I like when people protest at BP stations..

Andre5000

How did they get there? Probably filled up their SUV at BP and drove there. .. Typical Americans. We cant change. At what price will we change? When gas is $20 a gallon? When the Gulf is the Dead Sea? When there is no more fresh Stone Crab or Lobster?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing, though. I don't think there will ever be a way to keep that, ahem, "tainted" food out of our food supply. Even if the FDA installs extra inspections and the like, it is going to be very, very difficult to control that sort of thing. Everyone will be taking their chances anytime they order seafood. :(

Guest Gritz

I don't see what the big deal is with people protesting at BPs....Does it change anything? No, but more than likely those people feel powerless and frustrated with not being able to make any kind of difference in what is obviously a terrible situation.

If the KFC on Cobb Parkway gave you food poisoning how fast would you go back for more chicken?

No but Americans are addicted to their cars like a heroin addict.. Thats one of the reasons we are the most obese country in the world.. Could you imagine some of these fatasses actually using a train or walking somewhere? Every time i go to europe i come back and its like landing in an episode of Fat Farm or whatever that stupid reality show is about fat people.

No but Americans are addicted to their cars like a heroin addict.. Thats one of the reasons we are the most obese country in the world.. Could you imagine some of these fatasses actually using a train or walking somewhere? Every time i go to europe i come back and its like landing in an episode of Fat Farm or whatever that stupid reality show is about fat people.

I work 40 miles from home and there isn't a train system. I don't have much of a choice. That said, the car isn't the problem. We are obese because of fast food and not exercising (I speak from experience). The real question is why haven't we long ago developed alternative sources of energy? Could it be because both sides of the aisle have their hands in big oil's pockets? I think so...

How did they get there? Probably filled up their SUV at BP and drove there. .. Typical Americans. We cant change. At what price will we change? When gas is $20 a gallon? When the Gulf is the Dead Sea? When there is no more fresh Stone Crab or Lobster?

In America, the only change is changing the slogans on your bumper sticker.

Protesting at the BP stations doesn't do anything but hurt the owner of the station. It isn't their fault that the spill happened but it they are the people that are being punished. People are stupid

BP will use these owners as "human shields" and proclaim "your not hurting us, your hurting the little guy".

I hate it for the owners, but if your aligned with these guys right now your in trouble. Amazing how down the street from me, the BP gas station that is normally 5-10 cents more expensive than everyone else is now the same price as its competitors.

pretty much

If done on a large enough scale and for a long enough period of time, it would certainly impact the parent company; in this case BP. However, you are correct that several layers unintended targets would certainly suffer much more, and far quicker.

I work 40 miles from home and there isn't a train system. I don't have much of a choice. That said, the car isn't the problem. We are obese because of fast food and not exercising (I speak from experience). The real question is why haven't we long ago developed alternative sources of energy? Could it be because both sides of the aisle have their hands in big oil's pockets? I think so...

Get real. "We" are obese because of US. Not because of corporations, culture, or sides of the aisle. We are obese because no one takes personal responsibility for their actions. If you choose to eat fast food quality food, and that food happens to be either red meat based or battered and fried, then YOU are making YOU fat.

cap, I'm directing this rant at everyone, not you. But honestly you could bike to work if you really wanted to be skinny.

Simply put, we are fat because it is cheaper and easier in the short term to eat unhealthy. Not to mention that junk food usually tastes pretty good.

As soon as we can make healthy food that tastes better than anything else, is cheap, and easy to get then we will start seeing a healthier society.

Individuals may choose to be healthy, but that isn't the norm. I just wish my tax dollars weren't paying for their medical bills and I didn't get stuck next to them on the train/plane.

Get real. "We" are obese because of US. Not because of corporations, culture, or sides of the aisle. We are obese because no one takes personal responsibility for their actions. If you choose to eat fast food quality food, and that food happens to be either red meat based or battered and fried, then YOU are making YOU fat.

cap, I'm directing this rant at everyone, not you. But honestly you could bike to work if you really wanted to be skinny.

Bike 40 miles to work? That's ridiculous.