Could Jenkins be good trade bait?

sharky

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well when you said "Last I remember HD played the slot with Roddy and Jenks on the outside. All 3 on the feild at the same time. Not sure why he would take Jenks job when they have different roles? " you're saying that harry cant beat out jenkins for the outside WR spot (aka #2), because harry is slot. What I am saying is that plenty of players make the transition from slot to the outside (aka#2). you are right harry plays the SLOT what i am saying is WHY dont u think harry can beat out jenkins for teh OUTSIDE position?

BTW, I think all of the coaches are caught up with welker and steve's numbers, theyre pretty substanstial.

Ok I'm not saying HD couldn't go to the outside I just think the coaches want him in the slot. Where, with his speed, he ideally fits IMO.

The numbers thing I was talking about wasn't stats it was in regards to the #1, #2 WR numbers.

Ok I'm not saying HD couldn't go to the outside I just think the coaches want him in the slot. Where, with his speed, he ideally fits IMO.

The numbers thing I was talking about wasn't stats it was in regards to the #1, #2 WR numbers.

im just saying if HD can develop into a welker or steve smith talent, then id love to see him on the outside to 1. get more playing time and 2. its a more big play making position

I dont think they will beat out Jenkins, when you think about his contract, his time in the system and the fact that he is average is going to make it extremely hard for a UDFA to beat him out. Yes it happens once in every blue moon but to think that it is a norm because 1 player did it is reaching man. Jenkins will not be replace this year by a UDFA or a 5th Round pick.

Well there's been a lot of blue moons, just ask players like:

Joe Montana

Jerry Rice

Jesse Tuggle

Carlton Williamson

Marques Colston

Lynn Cain

Terrence Mathis

Anyways, you get my point, and there's many more. Seeing is believing, and we've seen 7 years worth of Jenkins.

Well there's been a lot of blue moons, just ask players like:

Joe Montana

Jerry Rice

Jesse Tuggle

Carlton Williamson

Marques Colston

Lynn Cain

Terrence Mathis

Anyways, you get my point, and there's many more. Seeing is believing, and we've seen 7 years worth of Jenkins.

Jerry Rice? Rice was a top 16 pick. Montana and Lynn Cain were 3rd round picks hardly undrafted free agents. And it took Terrence Mathis 5 year to become a full time starter. Don't know who Carlton Williamson is sorry.

Edited by peoriabird

dont worry..all 5 of yall will get called back out by midseason..ive made a list and you are the latest inductee...

If Michael Jenkins actually blossoms into a productive starting WR in his 7th year, nobody will be happier than me. I just want the team to win the Super Bowl. They can't do it with a starting WR who is invisible 80% of the time.

Edited by Peyton

dont worry..all 5 of yall will get called back out by midseason..ive made a list and you are the latest inductee...

I just want to make sure that I am on that list, because I dont see Jenkins breaking out of what he has been either, dude has been in the league for 7 years, he shouldve broken out already.

put me down on that list too. heard an interview with TG and he said that he, Matt, & Roddy were getting together & working on timing and routes together ... no mention of Jenkins in those sessions.

I just want to make sure that I am on that list, because I dont see Jenkins breaking out of what he has been either, dude has been in the league for 7 years, he shouldve broken out already.

lol, believe you me..your name has stars by it as the first one to be called out..

Edited by crankdatfalcon

ok..+1 for providing legit evidence..but still, that doesnt really mean mj12 turned it down. Who knows what the situation was. Would it have been great if he was actually there, yes, but him not being there isnt a big deal.

ok..+1 for providing legit evidence..but still, that doesnt really mean mj12 turned it down. Who knows what the situation was. Would it have been great if he was actually there, yes, but him not being there isnt a big deal.

It means that Jenkins might become a 4th option, especially if HD recovery is on track.