Need some help from my Computer Tech Friends

Jaymadd

What up Sirs

I was given a Mac Mini, but i have to buy the accessories, i.e the MOnitor, Keyboard, Mouse. I am not computer savvy so I am wondering will any brand work with the Mac. I am also wondering what is the best option for someone not looking to spend a grip on actual apple accessories.

Thanks any advance for any help regarding this matter.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of help, what with all the comic book and star wars geeks around here. I hear those types of people are good with computers too.

You can buy just about any brand, certainly doesn't have to be Mac accessories and as a mac fan I'd suggest against Mac accessories.

Just make sure you get a monitor with the right connector for the mini (probably DVI, though possibly VGA. The mini almost certainly will not have the old Mac specific connector.) so you don't have to get an adapter or anything. You can get nice cheap monitors at a number of web/physical locations. Any keyboard and mouse with usb connections will do.

Edited by The Monarch

You can buy just about any brand, certainly doesn't have to be Mac accessories and as a mac fan I'd suggest against Mac accessories.

Just make sure you get a monitor with the right connector for the mini (probably DVI, though possibly VGA. The mini almost certainly will not have the old Mac specific connector.) so you don't have to get an adapter or anything. You can get nice cheap monitors at a number of web/physical locations. Any keyboard and mouse with usb connections will do.

^

See?

Thanks sir I appreciate that. I got the Mac from my JOB as loaner, with the possibility of me owning it, so I didnt really want to spend bid when I might not keep it. I figured I can always upgrade later if I decide to keep it.

Thanks sir I appreciate that. I got the Mac from my JOB as loaner, with the possibility of me owning it, so I didnt really want to spend bid when I might not keep it. I figured I can always upgrade later if I decide to keep it.

The Mac Minis are neat little machines if you're not doing too much heavy lifting with them. Do you know what year it is?

:lol:

Not sure... chalk it up to a boring workday I guess... :D

Fridays bring out the chop-busting on this board.

Do you hear that falcon_bob you limp-wristed ***** of a ***** *****? :angry:

The Mac Minis are neat little machines if you're not doing too much heavy lifting with them. Do you know what year it is?

Fridays bring out the chop-busting on this board.

Do you hear that falcon_bob you limp-wristed ***** of a ***** *****? :angry:

NOt sure, I havent gotten it yet, I hope it is pretty recent though.

go to newegg.com or otherworldcomputing.com find a mini dvi to dvi/hdmi/vga( what ever type monitor you want to connect it to. also need a bluetooth mouse and keyboard or USB mouse/keyboard.

i would not recommend apple products, but the mouse and keyboard are cheaper from apple than other bluetooth keyboards, plus with a magic mouse, you can do swipe features.

- neighborhood apple fanboy.

go to newegg.com or otherworldcomputing.com find a mini dvi to dvi/hdmi/vga( what ever type monitor you want to connect it to. also need a bluetooth mouse and keyboard or USB mouse/keyboard.

i would not recommend apple products, but the mouse and keyboard are cheaper from apple than other bluetooth keyboards, plus with a magic mouse, you can do swipe features.

very helpful. I'm much more familiar with the desktops than the minis or laptops.

So are a applehead that loves to wear Abercrombie and Finch and Skinny Jeans, man I see it is going to be harder than I thought to put you on with the GAState Girls. :P :D

ON the Real, I do appreciate the website and the info, I noticed that the MOuse and Keyboard arent that expensive on the apple website but the Monitor was way out of my budget at the moment.

So are a applehead that loves to wear Abercrombie and Finch and Skinny Jeans, man I see it is going to be harder than I thought to put you on with the GAState Girls. :P :D

ON the Real, I do appreciate the website and the info, I noticed that the MOuse and Keyboard arent that expensive on the apple website but the Monitor was way out of my budget at the moment.

1st of all, i dont wear skinnies. det. capt is the one rocking skinnies. i rock destroyed jeans. i just dont pretend that skinnies are women jeans only. I dont rock abercombie, more american eagle and Jcrew type with some hollister mixed in.. also every hipster and hip person is an apple lover.

gotta go with the low blow. :angry: , but its cool, like i said im a one woman type of guy, and while you are gone im BOYFRIEND NUMBER 2.

yea dont get a monitor from apple. **** is crazy expensive for no reason. for the price they sell, you might as well just buy an imac computer. just grab any monitor and you will be fine. the mouse and keyboard are cheap and really good.

What up Sirs

I was given a Mac Mini, but i have to buy the accessories, i.e the MOnitor, Keyboard, Mouse. I am not computer savvy so I am wondering will any brand work with the Mac. I am also wondering what is the best option for someone not looking to spend a grip on actual apple accessories.

If you live in Atlanta go to Frys. They have everything if you want Apple OEM parts or Logitech. ;)

http://www.frys.com/