Peters is key to the D

Peters will probably have to step up and fast. With Babs situation and I just don't think PJ will be ready when

the season starts, I think Peters will get thrown into the fire from day 1. Since we are relying on the push up

the middle, Peters will be the man. I have confidence in him tho. Especially since he had a great career in

college(SEC). I know it's a different game from college to the NFL, but obviously TD thought a lot about Peters

to take him in the 3rd round. Time will tell but I'm trusting TD on this one.

I think Peria will be back but he will be in a heavy rotation with Peters.... Peters has been lining up as the 2nd team NT....

Ao i do think Peters will be counted on in a heavy rotation... The guy was the best DT in the SEC last year... He will be counted on to contribute.

I just hope Dimifroff does not become trapped by his own words.

If we were fairly certain that Jerry and Babs were going to miss time ... It does not make sense to me that we eliminated Henderson so early in the discussion.

I think we are all about younger players and building thru the draft.

We are ... But imagine if Peria and Jon were out at the same time. I love Peters, but getting Henderson at a somewhat reasonable price should not be eliminated.

I don't know but didn't Smitty or TD say in an interview that they wouldn't persue Henderson?

I think we haven't made a move on Henderson because the Coaching staff likes where Peria Jerry is in his rehab.... If he has a set back... I can see us getting Henderson but until then.... No Henderson

great minds...

But I do not like TD's public elimination of the possibility of getting Henderson.

TD did ... Hence my point.

Makes me think that they are optimistic on jerry's return and babs suspension will be minimal and later In the year.

I'm just not optimistic on PJ and Williams as I am with HD and Moore. And I think these suspensions would come

off the top rather than later.(Big Ben and Ojinnaka)

I'm just not optimistic on PJ and Williams as I am with HD and Moore. And I think these suspensions would come

From what William Moore has said.. Peria is on schedule.... I think we will heavily rotate him with Peters because we wont put major playing time on him at first....

If the tea wasnt happy with his rehab... We would have atleast discussed the Henderson or shown some type of interest in him.

those cases have reached their final legal resolution...no telling on Babs.

Bottomline ... If you think both Jerry and Babs can be out at the beginning of the season ... It is a shame TD has stated they will not pursue Henderson. I guess things can change ... But this is not the Oakland Raiders ... This team does not play smoke and mirrors in public forums...they would just not say anything.

i'm happy with weatherspoon and he may have been the best pick in rd 1 for us of all. i think we had a lot of issues in coverage from LB position last year, but i think it was better than 08. this year could be better yet if spoons young legs can take on a starting role from day one. peterson may have tired down the stretch, but if he has nicholas as a back up to keep him fresh like biermann did for abraham, the whole D could benefit. nicholas played solely in nichel in 08 and they liked him in that role so much that they started wire when boley fell out of favor and was benched.

i'm happy with weatherspoon and he may have been the best pick in rd 1 for us of all. i think we had a lot of issues in coverage from LB position last year, but i think it was better than 08. this year could be better yet if spoons young legs can take on a starting role from day one. peterson may have tired down the stretch, but if he has nicholas as a back up to keep him fresh like biermann did for abraham, the whole D could benefit. nicholas played solely in nichel in 08 and they liked him in that role so much that they started wire when boley fell out of favor and was benched.

I agree that when Graham and Morgan off the board... Spoon was our best choice.... I like Brian Price but Spoon was the best pick... I think he can make a difference similar to Cushing (without the roids) .

I think Nicholas should start tho...

I've got a little game I'd like to play if you guy's want to. Now we all know that stats never tell the whole story on a player because there are things that cant be measured but they can give insight to production. One thing to keep in mind is the competition that the players face week in and week out. Anyway here's the game, I'm listing some stats for Peters and the DT's that were taken in the first round.

I'm leaving Suh out because his stats are so dominate that you could pick him out easily. See if you guys can pick which stats go with which player. You can reply and just put the names in.

Games Solo Tackles Total Tackles Tackles for Loss Sacks

49 87 152 27 11.5

40 41 83 32.5 14.5

52 79 195 24 16

45 79 150 25 7

45 44 104 25.5 14.5

I really don't expect much out of Peters. Its rare for a 1st round D tackle to excel their first year and Peters was a 3rd (not that round selected in determines how well a player actually performs). I think its more on Babs to have an even more dominate season than he had last year. TD has been pretty money on his 3rd round picks so i'm hopeful that Peters will be the next in a long long line of great draft picks.

Edited by ltstorm2

My dark horse to be a huge contributor early on in the season is Trey Lewis. He was extremely rusty last year and should be fully healthy from those injuries. This is also taking into account that we might not have either of our starting DTs available early in the season.

Peters is definitely going to be in the long-term plans, but I don't think he will be ready to be a major contributor so early in the season.

The important thing imo is that 2 of the other 3 DTs (Thomas Johnson, Vance Walker, or Trey Lewis) steps up.

I think Vance and Thomas are ready to step it up. If we get ANYTHING out of Trey Lewis, I think that we are gold depth wise. I only hope the Peria Jerry injury is progressing. IT will be nice to have him back, Willie Mo contributing and seeing young enthusiastic players (with a heady vet or two) wrecking havok on defense. Looking forward to us cracking heads and not backing down. The days of being shat on have got to be at the end.

I've got a little game I'd like to play if you guy's want to. Now we all know that stats never tell the whole story on a player because there are things that cant be measured but they can give insight to production. One thing to keep in mind is the competition that the players face week in and week out. Anyway here's the game, I'm listing some stats for Peters and the DT's that were taken in the first round.

I'm leaving Suh out because his stats are so dominate that you could pick him out easily. See if you guys can pick which stats go with which player. You can reply and just put the names in.

Games Solo Tackles Total Tackles Tackles for Loss Sacks

49 87 152 27 11.5

40 41 83 32.5 14.5

52 79 195 24 16

45 79 150 25 7

45 44 104 25.5 14.5

Who are they? Over a career, they look pretty similar, though some guys likely looked better the last couple of years. TFLs are similar, and sacks somewhat similar. Tackles are the biggest difference, though TFLs matter more to me.