Alright, I admit it. I'm looking forward to watching the US vs. England

Xnex

I know after a 1-1 tie and a 0-0 tie I'm so excited to see us play the Sillynannies. This first day has been packed full of insane excitement. Go soccer. Or football. Or futbol, whatever they call it.

I'll be watching. I just need to figure out what panties I'll be wearing.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I know we are prohibitive underdogs, but I'm going to watch the match anyway.

>>>>I stand prepared to be flamed mercilessly for admitting such a thing<<<<<<

I have a friend at work thats from S. Africa at work, hes a soccer fanatic, hes for us, but hes talked to me so much about it, I will probably watch it. America beat England way back when one time. I bet they won't win but theres always a chance. ;)

Don't matter if its golf, once money is on the table then its your favorite sport.

I got 20€ on USA at 6.75:1 odds. England is ridiculously overrated. Match Special on my site being that if a red card is pulled, half-time/full-time bets are refunded.

Going to the most well known english bar/club tonight for the game with my brother. 2 Americans wearing USA flags as capes in a sea of drunk englishmen. I'm going to have some good fights tonight!!

I have a friend at work thats from S. Africa at work, hes a soccer fanatic, hes for us, but hes talked to me so much about it, I will probably watch it. America beat England way back when one time. I bet they won't win but theres always a chance. ;)

The 1950 world cup. The English press still refer to it as the biggest world cup upset ever.

I can't see the english winning. I say 1-1, or USA 2-1.

The 1950 world cup. The English press still refer to it as the biggest world cup upset ever.

I can't see the english winning. I say 1-1, or USA 2-1.

I watched it, it was good, I couldn't believer out goal. I was glad with the Tie, but seeing Beckam on the sidelines, if he was healthy, the outcome probably would have been way different. :(

I watched it, it was good, I couldn't believer out goal. I was glad with the Tie, but seeing Beckam on the sidelines, if he was healthy, the outcome probably would have been way different. :(

I have no doubt that Beckam is still a quality player, but he's not one of the very best on the English club from what I've gathered. He's getting up there in age to remain at that level and I think there are likely a few players on that squad that would be considered mcuh better than David.

interesting match...England had the pressure on a little bit more, but the US had their chances too...too bad it ended in a tie, but good match

Yeah, the US had a few chances, with one of them being especially good. That one would probably end up being a goal 6 times out of 10. But to me England spent way more time down on our end of the pitch (wow, just wow) than we did on theirs. Not that I really know anything about soccer, but just looking at the Brits it seemed like they are much more talented on an individual basis. When they have possession, the passes are quick and crisp. It seems like when the US has possession the players take longer to get the ball under control prior to passing it off.

The English team seemed always to find large creases in our defense, and they would get better shots on goal but they just didn't convert them. One thing is certain; the American team has a far superrior goalkeeper. I believe the US goalie is one of the best in the world at his position.