A health question for anyone who has experienced kidney stones

Xnex

Okay, so this has been going on for several days. At first I thought I had injured my back because I had a dull pain almost all the time with sharp pains coming at random times. A friend who works in the lab at a local hospital ran a urinalysis(sp) for me and found some infection. But the pain was mainly located in my kidneys, not really in any other part of my urinary tract. So my wife and I came to believe that I was suffering from kidney stones. Well today I saw proof that I had a kidney stone as it finally made an appearence.

My question is, if a stone has already passed but my kidney is still giving me some pain is that normal or does it indicate the presence of more stones? Thanks for any real info you guys may have.

Man O MAN!

I hate them freaking Kidney Stones, and there is a lot to cover on this subject.

First off when you pass a stone look for traces of blood,,,,Important

Secondly, passing a stone will set off you immune responce system and so you may fell sluggish

for 2 or 3 days after.

If you have insurance, go in and get an ultra sound, or sonagram, and that will show any stones

that are or have built up.

Also save the stone that you passed, under a microscope it will either look like a ball of marbles that have been glued together

or is wil look like a cockleburr (spiney points).

The microscope will also let the doc see if there is any bleeding from the kidney's and traces of bleeding will be on the stone.

The stones are either from Calcium build up or Oxicillate's.

The Doc will order up the approiate **** tail that will help to disolve them of soften them up

so you can pass them.

If you have a large stone/s that are too big to pass then you will need to have them broken up ultra sonically.

Home Remedies:

This one is good, and you need to follow my instructions on this or you will gag horribly.

2 ounces of Olive oil and 2 ounces of Lemon juice. (1 FRESH lemon)

1 paccket of splenda to assist with the sourness of the lemon.

You want to put the ingrediants into a short cocktail glass and whisk this combination.

I use a fork and whisk it for a full minute.

Then gulp it all down,, dont screw arround just chugg the damm thing.

Do this Twice a day, and usually no more than 2 or 3 days.

The High acidity of the lemon will soften up the stone.

The Olive Oil will lubricate the damm thing and your urinary tract and help

to slide the stone out.

The Other remedy is Raw or Fresh Coconut Milk. 1 Cup.

Congratulations on passing your first stone,,,,,,I feel your pain.

Charlie

I have just a comment, My buddy who is like 26-27 just had Kidney stone so its not really an old thing anymore. Anyways good luck with that, from what i hear it HURTS... more then child birth, im jus sayin what i hear.

It is man.

and FWIW I used to do a lot of Deep Cave Diving and Exploration in your area.

Minutes prior to submerging into a brand ne system was when I passed my first stone.

I was vomiting and paralized from the pain.

When the freaking thin passed I instantly felt better except for ith Immune System had triggered.

This signaled the end of my days as a deep cave exploration diver.

Surley do miss all of those little towns in the middle of no where Florida.

Man O MAN!

I hate them freaking Kidney Stones, and there is a lot to cover on this subject.

First off when you pass a stone look for traces of blood,,,,Important

Secondly, passing a stone will set off you immune responce system and so you may fell sluggish

for 2 or 3 days after.

If you have insurance, go in and get an ultra sound, or sonagram, and that will show any stones

that are or have built up.

Also save the stone that you passed, under a microscope it will either look like a ball of marbles that have been glued together

or is wil look like a cockleburr (spiney points).

The microscope will also let the doc see if there is any bleeding from the kidney's and traces of bleeding will be on the stone.

The stones are either from Calcium build up or Oxicillate's.

The Doc will order up the approiate **** tail that will help to disolve them of soften them up

so you can pass them.

If you have a large stone/s that are too big to pass then you will need to have them broken up ultra sonically.

Home Remedies:

This one is good, and you need to follow my instructions on this or you will gag horribly.

2 ounces of Olive oil and 2 ounces of Lemon juice. (1 FRESH lemon)

1 paccket of splenda to assist with the sourness of the lemon.

You want to put the ingrediants into a short cocktail glass and whisk this combination.

I use a fork and whisk it for a full minute.

Then gulp it all down,, dont screw arround just chugg the damm thing.

Do this Twice a day, and usually no more than 2 or 3 days.

The High acidity of the lemon will soften up the stone.

The Olive Oil will lubricate the damm thing and your urinary tract and help

to slide the stone out.

