TE Michael Palmer

hawkeye

I wouldn't sleep on him. I know a lot of ppl also like Peek including me. But don't sleep on Palmer. Also besides

the punt returning ability of Harvey, he is a VERY good blocker.(Schillinger can verify that from their college

days. Even tho it was a crackback block) But I like all 4: Peek, Harvey, Palmer, and Wolfe.

I wouldn't sleep on him. I know a lot of ppl also like Peek including me. But don't sleep on Palmer. Also besides

the punt returning ability of Harvey, he is a VERY good blocker.(Schillinger can verify that from their college

days. Even tho it was a crackback block) But I like all 4: Peek, Harvey, Palmer, and Wolfe.

I'm high on Peek and Harvey.

I haven't heard anything about Wolfe since we signed him. I have heard about Palmer though, but moreso Peek.

I think that Peek will make the team as a 3rd TE. I like him over Palmer because I think he is a better blocker.

Same thing with Harvey, I ahve heard he is a great blocker, but I think he will be on PS and then next year look for him to move up and take Finneran's spot once he retires.

Palmer is a breast.

He's got incredible agility, speed and hands for 6'6'' 255lbs. Easily more of a pass catcher than blocker, but his blocking isn't shabby either.

He will challenge for that #2 and 3 TE spot for sure.

I can see that happening as well. The position battles all around is awesome. But don't underestimate Peele. He was productive for us when Hartsock when down 2 years ago and he made some nice catches and runs last year when he was given the opportunity. But this could really go either way.

I think Peek will make the team as the 3rd TE over Zinger, Peek is like Peele IMO, but probably has the potential to be a better blocker. IMO Palmer will probably make the team as a member of the Practice Squad, but it could go either way with those two but I think one will make the 53 and the other will be on the PS.

I'm high on Peek and Harvey.

I haven't heard anything about Wolfe since we signed him. I have heard about Palmer though, but moreso Peek.

I think that Peek will make the team as a 3rd TE. I like him over Palmer because I think he is a better blocker.

Same thing with Harvey, I ahve heard he is a great blocker, but I think he will be on PS and then next year look for him to move up and take Finneran's spot once he retires.

You want a blocking/catching TE but I feel that they can be taught to block. Now days the league loves TE's that

can catch more.(blocking is 2nd IMO) I really think Palmer has a little advantage right now, but I'm thinking like

Jaymadd, one on the 53 man roster and one on the PS.

I think Peek will make the team as the 3rd TE over Zinger, Peek is like Peele IMO, but probably has the potential to be a better blocker. IMO Palmer will probably make the team as a member of the Practice Squad, but it could go either way with those two but I think one will make the 53 and the other will be on the PS.

^^^^^this.

agree w/ jaymadd....probably by next year(2011) both will be on 53 man roster but cannot afford to have two rooks backing up Gonzo right now. For this year(2010) Peele sticks around for another year, Zinger gets cut, Peek is 3rd TE and Palmer makes PS and gets a year to get his blocking up to NFL standards(if its not already).

Edited by g-dawg

Harvey's only chance at making this team is if he can perform on punt/kickoff coverage units...and I think he can.

He is an OK receiver, but is not a valid returner...he tries to make too many moves, and only avg 7.1 yards/return in college.

Palmer and Peek both are on the outside of making the roster...and too many people marginalize Zinger's abilities. He wouldnt have gotten significant PT last season if the coaches didnt think he wasnt capable.

Harvey's only chance at making this team is if he can perform on punt/kickoff coverage units...and I think he can.

He is an OK receiver, but is not a valid returner...he tries to make too many moves, and only avg 7.1 yards/return in college.

Palmer and Peek both are on the outside of making the roster...and too many people marginalize Zinger's abilities. He wouldnt have gotten significant PT last season if the coaches didnt think he wasnt capable.

Sorry dude in the limited time that I have seen Zinger he pass catching ability is not that good and was bought in to be a blocking TE. Zinger has not made much of an impression on me and combined with the fact that we signed 3 TE doesnt speak to well about the Future of Zinger.

Sorry dude in the limited time that I have seen Zinger he pass catching ability is not that good and was bought in to be a blocking TE. Zinger has not made much of an impression on me and combined with the fact that we signed 3 TE doesnt speak to well about the Future of Zinger.

