Brian Williams

Just wanted to say that if he's healthy and we keep 5 CB's we will have one of the scariest rotations in the NFL. Robinson, Williams, Grimes, Owens, and Franks all bring their own styles of play and no matter who starts we will have a nasty secondary. 100% real talk.

Excellent post.

Unfortunately Williams will have the same ? marks over his head that HD, Peria, Moore, Fin and even the Burner will have. How healthy will they be? 50%, 75% or 100%?

If Williams is at 100% expect to see some melt downs on this board cause he will take that #2 job. Dude ain't flashy but he knows this defense better than well, any DB on the roster (CB or S). A wily vet that kinda grew up in the Smitty/BVG system.

Faster than most think. Knows where he's supposed to be. Can play CB or S. Can support the run. Ain't scared of big WRs and has a knack for finding the ball.

Get ready for Peyton, Jbo and plenty others to poop on this thread.

Just wanted to say that if he's healthy and we keep 5 CB's we will have one of the scariest rotations in the NFL. Robinson, Williams, Grimes, Owens, and Franks all bring their own styles of play and no matter who starts we will have a nasty secondary. 100% real talk.

We're definitely keeping 5 cb's and we're def keeping 5 Wr's, but one of these will have a 6th person and this will be the hard part.

I would say don't forget about Chevis. He was good for a rookie his first year and went way down his 2nd year, but all signs point to up per TC info.

I don't see all 5 you mentioned and Chevis staying. I think only 5 will be chosen. I really have a gut feeling Brian Williams will be out or will be a back up Safety.

The 53 man roster this year will be the hardest to choose then ever before though and I love it.

You're right too, everybody brings something different to the table that can be considered beneficial.

Excellent post.

Unfortunately Williams will have the same ? marks over his head that HD, Peria, Moore, Fin and even the Burner will have. How healthy will they be? 50%, 75% or 100%?

If Williams is at 100% expect to see some melt downs on this board cause he will take that #2 job. Dude ain't flashy but he knows this defense better than well, any DB on the roster (CB or S). A wily vet that kinda grew up in the Smitty/BVG system.

Faster than most think. Knows where he's supposed to be. Can play CB or S. Can support the run. Ain't scared of big WRs and has a knack for finding the ball.

Get ready for Peyton, Jbo and plenty others to poop on this thread.

I definately agree with you about Williams, he was the best corner last year until he got hurt.

Yes I agree, and with that rotation I am expecting a lot more sacks and pressure from our D-Line. This might be exciting to watch!!!!

I must be totally out of sync on this guy Williams.

Jacksonville cut him did they not?

He is over 30 isn't he?

He is coming back from a blown out knee, right?

He only played a few games for us in which I saw

no special accomplishments occur. What did I miss?

I have no axe to grind with him but I don't see why

he would make the team.

He is over 30 isn't he?

he would make the team.

....And he missed 1 tackle for every 2.8 he made....

I must be totally out of sync on this guy Williams.Jacksonville cut him did they not?He is over 30 isn't he?He is coming back from a blown out knee, right?He only played a few games for us in which I sawno special accomplishments occur. What did I miss?I have no axe to grind with him but I don't see whyhe would make the team.

Williams is well, like Dominique Foxworth. Cast to the wind by their respective teams. Picked up by TD way too late in the campaign. Beat out every corner back on the roster. Started and performed. Know how to play the defense we are playing. Know how to make plays in the NFL. Grimes, Chevy, Owens, Tye, Crisp, none of em beat em out. RISE UP message boarders!

I can't see Williams making this team unless someone else gets injured... or we keep 6 CBs.

His best shot is either we keep 6, or we hide him on the PUP till mid-season and see if injuries to other players sort this thing out.

...I do love me some PUP list.

Where are you Peyton and Jaymadd?

You should be frothing at the mouth on this one.

Love the optimism of the original poster and I tend to agree.

I do agree with Knight that we will have a good rotation, but still guaranteeing that Williams will not be starting on the outside. I still dont think he was out best CB either, but he was solid, overall Grimes IMO was our best cover CB.

I do agree with Knight that we will have a good rotation, but still guaranteeing that Williams will not be starting on the outside. I still dont think he was out best CB either, but he was solid, overall Grimes IMO was our best cover CB.

I agree with the statement made earlier in the thread that while Williams was playing he was the best we had out there.

Yet I agree that looking at the season as a whole, Grimes was our best cover corner.

He is over 30 isn't he?

he would make the team.

1st 5 games with him we went 4-1 (we were leading when he was hurt)

next 5 games w/o him we went 1-4

total 11 games w/o him we went 5-6

of course not the only reason for losing record

however, i have to agree u r totally out of sync...just saying!

keep up with me peoriabird...lol, losing record the last 11 games (5-6)

You do realize that none of the teams that we beat during that 4-1 start had winning records right? And 3 out of the 4 were at home! :ph34r:

Edited by peoriabird

You do realize that none of the teams that we beat during that 4-1 start had winning records right? And 3 out of the 4 were at home! :ph34r:

im not quite sure what u want me to say other than 'u play to win the game', regardless of your opponents and their winning %

im not quite sure what u want me to say other than 'u play to win the game', regardless of your opponents and their winning %

Maybe the reason we lost was because we played tougher teams during that stretch and I doubt williams would have been that much of a help considering how inconsistent our offense was during that stretch of losses, it really didnt have much to do with williams.

Maybe the reason we lost was because we played tougher teams during that stretch and I doubt williams would have been that much of a help considering how inconsistent our offense was during that stretch of losses, it really didnt have much to do with williams.

keyword maybe...unfortunately because of that we will never know. altho the whole DEF is to blame, during that stretch most people wud agree that we were killed by our secondary play AFTER bwill was lost for the season. strong secondary play wud've made a diff in those relatively close games. at the time he was starting and playing well.

keyword maybe...unfortunately because of that we will never know. altho the whole DEF is to blame, during that stretch most people wud agree that we were killed by our secondary play AFTER bwill was lost for the season. strong secondary play wud've made a diff in those relatively close games. at the time he was starting and playing well.

You act like our pass defense was even anything more than average against bad passing teams when he was here. It wasn't, and once we started playing top tier passing teams, it showed.