2010 is Ryan's year

hawkeye

For Ryan, the 2010 season will be met with plenty of expectations. As one of the top young quarterbacks in the league, with an offense that can score, the sky may be the limit. Ryan and Wire both said they watched the Super Bowl knowing they were close to where they needed to be in order to challenge the likes of New Orleans and other NFC contenders.

“We played them tough twice last year and if we make some plays here or there we come out with a different result at the end of those two football games,” Ryan said. “We know we’re close but with that said when you’re close you have to focus on the details during the offseason to make sure the one or two plays that make a difference in a game are going your way.”

Ryan has had a chance to sit back and embrace his opportunity as the Falcons quarterback. When he was drafted No. 1 three years ago, Michael Vick still loomed large over the city of Atlanta. Ryan and the organization have since move forward.

“Obviously there was a lot to step into in that situation a couple of years ago but I think not only myself but our coaching staff has done a great job. Thomas Dimitroff, our general manager, we’ve all kind of been there the same amount of time and I think everyone has stepped into that role really well,” Ryan said.

Ryan also said he’s gotten better this offseason. He threw for 2,916 yards and 22 touchdowns a season ago as the Falcons went 8-8.

The NFL has become a young quarterbacks league with the likes of Ryan, Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers and Detroit’s Matt Stafford all stepping into starting and starring roles the past couple of seasons.

“That’s kind of the way the NFL went. You don’t have as much time. The grace period is much shorter than it used to be. You have to produce when you get out there. I think one of the great perks of the NFL now is that there are a lot of great young quarterbacks,” Ryan said.

“I think the NFL is at a good place right now. There’s a lot of good young talent, good young quarterbacks and it’s exciting to play in.”

http://blog.pennlive.com/patriotnewssports/2010/06/atlanta_falcons_star_qb_matt_r.html

1. Some ppl still don't know we finally had BTB winning seasons.

2. This is my point about Peters I was making in my other thread.

I am excited to see what Matt does this year. I think he is at the point now where the game is starting to slow down. He will be able to pick teams apart this year. Look for him to set career highs this year. As long as we can protect him better. I noticed between 2008 and 2009 the protection was not as good for Matt. Could have been the harder schedule and facing a lot of good defenses.

Guest Gritz

I am excited to see what Matt does this year. I think he is at the point now where the game is starting to slow down. He will be able to pick teams apart this year. Look for him to set career highs this year. As long as we can protect him better. I noticed between 2008 and 2009 the protection was not as good for Matt. Could have been the harder schedule and facing a lot of good defenses.

It wasn't just that it was good defenses....I think it was because he saw a lot of 3-4 defenses....a steady diet of them....plus he didn't have a consistently effective Michael Turner to keep the defenses guessing or a Harry Douglas as a slot safety valve to bring up to the line some CBs and even safeties....

Lots of stuff goes into the pot to make an NFL QB's year.....

and it was still pretty good DESPITE all of the above.

This is at least the 4th time I've seen that we only went 8-8 last year.

Still - with all the bad stuff you hear every day - this is so refreshing. I love hearing that our players are out giving back and doing it with a smile.

With the thousand variables that are different from college to the NFL, this comparison is probably not a fair one at all. That being said ... after playing a decent portion of sophomore and all of junior year, Ryan just exploded senior year at BC. It was as though everything had clicked into place, snapped into focus, and we were ready to dominate. Sure wouldn't mind a similar third year on the pro level. tongue.gif

And, seriously, I'm sick of this 8-8 business. I'm beginning to feel like I hallucinated the win in Ray J.

For Ryan, the 2010 season will be met with plenty of expectations. As one of the top young quarterbacks in the league, with an offense that can score, the sky may be the limit. Ryan and Wire both said they watched the Super Bowl knowing they were close to where they needed to be in order to challenge the likes of New Orleans and other NFC contenders.

"We played them tough twice last year and if we make some plays here or there we come out with a different result at the end of those two football games," Ryan said. "We know we're close but with that said when you're close you have to focus on the details during the offseason to make sure the one or two plays that make a difference in a game are going your way."

Ryan has had a chance to sit back and embrace his opportunity as the Falcons quarterback. When he was drafted No. 1 three years ago, Michael Vick still loomed large over the city of Atlanta. Ryan and the organization have since move forward.

"Obviously there was a lot to step into in that situation a couple of years ago but I think not only myself but our coaching staff has done a great job. Thomas Dimitroff, our general manager, we've all kind of been there the same amount of time and I think everyone has stepped into that role really well," Ryan said.

Ryan also said he's gotten better this offseason. He threw for 2,916 yards and 22 touchdowns a season ago as the Falcons went 8-8.

The NFL has become a young quarterbacks league with the likes of Ryan, Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers and Detroit's Matt Stafford all stepping into starting and starring roles the past couple of seasons.

"That's kind of the way the NFL went. You don't have as much time. The grace period is much shorter than it used to be. You have to produce when you get out there. I think one of the great perks of the NFL now is that there are a lot of great young quarterbacks," Ryan said.

"I think the NFL is at a good place right now. There's a lot of good young talent, good young quarterbacks and it's exciting to play in."

http://blog.pennlive..._qb_matt_r.html

1. Some ppl still don't know we finally had BTB winning seasons.

2. This is my point about Peters I was making in my other thread.

I don't understand #2 point about Peters. Elaborate plz?

Look for much more no-huddle this season.

GO FALCONS !!!!!!!!!!!