Oil Spill relief raffle

Laugher

wwltvsports

Winner of raffle will be announced prior to season-opener against Minnesota. Tix can be purchased at www.saintsgulfcoastrenewal.org

Yes Falcons you can buy some also, bask in it's glory, because your team will never have them!!!

Just messing it's for a good cause.

wwltvsports

Winner of raffle will be announced prior to season-opener against Minnesota. Tix can be purchased at www.saintsgulfcoastrenewal.org

Yes Falcons you can buy some also, bask in it's glory, because your team will never have them!!!

Just messing it's for a good cause.

THAT SPILL IS ONE HECK OF'AH MESS. THANKS FOR THE INFO. :rolleyes:

You guys will think you've been dragged

through it by seasons end. :lol:

THAT SPILL IS ONE HECK OF'AH MESS. THANKS FOR THE INFO. :rolleyes:

You guys will think you've been dragged

through it by seasons end. :lol:

Yeh it's bad, the BP guys know nothing, but you can't argue, because they are paying to clean it up. People don't understand though, that BP makes less then 5% of it's profits in the Gulf, so they could easily say **** it you clean it up and roll out.

Yeh it's bad, the BP guys know nothing, but you can't argue, because they are paying to clean it up. People don't understand though, that BP makes less then 5% of it's profits in the Gulf, so they could easily say **** it you clean it up and roll out.

Just wait until it seeps further up the East Coast. Oh yeah, that in the middle of hurrican season :(

Just wait until it seeps further up the East Coast. Oh yeah, that in the middle of hurrican season :(

Yep and the more west it goes the more east the spill goes!!!! If a Hurricane hits Nola, the spill will head toward Ms, Al, and Fl.

I know it's off topic, but to save a thread, I will post it here.

Saw this on Saintsreport and it's about the Vikes-Saints game in 08 & 09.

The Vikings fans claim that there were several "late" hits that were not called. In reality, there were several hits on that would constitute a foul. All of the WERE called except one...the blow to the knees that would have nullified an interception if it had been called. Of course, all one has to do is look at the 2008 Saints/Vikings game to see an example of an "obvious" missed call that would have resulted in a turnover being nullified -- the Reggie Bush face-mask. As long as humans are officiating games, there will be missed calls.

However, using the 2008 AP down-by-contact call/review is not going to help your cause. In 2008 Hochuli called that play down-by-contact under review because, although there was some movement of the ball in AP's arms, AP's hand had not come away from the ball before his knee hit the turf, and none of the replay angles showed anything different. Hochuli made the exact same call in the 2009 Saints/Giants game after one of our LBs picked up a Manning fumble and appeared to have possibly fumbled it himself out of the endzone. In addition, if you think a ball moving before the knee hits the ground (even though the player still has his hand on the ball or still has the ball pinned between his hand and body) constitutes a loss of possession, then you would have to give the Vikings the ball in OT, because the ball CLEARLY was moving after the Viking defender's helmet hit the ball. If that constitutes a loss of possession, then PT would not benefit from forward progress and would not have been awarded the 1st on 4th down. That is what the Vikings fans are saying. They are wrong. If you believe PT lost possession in OT of the NFCC, then so did AP in 2008. The truth is, under NFL rules, neither was a loss of possession, and both were the correct call.

The Meachem catch in OT Vikings complain about was also the correct call. Many Vikings fans point to the fact that the replay showes the ball hitting the ground...and it DOES! Prior to 2000 that would NOT have been a catch. In response to the Burt Emanuel catch being overturned in the 1999 NFCC, the NFL changes the rules governing what is a catch. Previously, if the ball touched the ground at all before the process of the catch was completed, it was incomplete. Now, the ball CAN touch the ground...it can even move around slightly...as long as the player gains control before the ball touches the ground and does not let the ball touch the ground when it is out of his control. Meachem pinned the ball between his leg and hand, and his hand never came off the ball even as it hit the ground.

The Defensive Pass Interference call was also correct...but the point of contract was not obvious. See this video. Many Vikings fans say that even if there was contact, the ball was "uncatchable." Unfortunately, they don't understand what NFL officials look for when they call a ball uncatchable in a PI circumstance. Since the receiver was interfered with, there is no telling where he might have been able to get to. In that circumstance, the ball would have to land well out of bounds or well away from the player in order to be ruled uncatchable. As an actual NFL referee who reviewed my video wrote to me, "If the ball lands 10 feet out of bounds or the receiver breaks inside and the ball is thrown outside – those are good examples of uncatchable. But these athletes are so amazing, if it's in the same zip code, it's normally considered catchable."

Hey...I feel bad for Vikings fans on some level. They have been so close so many times...and they always seem to find unbelievably bizarre ways to lose. Any long-time Saints fan should be able to relate. I feel their pain.

