Notre Dame just cancelled their 2013 game with Navy?

savwboy9

very interesting that they did this.. i thought this was supposed to be a huge thing for them.. i guess moving to the big 10 is in order finally.

Sounds that way, you don't call off the longest uninterrupted rivalry in CFB, playing in Yankee Stadium, for some that isn't HUGE. About time if we are right. B)

Even if they are going to the Big 16, I think it's bs to cancel this game.

Apparently tradition means absolutely nothing in college football these days. <_<

or maybe they are sick of losing to navy.. even notre dame fans i talk to hate how easy their schedule is and how they play the service academies almost every.. there is no excuse to be playing air force and army yearly.. navy you have that bigtime history.

or maybe they are sick of losing to navy.. even notre dame fans i talk to hate how easy their schedule is and how they play the service academies almost every.. there is no excuse to be playing air force and army yearly.. navy you have that bigtime history.

Easy or not, the service academies used to be the top teams in the country... and that's where the rivalry was born. Navy and Air Force may not be national contenders but they are not bad teams. Army has fallen way off, but there is still a ton of pride and tradition in those programs.

Tradition is what makes college football so insanely special, in my opinion. You don't just stop playing a rivalry that is older than 99% of the population today.