Falcons signed sixth-round S Shann Schillinger to a multi-year deal.

Falcons signed sixth-round S Shann Schillinger to a multi-year deal.

Schillinger was productive at Montana, racking up 10 interceptions and 19 passes defensed in 57 games while also boasting gaudy tackle numbers. He'll battle for a roster spot as a backup safety and special teamer.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5939

Edited by head busta from augusta

Didn't say he wouldn't make the team, but the likelyhood that He's a Falcon for a decade or more is highly unlikeley, give the kid a 1-2 year deal and let him play it out like all the 6th round picks around the league have to do.

2-year deal does qualify as a multi-year deal, ya know.

I'm sure it's probably a 3-4 year deal.

Didn't say he wouldn't make the team, but the likelyhood that He's a Falcon for a decade or more is highly unlikeley, give the kid a 1-2 year deal and let him play it out like all the 6th round picks around the league have to do.

you cant give a draft pick a 1 or 3 year deal..... from the 2nd-7th round get 3 or 4 years... The guy is making next to nothing in NFL terms so its ok

2-year deal does qualify as a multi-year deal, ya know.

I'm sure it's probably a 3-4 year deal.

http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2010/04/2010-nfl-rookie-signing-status.html

Says here it is a 4 year deal.

For most of the draft picks it should be the standard four-year, $1.79 million deal ($320,000 this year, $405,000 in 2011, $490,000 in 2012 and $575,000 in 2013) not including signing bonuses or other incentives.

Edited by Falconsin

It's called depth. And even depth needs to develop. It's much cheaper to sign a hard working UDFA or low draft pick who plays with heart than FA's who cost significantly more & tend to gripe about being on the bench. Guys like Schillinger will put in 110% effort with no ego or issues & drive others to do the same.

Rookies in depth positions have a much greater chance of turning out to be gems than some FA that you already know exactly what you're getting. If Schillinger makes the team over Giordano, then he's obviously a lot better than anyone expected & that's a great thing for us because he's so young & only going to get better.

It's called depth. And even depth needs to develop. It's much cheaper to sign a hard working UDFA or low draft pick who plays with heart than FA's who cost significantly more & tend to gripe about being on the bench. Guys like Schillinger will put in 110% effort with no ego or issues & drive others to do the same.

Rookies in depth positions have a much greater chance of turning out to be gems than some FA that you already know exactly what you're getting. If Schillinger makes the team over Giordano, then he's obviously a lot better than anyone expected & that's a great thing for us because he's so young & only going to get better.

I agree the only true comp is Giordano who has been in the league for a mintute, so it must mean something if we signed this dude to a 4 year deal, or maybe that is the standard, either way he was drafted in the 5th and has a good chance of sticking on the 53.

I can dig it. Better than my old one. Captain-Pee-Pants.

lol... thats funny

Man im trying to see how my rep get so high... last time i saw it .. it was like 300 and something... Next thing i know somebody pm me saying my rep was in the G's... good god.