IF THE BP GUYS SAID THAT ..... HEADS WOULD BE WHAT WOULD ROLL. :rolleyes:

Their 5% is spilling all over the place!

and that absolves them of responsibility how?

yea i watched a nat geo special on it today, these guys were saying oh how sad we lost that rig....

i am like

that rig ??????

Fux that piece of steel , what about the 11 who lost their lives , or what about the ppl who depend on the coast to eat and pay their light bill....

what about the rig ~smirks~

i have came to the conclusion , people dont deserve a place to live as beautiful as the earth ....

we should live on some desolate piece of rock where there is nothing to destroy but ourselves .....

and that absolves them of responsibility how?

Dude it doesn't, **** I work for Gary Chouest man he's letting go of 1000 people, I don't think I have anything to worry about, but **** it's true. They don't have to do a **** thing if they don't want too. They make 2 Billion a quarter in the gulf and 38 billion in other places. To them this is nothing you hear it everyday on the news.

Louisiana isn't the only place that has seafood blah blah. They don't care.

BP is done......

they will never recover from this, they will be bankrupt after they finish this clean up, they have already spent billions and havent even stopped the dam leak , even after they stop the leak, and clean up the gulf ,they will still have so many lawsuits that they wont recover ....

Shell and Exxon already have their Vampires ready to sink their teeth in.....

BP is done......

BP is done......

they will never recover from this, they will be bankrupt after they finish this clean up, they have already spent billions and havent even stopped the dam leak , even after they stop the leak, and clean up the gulf ,they will still have so many lawsuits that they wont recover ....

BP is done......

That I will agree on...

We playing COD later?

That I will agree on...

We playing COD later?

i will fire it up after my poker tourney tonight... havent played but 1 day with the new maps, been pretty busy this week, gonna be more busy next week....thats a good thing tho, busy means $$$$$ :wub:

Dude it doesn't, **** I work for Gary Chouest man he's letting go of 1000 people, I don't think I have anything to worry about, but **** it's true. They don't have to do a **** thing if they don't want too. They make 2 Billion a quarter in the gulf and 38 billion in other places. To them this is nothing you hear it everyday on the news.

Louisiana isn't the only place that has seafood blah blah. They don't care.

Last I heard there were going to investigate and possibly level criminal negligence charges against those responsible. Seems to me that taking a WTF approach would be pretty stupid at this point. I have also heard that some folks are organizing a boycott of BP as it is. What would happen if they make everyone angry? They might make only 5% in the gulf but they make a ton selling it to consumers who have a choice at every corner. I can tell you that if they took a " what are you going to do about it" appraoch they would be in a world of hurt if everyone took their business somewhere else.

BP is done......

BP is done......

Don't know about that. I have heard many stories including the conspiracy theories that this was planed so that Obama could pass his global warming initiatives and the carbon credit nonsense. Who's the leading company behind the carbon credit legislation? BP. So they stand to more than make up with they are losing if this nonsense goes forward.

A noble cause, I sent money for the Katrina disaster and already gave to this in a disaster relief fund for gulf residents. That poor area has been besieged with tragedy the last fews years!

Agreed. This is going to have ramifications across all of America before its over. We are only seeing the beginning of that today. Jobs, industries, personal welfare and more is going to be compromised.

http://www.celebritiesforcharity.org/raffle/Saints-Gulf-Coast-Renewal-Raffle/

Tickets are $2.00 each ... 5 Ticket minimum.

Entry Deadline: 11:00:00 AM EDT Thursday, September 9, 2010

Drawing Date: Thursday, September 9, 2010

Grand Prize:

Winner will receive an authentic New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Ring (the same exact ring the players receive)

Winner will be announced at the Nationally Televised New Orleans Saints Season Opener on September 9, 2010

Winner will receive a cash prize in the amount of $2,178.00 to mitigate the Winner's tax liability that results from winning the raffle. This prize is withheld and paid, on behalf of the Winner, directly to the IRS ($1,800.00) and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts ($378.00)

Proceeds Benefit: New Orleans Saints Charitable Foundation & CFC

Help the New Orleans Saints in their efforts to help those affected by the Gulf Coast Oil Spill and, you could be wearing your own New Orleans Saints Super Bowl Ring.

netRaffle.org is a patented business model designed to provide Fans access to "Never in Lifetime type Prizes" while helping celebrities to raise funds to support their charitable causes. Direct expenses amount to approximately 8.5% of the minimum $10.00 transaction and 5% of the $25.00 average transaction. Leaving between 87.5 and 90% for charity after the 5% Massachusetts Charitable Gaming Tax is paid."

Also, for your peace of mind, rest assured that CFC uses PCI compliant state of the art security, including secure routers, to process your transaction and does not store any of your confidential credit card information so that your transactions are fully secure.

While this experience of a lifetime is priceless, the fair market value of the tangible prizes (e.g., as applicable in any given raffle, hotel, travel, meals, tickets, taxes, etc.) is $7,200. Also, Winners will be notified and do not need to be present at the drawing to Win.

Edited by SaintRay