UGA gets commitment #11. Nick Marshall commits to UGA.

SacFalcFan

I thought UGA stopped recruiting him Sac?

They stopped calling him for a while and then talked with him and re-offered him as a db a few days ago. I posted that in I think the memorial day thread. He was a big tech lean for weeks and then a few days ago it changed and he committed earlier today. I will need to find out what else happened there.

WHAT? This came out of nowhere. When did it go down? Great pickup for us!

Yes this came out of nowhere. Over a month they didn't have much impact at all with nick and just very recently they reoffered him and he was a big tech lean until a few days ago. He is coming in as a DB, but it's good to have a guy who can play qb like he can,b ut he will help out a ton with basketball.

Like I have said guys i was floored when i saw this come out tonight. This helps us a lot with 5 star Caldwell who is very tight with Nick. It was rumored 4 months ago that if Nick came to uga Caldwell will follow. A comment from Kentavious on Nick's commitment:

Kentavious Caldwell reacts to Nick Marshall commitment. When asked if Marshall choosing UGA helps with him..."Yeah we tight and it will change a little. "When asked when he will decide..."Later on during my senior year."

http://georgia.scout.com/2/975926.html

"Nick Marshall has committed to play for Georgia as a defensive back," Wilcox County head coach Mark Ledford said late Tuesday night.

Marshall's commitment makes for Georgia's 11th for the class of 2011. The in-state pledge adds another name to the list dubbed by Mark Richt as the 'Dream Team.'

"He and his mother called Coach Richt and told him that he was committed to Georgia," Ledford said.

Marshall was originally offered by Georgia as a quarterback, but with the commitment of Christian Lemay, the Bulldogs had a greater need in the defensive secondary.

"It was really out of the blue. Coach Richt called me a couple of weeks ago, re-offering him as a defensive back," Ledford added. "I think Nick has been thinking about it for a few weeks."

After thinking his recruiting situation over, and taking into account his chance to also play basketball at the college level, Marshall decided to pull the trigger late Tuesday night.

"We have been talking all day today about it," Ledford said. "They talked to Coach Richt tonight and let him know that he wanted to play defensive back and basketball."

"Nick and his mom left our workout today and decided to talk about it for a while - to decide what he wants to do. When they decided that's what they wanted to do they called Coach Richt and did it."

Considered one of the top, if not the top athlete in the state, Marshall will be under a football scholarship even thought he will play both sports.

"He's 6-2, 190 pounds… he's a pretty good-looking corner. Nick just felt like Georgia was the place that he wanted to go," Ledford.

CB, not safety? Sac, how does that affect our recruitment of M. Mitchell?

it doesn't.. we are taking 4 cbs this class because we have to.. boykin is going to the nfl imo and vance cuff is graduating. we need cbs bad and we need guys who fit lakatos style. we are in let's say tremendous shape for malcolm mitchell and damian swann. ;)

Interesting that he would rather play CB at UGA than QB at Tech. I guess signing his cousin last February really paid off.

Its also cause he wanted to play basketball to. And being a QB at a D1 college is a full time job. Since hes playing CB i think that will free up some time where if he was QB he would be studying and watching film