Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Derek J

I need help and info on tailgating this Season.

29 posts in this topic

I'm from Macon, and have never tailgated for a Falcons game. But I want to this Season with some friends. Can anyone please message me and let me know exactly where all the Falcons Fans tailgate? I don't know my way around downtown Atlanta, so I need directions. Thanks...

coakdog42 likes this

I'm from Macon, and have never tailgated for a Falcons game. But I want to this Season with some friends. Can anyone please message me and let me know exactly where all the Falcons Fans tailgate? I don't know my way around downtown Atlanta, so I need directions. Thanks...

the gulch...

The YELLOW LOT...

There might be some debate on Yellow versus Lot A (gulch)...

Dipper identifies maybe the largest single group tailgate, which is in Yellow...

But Lot A probably has more smaller groups of regular tailgaters... Certainly a great atmosphere... I like Lot A, that's where I go...

Lot A is easy to get to.... Capital Ave to MLK goes straight in to Lot A... But it can be slow getting out if you are in a hurry to get home...

There might be some debate on Yellow versus Lot A (gulch)...

Dipper identifies maybe the largest single group tailgate, which is in Yellow...

But Lot A probably has more smaller groups of regular tailgaters... Certainly a great atmosphere... I like Lot A, that's where I go...

Lot A is easy to get to.... Capital Ave to MLK goes straight in to Lot A... But it can be slow getting out if you are in a hurry to get home...

I'm torn. I do like Lot A's Vibe. But Lot C can also be cool & is MUCH easier to get out of post game.

Yeah the Gulch is a very popular tailgate location with multiple tailgate groups. The yellow lot does have tailgate groups, they are really small. We tend to get a large number of visitor(s) fans in the lot. Only down side to the yellow lot is the walk...

Yeah the Gulch is a very popular tailgate location with multiple tailgate groups. The yellow lot does have tailgate groups, they are really small. We tend to get a large number of visitor(s) fans in the lot. Only down side to the yellow lot is the walk...

Dip what time do yall usually start? I live down here within walking distance of the tailgates and I might have to start hanging out with y'all while I wait on my crew to show up. they dont usually get everyone there until 10

Dip what time do yall usually start? I live down here within walking distance of the tailgates and I might have to start hanging out with y'all while I wait on my crew to show up. they dont usually get everyone there until 10

We normally start setting up about 7:45... Were usually eating or just finish cooking by 9:30 or 10:00 and of course the music is playing no later than 8:30....

We normally start setting up about 7:45... Were usually eating or just finish cooking by 9:30 or 10:00 and of course the music is playing no later than 8:30....

cool I'll probably start walking over there to do some pretailgate-tailgating with you before my crew gets in.

Guys, I'm in the same boat as Derek; live out of town and not a regular at the games. 6 of us are coming in from Augusta to the 49ers game and I wanted to be early for some pre-game brewskies and possibly some grub. A couple of the guys just want to park on the East side and Marta in to avoid the post-game traffic, but if some of the areas I've read about here are fairly easy to get out of, I wouldn't mind coming in all the way so we could have a cooler and mix with some other fans.

What is the earliest I would need to be there to get a space and what is the cost? Anybody do any business on the side selling extra burgers/hotdogs? On another thread that seemed to be the implication one poster had, but something I've never seen before.

Thanks for the advice.

Guys, I'm in the same boat as Derek; live out of town and not a regular at the games. 6 of us are coming in from Augusta to the 49ers game and I wanted to be early for some pre-game brewskies and possibly some grub. A couple of the guys just want to park on the East side and Marta in to avoid the post-game traffic, but if some of the areas I've read about here are fairly easy to get out of, I wouldn't mind coming in all the way so we could have a cooler and mix with some other fans.

What is the earliest I would need to be there to get a space and what is the cost? Anybody do any business on the side selling extra burgers/hotdogs? On another thread that seemed to be the implication one poster had, but something I've never seen before.

Thanks for the advice.

