Pac-10 wants 2 BCS bids

Rambler

so they get a title game right? oh wait they won't do that right..

O, there will be a title game now. Man what a day huh? I cant stop scanning the tv and listening to the radio trying to get some new scoop. This is singly the most monumental day in college football history.

O, there will be a title game now. Man what a day huh? I cant stop scanning the tv and listening to the radio trying to get some new scoop. This is singly the most monumental day in college football history.

do you twitter? lol.. if so there is someone you should add http://twitter.com/chipbrownob he is a texas guy who has great info.

yes it's been a full day man.. i am working from with espn on and espnradio as well.. a bunch of info .. so many rumors.. and this is just the beginning.

do you twitter? lol.. if so there is someone you should add http://twitter.com/chipbrownob he is a texas guy who has great info.

yes it's been a full day man.. i am working from with espn on and espnradio as well.. a bunch of info .. so many rumors.. and this is just the beginning.

You know I have never twittered before but now is as good as time as any. Thanks.

It is being reported that the Pac-10 will request 2 BCS bids if they expand to 16 teams, one for the 8 west coast schools, and one for the other 8. If this happens, there is no way the SEC doesnt expand to 16.

Would they like some Grey Poupon with that?

Would they like some Grey Poupon with that?

and the cowards still don't want a title game. i am sick of the big 10 and the pac 10 and them demanding crap and not wanting a title game.. they both coerced the big 12 to not vote for the acc/sec plus 1 plan. they should have a title game and i have listened to 3 interviews today and they will not get 2 bcs automatics.

I still don't see what the problem is. If they can, every conference should get a title game. It's only fair

a conference title game should be a prerequisite to getting an bcs automatic bid, but some conferences are afraid it will knock out their title game contender so they are afraid to do it.. we have seen that shouldn't be a factor with what the sec has been able to accomplish even with their title game and two bcs automatic bids per conference is ridiculous and it won't be accepted.. if they try that expect to be taken to court again..

I still don't see what the problem is. If they can, every conference should get a title game. It's only fair

It is only fair, for the integrity of the game... but judging from comments made by Big Ten commish Jim Delany, a championship game is viewed by the Big Ten as unnecessary financially.

Each Big Ten team gets cut about $6-7 million from Big Ten Network money annually. A championship game would not be shown on BTN and thus would not generate direct income that the Big Ten pockets the vast majority of. They do not view a championship game as something that is fair or better for the competitive integrity of their conference. And since the Big Ten avoided adding a conference championship basketball tournament for as long as they could, I really wouldn't look for them to add a game for football unless the NCAA or BCS create new rules to address such bigger conferences.

and the cowards still don't want a title game. i am sick of the big 10 and the pac 10 and them demanding crap and not wanting a title game.. they both coerced the big 12 to not vote for the acc/sec plus 1 plan. they should have a title game and i have listened to 3 interviews today and they will not get 2 bcs automatics.

Yeah, it's crap. One thing everyone expected to come out of this grand expansion is championship games. I have no idea how the universities can be ok with this.

With 16 teams all vying for the automatic berth and it being impossible to schedule all these teams to ONLY play within the conference, there are going to be tied records of teams that didn't play each other or have an apparent edge in strength of wins on their schedule.

How is an automatic berth given when a conference title is shared? Whichever team the media likes better gets in?

I agree with both you guys. Conferences are scared too death that their best team would lose that game(K State in 1998) and money. That's why I love the title games. Who knew Colorado was going to beat Nebraska? What about A&M beating K State and denying them a spot in the National Championship game.

Yeah, it's crap. One thing everyone expected to come out of this grand expansion is championship games. I have no idea how the universities can be ok with this.

With 16 teams all vying for the automatic berth and it being impossible to schedule all these teams to ONLY play within the conference, there are going to be tied records of teams that didn't play each other or have an apparent edge in strength of wins on their schedule.

How is an automatic berth given when a conference title is shared? Whichever team the media likes better gets in?

great question at the end.. it depends on the conference.. each conference has a different set of rules to determine that. some use head to head in the end others use bcs standings and that is part of the issue. you have some conferences with a title game and others who don't and if you have 16 teams there is no excuse to not have a title game.

I agree with both you guys. Conferences are scared too death that their best team would lose that game(K State in 1998) and money. That's why I love the title games. Who knew Colorado was going to beat Nebraska? What about A&M beating K State and denying them a spot in the National Championship game.

agree.. i love them.. and that's why i loved it when miami and fsu went to the acc.. i had hopes of fsu/miami championship game and the winner gets into the big game.. it's those type of games that i just love.