Best Manager to replace Bobby Cox

Warrior999

Best Manager to replace Bobby Cox  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Best Manager to replace Bobby Cox

• Bobby Valentine
    • Fredi Gonzalez
    • Other

Simple answer is because I wanted to. Back to Valentine his record speak for itself and also his success overseas speak for itself. My personal choice is Fredi Gonzalez. If the Marlins do not fire him or refuse to trade him to us. Valentine to me a great fallback plan. Eddie Perez wouldn't be that bad of a choice. I prefer someone who has already been a Manager and successful at it.

John Smoltz.

That would be AWESOME!

Here's my "wish list" for next manager..

Dale Murphy

Smoltzy

TP

Maddox (I think he would make a very good coach)

Griffey Jr. (his dad didn't do so bad for us)

Phil Welman (Minor League Braves manager that has a temper....because after Bobby, it would just be weird not having a manager so willing to argue with the Umps until he gets tossed)

Pete Rose

**EDIT**

Almost forgot, if Chipper retires at the end of this season with Bobby, I would LOVE to see him become manager of some kind.

Edited by MorganGrafixx

That would be AWESOME!

Here's my "wish list" for next manager..

Dale Murphy

Smoltzy

TP

Maddox (I think he would make a very good coach)

Griffey Jr. (his dad didn't do so bad for us)

Phil Welman (Minor League Braves manager that has a temper....because after Bobby, it would just be weird not having a manager so willing to argue with the Umps until he gets tossed)

Pete Rose

**EDIT**

Almost forgot, if Chipper retires at the end of this season with Bobby, I would LOVE to see him become manager of some kind.

new hitting coach....i'd take it. ^_^

I guess I'm the only one night overly impressed with Freddie Gonzalez. His in-game decisions, especially his bullpen management, seem fairly poor.

No, I'm with you on that. But he's the only one of him, TP, EP and CJ or any other guy mentioned that has a track record. I'm obviously excluding Bobby Valentine.

I think Eddie P managed our Venuzuelan team or something.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy over at BleacherReport.com put together a list of likely replacement candidates. I have no idea what he's basing it on, but is seems fairly reasonable to me. From most to least likely on his list:

1. Terry Pendleton

2. Eddie Perez

3. Glenn Hubbard

4. Bobby Valentine

5. Grady Little

6. Freddi Gonzalez

7. Roger McDowell

8. Dave Brundage

9. Carlos Tosca

10. Don Baylor

I'm gonna go with "other" and say Wellman. Like it was stated earlier, it would be hard to imagine a Braves manager not arguing with an ump.

I also saw were Smoltz was mentioned, how about Glavine?

i think i'd become a National's fan if i had to see Glavine 162 times a year. :wacko: