Could Jenkins be good trade bait?

sharky

Just curious, but it was something I thought about last season. I mean if Harvey and Meier come in here and play to their potential and learn the system before regular season start...... Just curious. What could we get for Jenkins?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious, but it was something I thought about last season. I mean if Harvey and Meier come in here and play to their potential and learn the system before regular season start...... Just curious. What could we get for Jenkins?

If a 5th rounder and a free agent can make our WR group, we are not strong enough to be trading starters

Certain players just brings out the worst in many of the posters and I don't know why.

I wasn't trying to be mean to Michael Jenkins, but there is no way any other team in the league would want a WR that has never had more than 85 yards in a game in 6 years and makes 5 million a year. There is just no chance. If the Falcons cut him, he'd probably find a job for 2 mil a year. Nobody else would pay him 5 mil a year.

I wasn't trying to be mean to Michael Jenkins, but there is no way any other team in the league would want a WR that has never had more than 85 yards in a game in 6 years and makes 5 million a year. There is just no chance. If the Falcons cut him, he'd probably find a job for 2 mil a year. Nobody else would pay him 5 mil a year.

I probable would agree with you given the current economics of sports these days but it was the way it was said. The not being able to give him away statement was a bit over the top.

I probable would agree with you given the current economics of sports these days but it was the way it was said. The not being able to give him away statement was a bit over the top.

Only if by over the top, you mean true.

The Falcons literally could not give Michael Jenkins away. Call it over the top, neg me, whatever, but it's true.

Jenkins may disappoint as a receiver but, he is one of the best blocking wide receivers on the team if not the NFL (So a 4th or 5th round pick in return is not out of the question). He should at least flirt in having his first 1,000 yard season this year with everyone back healthy this season (and if he could just pull in some of those gimmes he drops every year).

Jenkins may disappoint as a receiver but, he is one of the best blocking wide receivers on the team if not the NFL (So a 4th or 5th round pick in return is not out of the question). He should at least flirt in having his first 1,000 yard season this year with everyone back healthy this season (and if he could just pull in some of those gimmes he drops every year).

your right we could use him at TE

What amuses me is the criticism of a player that has been a key part in our offense the last two seasons. I'll be the first to give a player heck for looking bad but that's just not the case with Jenkins. I realize he doesn't put up Pro Bowl numbers in our offense but this guy is a lot better than some of you are giving him credit for.

Jenkins role in this offense goes past his 100 catches the last two seasons. We are a 'run first' team by design. Jenkins plays a large role in our run game. I honestly believe his role as a WR may be even less this season with a healthy Turner and Douglas returning to the field. MJ12 has had 50 catches the last two seasons even with the addition of Gonzolez. He did have some key drops last season but he has also has had some clutch catches for us in the past.

I'm not saying he's the next coming of Jerry Rice. I'm just saying he doesn't warrant the criticism that some of you are giving him.

What amuses me is the criticism of a player that has been a key part in our offense the last two seasons. I'll be the first to give a player heck for looking bad but that's just not the case with Jenkins. I realize he doesn't put up Pro Bowl numbers in our offense but this guy is a lot better than some of you are giving him credit for.

Jenkins role in this offense goes past his 100 catches the last two seasons. We are a 'run first' team by design. Jenkins plays a large role in our run game. I honestly believe his role as a WR may be even less this season with a healthy Turner and Douglas returning to the field. MJ12 has had 50 catches the last two seasons even with the addition of Gonzolez. He did have some key drops last season but he has also has had some clutch catches for us in the past.

I'm not saying he's the next coming of Jerry Rice. I'm just saying he doesn't warrant the criticism that some of you are giving him.

The Falcons are run first? Did you know that the Falcons passed more than the Saints last year, and by quite a bit?

The Falcons are run first? Did you know that the Falcons passed more than the Saints last year, and by quite a bit?

don't come in here with facts LOL.

a lot of Ryan's throwaways was cause our playcalling was too predictable and somebody wasn't getting off the ball or getting separation. we need a receiver that's gonna punish DCs for focusing too much on Roddy & Gonzo ...

Why is the common defense of Jenkins the fact that he can run Block, I thought the primary responsibility of a WR is the catch the football, and whatever else you get is gravy. If Jenkins plays that big of a role in our run game then why isnt he playing on the OLine.

I dont think that Jenkins will be cut or replaced this year as a #2 WR he may see his opportunities reduced but that depends on HD getting back to 100%(physically and mentally). Expecting a 5th Rounder(Meier) and a UDFA(harvey) to replace Jenkins this year is pretty dumb if you ask me. I do think that if Jenkins doesnt step his game up, which I dont think he will be any better than he is now, dude has been in the league for 7 years and IMO what you see now is what you are going to get from Jenkins, then he will be upgraded in 2011