What's your funniest moment as a Falcon fan?

jes2400

I'm bored outa my witts, so I thought I could use a good laugh. I wanna know what funny, embarassing, wacky and/or crazy things happened to you whether you were at the game or watching it on TV at home or somewhere else.I have one, I mentioned this once before replying to a post. The game right after we signed Matt Bryant, I was in the kitchen getting a snack. The commentator said "Matt Bryant" is coming on to kick a FG. What I heard was "Matt Ryan" is coming to kick a FG.(this is why your full attention should be on the TV during the action.)I was like :blink: huh?! I turned quickly to see what was going on.(A bit of advice: never make sudden movements on a hard floor when you're in socks!) I turned slipped on the floor and ended up wearing my snack! My dog looked at me as if to say "you idiot!", which is what I felt like afterward! I'm quite sure knowing how Matt Ryan is if asked, he'd try it, but if your QB has to kick a FG, you know you're in trouble :lol: !

lmao that's hilarious, I could for sure see that happening. As for MattyIce kicking FG's, I am sure the team would ask Kroy Biermann to do it first!!!

I can't think of a funny moment right now, but an ironic one. I was talking to my buddy about how good of a coach Mike Smith was about 2 plays before he pimpslapped the Redskins. I was like see, told ya.

Well, Ok, I watching the Falcons at the Saints last year, and Brent Grimes jumped higher than I've ever seen anyone jump in my life and let out an involuntary scream -

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

My wife then came walking down the hall asking me what in the h*ll is wrong with me. As I was trying to explain to her that my reaction was an involuntary reaction to a true miracle, my son, who was 3 at the time, came stumbling out of his room crying. My wife told me "you woke him, you put him back to bed".

So, thanks Brent Grimes.

Well, Ok, I watching the Falcons at the Saints last year, and Brent Grimes jumped higher than I've ever seen anyone jump in my life and let out an involuntary scream -

OH MY GOD!!!!!!

My wife then came walking down the hall asking me what in the h*ll is wrong with me. As I was trying to explain to her that my reaction was an involuntary reaction to a true miracle, my son, who was 3 at the time, came stumbling out of his room crying. My wife told me "you woke him, you put him back to bed".

So, thanks Brent Grimes.

:lol: that was a good one! I remember that. Reminds me of our Superbowl year. After we beat the Vikings, I went out for some food. While i was waiting for my food, I stepped outside, and all you could hear were people yelling and hollering! We really love our Falcons down here in Savannah!

Almost getting kicked out of my neighborhood bar after jumping up and shouting "I cant F*@#ing believe it! We are gonna win this f*&%ing game!", right after Jenkins makes the sideline catch against the Bears. They let me stay, I guess because we are regulars, and they know we are typically pretty peaceful. :lol: I was a little embarassed, but i was completely caught up in that moment, so it was pretty funny.

Almost getting kicked out of my neighborhood bar after jumping up and shouting "I cant F*@#ing believe it! We are gonna win this f*&%ing game!", right after Jenkins makes the sideline catch against the Bears. They let me stay, I guess because we are regulars, and they know we are typically pretty peaceful. :lol: I was a little embarassed, but i was completely caught up in that moment, so it was pretty funny.

LOL

When Jenks made that catch, I jumped so high I accidently punched the lights on my ceiling fan and broke it. I was bleeding...... It was so worth it.

LOL

When Jenks made that catch, I jumped so high I accidently punched the lights on my ceiling fan and broke it. I was bleeding...... It was so worth it.

When Ryan threw to Gonzo on fourth down in the Jets game, I did what I'm sure would have looked like a crazed tribal dance to any onlooker. In the process, I slammed my shin against my coffee table so badly that I had a noticeable limp for a day or two. That was worth it too.

Mine was probably in 1998 after we stomped the Aints at the Georgia Dome. I did the Bird all the way from my seat through the concourse, weaving in and out of Who Dats then a mile down Northside Drive to my car. Complete with squawking sound effects. Embarassing.

You've been a Falcon fan since 1970, you were completely justified to act as nutty as you can. I've been an Atlanta team fan since 1980, we've been through a lot! I wen't crazy myself in'98 and when the Braves won the World Series I went so crazy I hurt myself!

I normally don't go in for showboating but when

Norwood did his high step routine starting at

about the 30 and looked over his shoulder and

was more or less eye ball to eye ball with a DB.

He quit acting like a fool and scampered in untouched.

I thought that was hilarious as it gets on the football

field.

When we won the game in ot against the bucs in 08' to almost seal us a playoff spot, I was gonna jump on my recliner chair and rock it, but I jumped over it. Pretty embarrassing, but worth it. I would've done it a thousand times to win that game

I kid you not I punched my brother as hard as I could when Roddy white made that last second catch last year.

:blink: OUCH!! If we ever wind up at a game together, remind me not to sit to close to you! The Falcons are gonna score a lot of TD's this season, :lol: your brother may need to purchase some football padding!

I bought a ticket online for us against the Bears in 2008 off eBay. The guy i bought it from was a Bears fan (he bought the ticket for a friend who couldn't make to the game) and, the majority of the row we sat in was surrounded by Bears fans. They started celebrating after they scored with 11 seconds left (It really irked me to see so many of our "fans" leave after they scored). When Matt hit Jenkins with one second left and Elam hit the game winning field goal they all looked as if they had the wind knocked out of them while I screamed my head off :D:D (I must admit he was pretty cool throughout the game unlike some opposing teams fans).

Down in Buckhead watching the 98 Falcons vs Vikings game. A friend said if the Falcons make it to the Superbowl he would streak up and down the street. Obviously the Falcons won and people filled the streets. My friend made good on his bet and without even so much as a stitch of clothing on ran up the street and back. Later I guess some lady was reporting the incident to the police and my friend now clothed went up to the police and the lady asking "what did he look like?" They had no clue. :lol:

My funniest moment was this year actually. I went to my first game in SF and all morning I was getting heckled by SF fans and as I was sitting down in my seat I could hear "Matt Ryan Fan!!!" "Matt Ryan fan turn around!!!" "OMG MATT RYAN FAN!!!!" I was so annoyed cause I thought it was another SF fan and I turned around and yelled " What the HECK do you want!!!" turns out it was another falcon fan wanting to chat about the game... I felt bad but it was funny! :lol:

Down in Buckhead watching the 98 Falcons vs Vikings game. A friend said if the Falcons make it to the Superbowl he would streak up and down the street. Obviously the Falcons won and people filled the streets. My friend made good on his bet and without even so much as a stitch of clothing on ran up the street and back. Later I guess some lady was reporting the incident to the police and my friend now clothed went up to the police and the lady asking "what did he look like?" They had no clue. :lol:

Heck! If the Falcons win a Superbowl, I just might do that! Then again, I live on a dead end dirt road in the Country, so it probably won't be much of a challenge.