I agree wholeheartedly. I don't even think Zinger will be close to staying with the team. Unless his progression has taken a monstrous leap, he will most likely be one of the first cuts

hahaha...and you dont think teams use blocking TE's?

Blocking TE's are on rosters alllll over the NFL...and we are a run first team.

We could stash one of the UDFA on the PS and no one will blink. Let him develop that way.

You want a blocking/catching TE but I feel that they can be taught to block. Now days the league loves TE's that

can catch more.(blocking is 2nd IMO) I really think Palmer has a little advantage right now, but I'm thinking like

Jaymadd, one on the 53 man roster and one on the PS.

I agree the league as a whole are looking for that dynamic pass-catching TE, but I think in our offensive scheme we are looking for that perfect mix.

This is the same reason we didn't sign lj smith last year. He has great hands but his blocking was severely lacking.

I do also agree that blocking can be taught but I think its easier to teach someone how to catch.

It all depends on if the coaches treasure a catching te or a blocking te more and from what the coaches have been doing since they have been here they treasure the latter.

It also depends on if palmer's blocking is better than peek's catching. Whoever has the worst 2nd attribute will be on PS

We could stash one of the UDFA on the PS and no one will blink. Let him develop that way.

What do you think that Peek is he is a blocking TE, but is a better receiver than Zinger, Zinger's hands are terrible IMO. Peek is primarily known for his blocking, Palmer is more known as a Recieving TE which is why I think he will be on the PS and Peek will replace Zinger.

We probably use blocking TE's the most or near. But the fact that he can't catch at all weighs heavily on his roster spot.

I personally don't think his blocking outweighs the fact that Peek can do both pretty well. And I don't think his blocking outweighs Palmer's catching ability.

I'm sorry but I just don't see ot for zinger. He dropped his only pass he was thrown to last year and the year before he fumbled his only catch at a crucial time if I'm not mistaken.

What do you think that Peek is he is a blocking TE, but is a better receiver than Zinger, Zinger's hands are terrible IMO. Peek is primarily known for his blocking, Palmer is more known as a Recieving TE which is why I think he will be on the PS and Peek will replace Zinger.

On the wr topic we weren't on the same page but on the TE subject we are thinking exactly alike.

Palmer started and blocked for 3 years at Clemson until his senior year when new HC Swinney involved him in the passing game, and he earned 1st Team All-ACC. He's a solid blocker with good speed and great hands. Palmer will make the team. Peek and Zinger seem to be solid as well, either way we get the best guys on the field.

We probably use blocking TE's the most or near. But the fact that he can't catch at all weighs heavily on his roster spot.

I personally don't think his blocking outweighs the fact that Peek can do both pretty well. And I don't think his blocking outweighs Palmer's catching ability.

I'm sorry but I just don't see ot for zinger. He dropped his only pass he was thrown to last year and the year before he fumbled his only catch at a crucial time if I'm not mistaken.

First of all, we have really no idea how bad or good Zinger is at this point at catching the ball. If he was as bad as everyone says he is, he wouldnt have been on this roster for 2 seasons.

He also wouldnt have played in 15 games last year, with 2 starts.

Its probably better to label his catching "Nothing special", considering he has only been a target one time last season.

And about the fumble, that was Jason Rader,senor.

I have no problem with the best player taking a spot...but people COMPLETELY marginalize a player when he isnt flashy, is very cheap, but plays in special packages and plays special teams.

And also, if we stash Palmer or Peek on the PS, no one will notice...and they can continue to develop.

First of all, we have really no idea how bad or good Zinger is at this point at catching the ball. If he was as bad as everyone says he is, he wouldnt have been on this roster for 2 seasons.

Its probably better to label his catching "Nothing special", considering he has only been a target one time last season.

I have no problem with the best player taking a spot...but people COMPLETELY marginalize a player when he isnt flashy, is very cheap, but plays in special packages and plays special teams.

And also, if we stash Palmer or Peek on the PS, no one will notice...and they can continue to develop.

I have been to a few practices and have witnessed Zingers ability to catch the ball first hand, it may have been a bad day but it happens, HOpefully he has improved, but we did bring in a few TE, so I really think Zinger is definitely on the bubble and considering that Peek came from a Pro-Style system that emphasizes a power running game, then I have to think that Peek may not be that behind the eight ball.

Palmer is a much better all-around player. If Peek is the better blocker, it is not by much and it is not even a question when it comes to which is the better receiver.

There is nothing NOT to like about Palmer. I am surprised that he went undrafted. I honestly think he can and will be a starting TE in the NFL.

in regards to the fumble I said "if I'm not mistaken". I guess I was mistaken, so that's fine.

also somebody said it themselves that he was a blocking te and not a catching one.

please don't throw out how many games he has been in to validate your case. this just means he played on special teams and how many times was his name registered as having a st tackle or making a key block on a return.

and finally, he was on the roster for the past 2 seasons as a rookie and sophomore, obviously the coaches were giving him a chance to develop. I just dont think that he has progressed and this is why they brought in 2 other TE's to compete.

Palmer is a much better all-around player. If Peek is the better blocker, it is not by much and it is not even a question when it comes to which is the better receiver.

There is nothing NOT to like about Palmer. I am surprised that he went undrafted. I honestly think he can and will be a starting TE in the NFL.

Really at this point this is all based on personal opinion. I am basing my like for Peek over Palmer on personal opinion, but also what I've heard of him in OTA's and such. I have heard more about what he has done this spring/summer than I have of Palmer.

But I do hope for the best man to win, whomever it is.

in regards to the fumble I said "if I'm not mistaken". I guess I was mistaken, so that's fine.

also somebody said it themselves that he was a blocking te and not a catching one.

please don't throw out how many games he has been in to validate your case. this just means he played on special teams and how many times was his name registered as having a st tackle or making a key block on a return.

and finally, he was on the roster for the past 2 seasons as a rookie and sophomore, obviously the coaches were giving him a chance to develop. I just dont think that he has progressed and this is why they brought in 2 other TE's to compete.

"Please dont throw out how many games he has been in to validate your case."

You do realize that makes absolutely no sense. If the coaches didnt think he could contribute in some form or fashion, he simply would not have been on the active roster...he would have always been inactive, or on the PS.

And what exactly is the problem with playing well on special teams? For the record, I also said "special packages", and he was...he started 2 games, and took over 100 snaps in our offense. Not a ton by any stretch, but he was still getting PT on the offense.

I have no beef with Palmer or Peek, and I want the best TE to rise among the three guys...but too quickly people fall in love with UDFA scrub players because they were awesome in college.

The staff brought in extra TE's because competition is obviously a good thing, and because every team always brings in lots of extra scrub players. Maybe Zinger will continue to make improvements in the offseason, and come out ready to battle...or maybe one of the P boyos will rise up and take his place. Heck, maybe one of the 2 UDFA's will make the roster, and the other the PS...who knows.

"Please dont throw out how many games he has been in to validate your case."

You do realize that makes absolutely no sense. If the coaches didnt think he could contribute in some form or fashion, he simply would not have been on the active roster...he would have always been inactive, or on the PS.

And what exactly is the problem with playing well on special teams? For the record, I also said "special packages", and he was...he started 2 games, and took over 100 snaps in our offense. Not a ton by any stretch, but he was still getting PT on the offense.

I have no beef with Palmer or Peek, and I want the best TE to rise among the three guys...but too quickly people fall in love with UDFA scrub players because they were awesome in college.

The staff brought in extra TE's because competition is obviously a good thing, and because every team always brings in lots of extra scrub players. Maybe Zinger will continue to make improvements in the offseason, and come out ready to battle...or maybe one of the P boyos will rise up and take his place. Heck, maybe one of the 2 UDFA's will make the roster, and the other the PS...who knows.

I have no problem with somebody being a good special teams player. Matter of fact if you were to read my post I mentioned him not being mentioned as one.

What makes you think he is so good as a st player. Just because he made the roster and hasn't been inactive. He could've been the 53rd choice. So our 3rd string te can't be upgraded?

What has zinger shown in any of our games to claim his spot can't be taken over?

I've seen some of his offensive snaps and most of the time he has been in there as an extra blocker on the goalline or a ghost route on a rollout. And thru all 100 of those snaps he is a ghost.

Also I'm not basing it off of ncaa really. I'm basing my claim on what I haven't heard about zinger the last 2 years and what I have heard about the other 2 the last 2 weeks.

Edited by ATLbound