Turner and the 370 Curse

Was wondering what people thought about what Michael Fabiano said about Michael Turner, and how only 3 running backs have ever reached the yardage total they had in their 370+ carry seasons, again in their entire careers. I don't think that it has to be, but that does kinda make me nervous.

And Matt Ryan throwing more. If Turner can reach 1,700 yarda again, Then he'll have to average like 10 yards a carry. The reason They never reach it again, is because it is always a really high number, cause they had alot of carries. If would actually be weird if alot of Runningbacks got higher than their 370+ carry season

The funny thing about the "370 curse" is that it goes beyond the following year. Only 3 running backs of the 22 that rushed 370+ times have ever made it back to the same production of that year for the rest of their career. Guys like Shaun Alexander, Ricky Williams, Larry Johnson are those that struggled..... I don't think Turner is part of that group!

We don't have to have Turner run the ball that much. He carried a young quarterback and poor defense in 2008. Turner himself admitted his poor conditioning going into the 2009 season, and has addressed that this year coming into OTA's in great shape.

We need more effective rushes to open up the passing game. We should have an extremely balanced offense this year with great depth. I say Turner will have around 250-270 carries with about 1200 yards..... 15+ TD's.

It's also important to consider just how much of a task reaching that level of production is in the first place. Keep in mind that a 1,600 yard season is 16 games starting, averaging 100 yards a game. That is a really tough number to hit as a running back, especially with other talented backs on the team that also get touches. Barry Sanders eclipsed 1,600 twice ever...the '94 season and then that magical '97 season where he got 2,053 yds on 335 carries. Names like Eddie George and Marshall Faulk never even saw a 1,600 yard season. So just keep it all in perspective. The part of the curse I still can't figure out is the injuries...one could cite overly stressed bodies due to the numerous carries from the previous season but gosh it's awfully consistent.

The curse? No, just a lot of things came together

for backs to get that many carries in the first place.

Normal seasons don't put the ball in any one players

hands that much. We had a lot to play for in 2008 and

an offensive coordinator who likes to pound the rock.

He is more likely to spread the ball around this year

but Turner will get plenty of touches.