For the 49ers game, get there no later than 9:30 and you should be fine. It really depends on how long you want to tailgate. I leave from Augusta as well, and usually head out around 7am. The costs in Lot A is $25

yellow lot! no doubt the best atmosphere,best price,music,freebies,hot chics, alot of fun!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Next question; do "lot A" and "Yellow" relate to the number references on the Dome parking map? The yellow (6) one on that map looks like it is at the corner of Simpson and Northside. If not, can you point them out via street name and approx location on that street?

Thanks.

Join Atlanta Falcons’ Erik Coleman, Thomas DeCoud, William Moore, Dominique Franks, Chris Owens and more to help raise money and awareness for After-School All-Stars. The players will serve guests from behind the bar while signing autographs and mingling with the crowd during the Patriots v Dolphins Monday Night game.

Autographed footballs, tickets to games and other sports memorabilia will be available for raffle. A portion of the proceeds from the drinks poured, 100% of any tips given to the celebrity servers, proceeds from the raffle and any additional donations received during the event will directly benefit After-School All-Stars.

For the 49ers game, get there no later than 9:30 and you should be fine. It really depends on how long you want to tailgate. I leave from Augusta as well, and usually head out around 7am. The costs in Lot A is $25

Do all of the lots fill up this early? I am going to my first game this Sunday, but I can't get there in time to tailgate. In fact I can't leave the Marietta area until about 11:30, so my choices are to try and find a parking spot around noon, or park at a MARTA station on the N/S line and ride the train in. Either way I think I'll barely make it for kickoff, any suggestion as to which will give me a better chance of getting in the game on time?

Do all of the lots fill up this early? I am going to my first game this Sunday, but I can't get there in time to tailgate. In fact I can't leave the Marietta area until about 11:30, so my choices are to try and find a parking spot around noon, or park at a MARTA station on the N/S line and ride the train in. Either way I think I'll barely make it for kickoff, any suggestion as to which will give me a better chance of getting in the game on time?

The lot will not be full for this game

Taking Marta probably is your best and cheapest bet though

Hey everyone!

Tailgate32 is stopping in Atlanta on September 17th to throw the ultimate tailgate party at the Georgia Dome and we want YOU to join the fun!

The Tailgate32 team is pulling off the ultimate football fan road trip and will host a tailgate at every NFL stadium during the upcoming season. The goal is to capture the essence of American tailgating and produce digital video episodes, which will be available online following each game. The most passionate fans and tailgaters, along with unique characters, will be the centerpieces of our tailgating stories.

We need some information from expert Atlanta tailgaters! We want to know how you tailgate, what food to grill, the beers you drink, the best tailgating crews to hang with, which lots to hit and what bars to frequent before and after the game! Head to the website (http://tailgate32.com), like us on Facebook (http://facebook.com/tail…) and follow us on Twitter (@tailgate_32) to take part in the conversation.

But don't just tell us how Atlanta does it...put on your favorite jersey, find us in the parking lot and show this crew how tailgating is done in Atlanta!

Check out the full schedule on our website!

im in a private lot right next to vine city train station. right across from the dome on the northside dr of the dome. we welcome all. ill put our tailgate against any...we have about 20-25 people.

Hey gk, we're also in a lot on Northside Dr. directly across the street from the dome. We're paying $60 per game to park. Is your lot any cheaper. Thanks

Sorry I'm just getting back to you gk, yeah we're in the state farm lot. We will be there around 4:00 - 4:30 today. Is your lot any better, i'd love to save 20 bucks.

I have never been to a tailgate let alone a real football game, but i want to register for a tailgating party or parties that i heard i could go through V-103. i need some info on that please what i need to do or where do i regeister. thanks

Don't know about registering for a tailgate session but tailgating is in each and every parking lot. All are friendly and I know that if you approach a group and offer to buy into the food, most will let you join in.....most likely for free if they are in the partying mood (drunk).

you dont need to register at all. my groun is in the lot across the street from the state farm lot. on the other side of the train station. and big_d is right, most groups will let you buy into their tailgate. just find one you like. most private lots open a couple hours before the game, my lot opens when you get there.

you dont need to register at all. my groun is in the lot across the street from the state farm lot. on the other side of the train station. and big_d is right, most groups will let you buy into their tailgate. just find one you like. most private lots open a couple hours before the game, my lot opens when you get there.

looking for a good tailgate for cards game on 11-18, message me..!!