This is going to be a big series for the Braves

LouDog

After splitting the series with LA, we really need to come out and sweep the DBacks 4 strait. We have a 2 game lead on the Phillies but have the Twins and Tampa Bay coming up after the Arizona series. The Phillies appear to be coming out of there slump so we need to have a semi comfortable lead over them going into the Minnesota series. If we could sweep Arizona and start the Minnesota series with a 3 or 4 game lead on the Phillies it would be huge. Also Im hoping Heyward can get it going this series so that he will be hot for the rest of the roadtrip

Edited by LouDog

This is an important series...but it's not that big yet. We do have a 2 game lead over the Phillies, but if we can at least split the series, our lead shouldn't evaporate. The Phillies' next series after the Marlins:

3 games @ BOS (33-25)

3 Games @ NY Yankees (35-22)

3 Games vs Twins (33-24)

Even though we have a tough schedule ahead, so do they. We will see how it all plays out.

Get at least a split here against AZ, and we should continue to be ok. I don't see our lead expanding to 5 or so games by the end of June, but as long as we at least split on the road, continue to destroy at home, and get some of our injured guys back to 100% (Heyward and JJ especially), we should be in good shape.

After splitting the series with LA, we really need to come out and sweep the DBacks 4 strait.

No, they don't. It's important in the sense that every game is important, but saying it's a Must Sweep situation is kind of silly.

I think sweep is too much to ask with KK pitching one of the games. But anything less than 3 of 4 would be awful.

Instead of "awful", I like to use the word unacceptable. Some get a big kick out of that word. Lol!

But I agree with your view.

Sweeps are always nice...but I don't think it's a must. I definitely want us to take at least 3 but I won't be too upset unless we get swept or only get 1 (it is AZ).

Well said. If we can split with a good team like the Dodgers on the road(that's acceptable and very good), then we should be able to win at least 3 vs a bad team like the Backs. Their pitching staff has an ERA over 5. Now their bats do hit much better at home, but hopefully our pitchers can stop that. We need our starters to go deep in the innings and give our BP some much needed rest.

We need to have a good comfortable lead going into the series vs the Rays. They have the best road record in baseball. So that scares me some right there. I think if we split or take 3/4 from the D-backs, we will be good. Then turn that and take the twins series, I could see Atlanta up by at least 5 games on the Philthies going into the series against the Rays.