Do we have any rookie draftees that can make the Pro Bowl?

sharky

Spoon is the only one that has a shot to make it. Peters won't make it for many reasons. One is that 3rd round picks are usually drafted to either develop or be role players. Granted there have been exceptions, it's usually not at DT, especially not in the NFC where there are a lot of standout DT's.

LBers have more of a shot than most other positions, for the mere fact that 5 go every year. In contrast, only 3 DT's go.

Spoon is the only one that has a shot to make it. Peters won't make it for many reasons. One is that 3rd round picks are usually drafted to either develop or be role players. Granted there have been exceptions, it's usually not at DT, especially not in the NFC where there are a lot of standout DT's.

LBers have more of a shot than most other positions, for the mere fact that 5 go every year. In contrast, only 3 DT's go.

That make sense.

I ask this b/c I think Spoon can and probably will make it, and depending on how much time Peters get, I believe he can make it also, that is if Jerry can't make it back this year. Thoughts.

i strongly doubt spoon will make the pro bowl

1. hes a rookie OLB playing in a 4-3 zone (the 3-4 pass rushers will get most votes) 2. hes on the falcons 3. theres only 3 spots and he has to beat all the other rookies out plus some big names like:

demarcus ware, ernie simms, brian orakpo, clay mathews, lance briggs, thomas davis, joey porter, brian cushing

hes gotta have to have one h3ll of a season to make the pro bowl, and at this point we dont even know if he will start (altho its highly probable)

Pro-Bowl is mostly a popularity contest, so the ones who make it are generally the big names in big markets. So DTs don't have much of a name unless they have a monster year, so Peters will not make it unless he explodes into a Godzilla year. Spoon will not either unless he does the same, which is possible but not likely. He should have decent stats, but will be in rotation with Nicholas and Peterson so I highly doubt it.

Ryan has good name recog, Turner, White, and Gonzales all have decent shots. Lofton is getting there but again, too many other big names in larger markets ie Dallas, Washington, and New York all of which the TV talking heads love. So don't get your hopes up, unless someone explodes and has monster year. I hope it happens but even then don't count out the TV idiot bias against Atlanta and southern Teams.

Thats a pretty ignorant thing to say. Especially since LBers have more players to compete with because there's more of them on the field during the season. :rolleyes:

A better argument would have been that the transition from college to the pros is much easier at the LBer position than others.

Edited by Barnicle442

Thats a pretty ignorant thing to say. Especially since LBers have more players to compete with because there's more of them on the field during the season. :rolleyes:

A better argument would have been that the transition from college to the pros is much easier at the LBer position than others.

And Spoon will blossom sooner than later.

No.

Has any Falcon rookie ever made the pro Bowl? Can't remember but don't think so.

I don't think you guys know what it takes to make a Pro Bowl.

It ain't the popularity contest I keep hearing about.

I say pull up the the 1998 Falcon tapes and watch Keith Brooking. Made a lot of plays but rode a lot of bench and got nowhere near a Pro Bowl. I expect a similar season from Spoon.

This is the NF freakin L. Not the SEC.

Come on people. Our LBs made a lot of mistakes last year but they were the best LB core I've seen since....maybe the 98 crew (Jesse, Cornelius and Crockett). Spoon will have his work cut out for him.

No.

Has any Falcon rookie ever made the pro Bowl? Can't remember but don't think so.

I don't think you guys know what it takes to make a Pro Bowl.

It ain't the popularity contest I keep hearing about.

I say pull up the the 1998 Falcon tapes and watch Keith Brooking. Made a lot of plays but rode a lot of bench and got nowhere near a Pro Bowl. I expect a similar season from Spoon.

This is the NF freakin L. Not the SEC.

Come on people. Our LBs made a lot of mistakes last year but they were the best LB core I've seen since....maybe the 98 crew (Jesse, Cornelius and Crockett). Spoon will have his work cut out for him.

I disagree, I'm not saying he's a lock by any means, but the last few years we've seen some very Pro-Bowl worthy performances from Rookie LBs. Willis (made it), Mayo (DROY), Lofton(could have), Matthews (made it replaced Briggs), Cushing (made it, I know, I know) all had fantastic rookie seasons.

I wouldn't count him out.

I don't ever say much because some people think just because they know stats that there right and I'm not goin to tell them there wrong but in this topic I would say meier. The Falcons really only have Tony as a route runner. We need a Wes or a Stokley!!