trying to be a negative nancy, but during which games would a few made kicks have gotten us wins? cause the only obvious game i can see where that is the case was the giants game. I'm just wondering, not trying to one-up ya

The players love Drew. They like his system too. Good hire.

Who did you boys want? Mark Jackson? LMAO.

Guest Regular Guy

The players love Drew. They like his system too. Good hire.

Who did you boys want? Mark Jackson? LMAO.

I wanted Avery Johnson, but the Nets already have a principal agreement with him :( ASG BLOWS!!!!!

Cheap pick up

I agree with you there , you think that the Atlanta Spirit ( or the 7 stooges as I call them ) could have waited after the NBA Finals to continue their search . I know I've said on this board that I wish that we could bring Doc Rivers home since he said he wasn't gonna sign back with the Celtics . I know it would have been a long shot , but who knows what would have happened had we waited . I just hope that the Stooges know what they are doing ( besides being cheap ) , only time will tell . :wacko:

First take, I didn't like the hire... How much does anyone ever truly like when their team fills a head coaching role with an assistant... But, after more research, I can dig it... Drew seems like the opposite of Woodrow, which is what we all wanted right? Not to mention, there won't be that new hire transitional phase... Players are accustomed... This could be a good thing... My fingers are definitely crossed... Now if only we could spend a little in FA...

Edited by The True #7

First take, I didn't like the hire... How much does anyone ever truly like when their team fills a head coaching role with an assistant... But, after more research, I can dig it... Drew seems like the opposite of Woodrow, which is what we all wanted right? Not to mention, there won't be that new hire transitional phase... Players are accustomed... This could be a good thing... My fingers are definitely crossed... Now if only we could spend a little in FA...

exactly how i felt.

no comment until i see results..on a side note, i just heard from a credible source for the hawks that it was said that during the hawks 2nd round matchup against the magic, woodrow gave 3 goodbye speeches as if the series was already over before game 1 started.

Edited by crankdatfalcon

no comment until i see results..on a side note, i just heard from a credible source for the hawks that it was said that during the hawks 2nd round matchup against the magic, woodrow gave 3 goodbye speeches as if the series was already over before game 1 started.

I heard that too... Yet some still believe that the team gave up on him... Good riddance... What's great is that Drew's interview process was a walkthrough of several offensive sets... That's right Hawks fans... Larry can come up with more than one offensive set... And it didn't consist of iso's... Hallelujah!

Edited by The True #7