The Other remedy is Raw or Fresh Coconut Milk. 1 Cup.

Congratulations on passing your first stone,,,,,,I feel your pain.

Charlie

Thanks for the info Charlie. After you pass the first stone is it normal for your kidneys to still hurt and cause some pain in your back? Or does that likely indicate the presence of more stones? Thanks again.

No Coffee, Tea, Soft Drinks and etc.

Drink a gallon of water a day and be sure to drink one or 2 beers a day with it.

That'll get ya pizzin really good.

Oh yeah

Cranberry Juice is good for Maintenance, but Cherry Juice, IF you can find it is even better.

Northwoods Brand of Cranberry Juice has the Highest concentrate by volume that I have found.

Aldi's Foods has a really good Pomegranite - Cherry Frozen Concentrate that I like.

Thanks for the info Charlie. After you pass the first stone is it normal for your kidneys to still hurt and cause some pain in your back? Or does that likely indicate the presence of more stones? Thanks again.

That is likely another stone, and I am having the same pain today.

Is like a dull ache on the left .

Dont worry about the Olive Oil giving you a case of the Sheite's B)

You might as well change your user name to the Waterboy. :D

It is man.

and FWIW I used to do a lot of Deep Cave Diving and Exploration in your area.

Minutes prior to submerging into a brand ne system was when I passed my first stone.

I was vomiting and paralized from the pain.

When the freaking thin passed I instantly felt better except for ith Immune System had triggered.

This signaled the end of my days as a deep cave exploration diver.

Surley do miss all of those little towns in the middle of no where Florida.

From all the stories i hear i can honestly say that SCARES THE SHYT OUT OF ME!!! and i can't stress that enough, jus thinking about it gives me hot flashes!

I would rather get stomach flu, go bald, and have my azz cleaned out than go through that... I toast you sir, you're a bigger man than i am.

That is likely another stone, and I am having the same pain today.

Is like a dull ache on the left .

Dont worry about the Olive Oil giving you a case of the Sheite's B)

You might as well change your user name to the Waterboy. :D

:lol:

Well good humor is appreciated no matter the occassion. A little laughter usually makes most things a little better, I've found.

Its crazzy stuff.

If the stones are caused by a build up of Oxicillates, you modify your

diet and fluid intake one way.

If it is Calcium based you modify another way.

But I will tell you that by far and large the best approach to preventing

this carp is to just drink 1/2 gallon of water every day and 1 beer, later

followed up with more water.

If you have never had a stone then you could just go into a failsafe mode

and drink 1 cup of fresh coconut milk once a month or every other month.

That way if anything is building up you just eliminated it.

I advise you to see a doctor. Kidney stones can lead to (or be symptomatic of)other health issues. I have gout and that makes me a higher risk for Kidney stones.

This is true too.

A frien of mine's daughter has a rhumatoid condition that causes kidney stones

to form constantly.

She practically lives in the hospital, and undergoes mutiple surgeries.

The one thing that I failed to mention in my first post was to schedule an office visit with a Urologist.

A good GP or Internal Meds Doc will take some blood and urine samples and gather the same results and

make the same prescriptions, but will not be able to perform the ultra sonic proceedure that is used to break up any larger stones.

Plus the Urologist can give you the correct mixture to drink, that will clear the stones out.

Its crazzy stuff.

If the stones are caused by a build up of Oxicillates, you modify your

diet and fluid intake one way.

If it is Calcium based you modify another way.

But I will tell you that by far and large the best approach to preventing

this carp is to just drink 1/2 gallon of water every day and 1 beer, later

followed up with more water.

If you have never had a stone then you could just go into a failsafe mode

and drink 1 cup of fresh coconut milk once a month or every other month.

That way if anything is building up you just eliminated it.

Coconut milk is the way to go? i guess i can deal with the explosive shyts that will give me but it sure as heck beats Kidney stones. Thanks for the advice.

btw all i drink is water, i go through a couple gallons a week so im good on that.

I have had several in my life and all I can say is I feel your pain. Yea, it is possible that you have more certainly. When I had mine, the pain radiated from my lower back all the way around to my naval. Just this epic nauseating pain.And like Hammafan I also have had gout. Luckily I have not had either for a few years. Take his advice and see a doctor.